Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#626 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:27 PM
I had to restart my entire game because I got a new laptop, and now I have a new dilemma - this time in Pleasantview.
After Don happily married Cassandra (Surprise!), just because "why not", Dina - now an infallibly good witch, somehow - married Mortimer and thus moved in. Next, Casandra had twins, so now the household consists of 7 sims: Cassandra, Dina, Mortimer, Don, Alexander, and the baby twins Sandra and Donna.
Now here's the thing: Dina is pregnant, however, she can still take the morning after pill (and terminate it). With Mortimer dying soon, and Alexander moving to college later, should she have the baby, or should she take the morning after pill?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#627 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I had to restart my entire game because I got a new laptop, and now I have a new dilemma - this time in Pleasantview.
After Don happily married Cassandra (Surprise!), just because "why not", Dina - now an infallibly good witch, somehow - married Mortimer and thus moved in. Next, Casandra had twins, so now the household consists of 7 sims: Cassandra, Dina, Mortimer, Don, Alexander, and the baby twins Sandra and Donna.
Now here's the thing: Dina is pregnant, however, she can still take the morning after pill (and terminate it). With Mortimer dying soon, and Alexander moving to college later, should she have the baby, or should she take the morning after pill?

She should keep it, I think, in her mind, it'd be a way to secure a good inheritance from Mortimer. He's too good of a guy to leave his child with no money.
Mad Poster
#628 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:54 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 4th Sep 2018 at 1:15 PM.
I have a household of seven college kids and I don't know what major they should pick and, most importantly, how that would determine their path in life considering I won't be giving them the typical jobs that happen off-screen. A bunch of them are sports or fitness enthusiasm (lol, dunno how I can revolutionize the world with such proceeding generation). I would give more details about each of these individual, but I don't really remember well their interest, personality, ltw etc.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#629 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 1:56 PM
I'd wait till they roll wants for a major. Most sims will do that. Those who don't, will automatically be slotted into Philosophy at start of Junior year.

Major doesn't determine your path in life, even in real life. I worked for a real estate appraiser whose degree was in biology once.

The majors encourage sims to gain a well-rounded skill set with emphasis on certain skills depending on the promotion requirements for certain related careers, so if you want to use them strategically in a situation in which you're not using careers, look into the point spreads required for filling up the grade bar. Since skilling is faster on a University lot, it might be a good idea to give sims a major in something that demands a focus on skills they'd be unlikely to get on their own. For instance, a fitness nut who doesn't like to sit still might be well-advised to take a major with low body requirements and high charisma or mechanical requirements, since those are hard to get without standing/sitting still. Alternatively, if you want a sim to get good grades with minimal directed skilling so you can focus on other things, choose a major with high demands in a skill that's easy to get autonomously (i.e. logic and creativity, since those have fun objects attached to them) or that they're already high in, and don't worry about it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#630 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 4:03 AM
@SneakyWingPhoenix, As Peni suggested, first I would wait and see if anyone rolls a want for major. If some are stubborn and refuse to pick, rather than let them all be philosophers, I pick a major that first has the skills I want them to learn, then fits with their aspiration and personality (you could use interests here, too, I just never look at them). When looking at skills, if you won't be giving Maxis jobs, look at what you will have them do and pick skills that align with that. Anyone going to be a cook or homemaker? Cooking, cleaning and mechanical are good skills for them, then pick from majors that match those skills. You can do the same for any vocation-doctor, gardener, lawyer, etc.

As for how to determine their path in life, well, when I'm really desperate, I break out my list and roll. So I'd do that at least--write down all the options so you know what's available/what you'd like to, or can, do. If your sims don't show a leaning towards a particular path, introduce a little randomness and tradition/inheritance. For example, in my bacc hood, I would note who the heirs are first--they are usually going to follow in their parent's footsteps and train to take over that vocation, be it farmer, mayor, craftsman, architect, etc. etc. In case of families like farmers, one or two spares might also train for the same role, in case someone died, or because I was going to have them stay at home and help out around the house. Farming families always need extra hands to garden, or spares can help raise kids, keep the house tidy, and mind shops, etc. After all that, I might have a chance a sim gets drafted into the military, or law enforcement, or the medical field, depending on what's going on in the hood. Some of these sims might go to college, in which case they would pick majors to help them fulfill these roles, or majors that have skills requirements that would be useful in their field.

...Does that help a bit?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#631 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 11:09 AM
Yeah, both of your advices. Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#632 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:18 AM
Super-fertile Roxie Sharpe has done it again - except that this is a new neighbourhood, with Inteen, making her my first pregnant college Sim! She needs some help figuring out what to do. She's definitely having the baby, but should she have it adopted, drop out of school before it's born, or try to raise the baby and work for her degree at the same time?

Putting it up for adoption would be the easiest thing, but she's not sure how she feels about never seeing it again.

If she drops out of school, she'll get a $13,000 'refund' of the fees she theoretically paid, so she'll be able to find a place to live, but she'll probably lose Jonah - he's more likely to stay on and 'enjoy the college experience' (read 'sleep around') than to drop out and face up to his responsibilities.

But trying to raise the baby at school . . . She'd need to take over Edwin's room, which she'd feel bad about, and then there's the matter of the baby either aging too fast and being in college with its mother, or aging very slowly (can I turn aging off on campus, where there's no aging anyway?) and dropping behind its friends in school. Also, she's heard some college mums have trouble getting their children off campus after graduation - is that true? And if she tries to stay on but can't cope, her fee refund will be much smaller later on, making it harder for her to find a decent place to live.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#633 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:37 AM
She might like to take a look at this. Particularly the uni-aging mod.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#634 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:08 AM
Thanks, Bulbi. They all seem to be incompatible with Inteen, though, so I'll just have to see what Inteen does in terms of aging up babies on campus.

It probably won't be with Roxie, though. After sleeping on it, and getting a fairly poor grade for the semester, and seeing how much work she'd have to do to get a good grade next semester, she's decided to try and scrape through one more semester, just to complete her 'diploma' (I consider Sims who complete their sophomore year to have a two-year diploma, which lets them get higher up the career ladder), then drop out. Her pregnancy is suspended, to make it a more realistic two semesters long, so she'll be moving out just before she gives birth. She's thinking that if she can get Jonah to drop out with her at the end of their sophomore year, they'll get a decent fee refund at a time when they really need the money. But she does, of course, reserve the right to change her mind.
Forum Resident
#635 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Thanks, Bulbi. They all seem to be incompatible with Inteen, though, so I'll just have to see what Inteen does in terms of aging up babies on campus.

It probably won't be with Roxie, though. After sleeping on it, and getting a fairly poor grade for the semester, and seeing how much work she'd have to do to get a good grade next semester, she's decided to try and scrape through one more semester, just to complete her 'diploma' (I consider Sims who complete their sophomore year to have a two-year diploma, which lets them get higher up the career ladder), then drop out. Her pregnancy is suspended, to make it a more realistic two semesters long, so she'll be moving out just before she gives birth. She's thinking that if she can get Jonah to drop out with her at the end of their sophomore year, they'll get a decent fee refund at a time when they really need the money. But she does, of course, reserve the right to change her mind.

Funnily enough, my Roxie is also pregnant and dropped out! (Though, I was graduating everyone anyway because I wanted them to be adults in my hood)
Jonah dropped out as well, but they live in a trailer together. Jonah isn't as enthusiastic about the baby as Roxie is, that's for sure. I'm planning that maybe she catches him cheating and finds a more reliable man who can take on both her and baby.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#636 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 2:10 PM
Toddler beds don't work in my game - there is just no interactions available on them - I don't have all that many mods. Anyone has any ideas?
Mad Poster
#637 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 2:25 PM
Nope. I'm afraid shortcutting the 50/50 isn't likely to be an option. But if you don't have many mods, it shouldn't take too long to narrow down.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#638 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 3:02 PM
I started a new hood with only 6 families and I have three sets of twins already - I want to try to get by without nannies in this hood. So I thought I would try the toddler beds and hoped it was just me doing something stupid - toddler mats also don't work. And apologies - I realised I posted on the wrong thread.
Forum Resident
#639 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 12:02 PM
I want to make as much drama (tm) happen as I can, but now that Don willingly married Cassandra my plans to make her kill him and send Nina to be a nun or scientist have been made redundant. Any ideas on how I could make the story more dramatic (tm)?
Oh, and Lilith is having Dirk's baby at their house bc drama (tm), should they still go to college or not?
Alchemist
#640 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 9:00 PM
Well, I can tell you what I've done in my game, maybe that will give you some ideas and help you figure out what you do and don't want to do.

That path has given me lots of drama and storylines and it helped me to distinguish Dirk and Dustin, who can be rather similar. Both boys, in my experience, tend to be rather loyal to whichever love interest is right in front of their face, rather than having a "one true love" they always go back to. But while my Dustin will take whatever life (and I) throw at him, find a way to do the right thing, support his family, and be happy with whatever he's got, I see Dirk as a little more wary and selfish. Dustin's life had only started to go downhill when his father died and he's only considering a life of crime because he sees it as the best way to support his family. I imagine he had a happy home before Skip died, maybe money was tight, but maybe not, considering the tiny pool, Brandi's impressive skills, and the fact that she only quit working recently. Dirk on the other hand, while he too might have had a happy childhood, seems to come from a home that isn't coping well. Yes, Darren is pursuing his dream of being a painter, but at what cost? There are bills everywhere so Darren clearly didn't plan his career change in the best of ways, and maybe that has shaped Dirk to be a little mistrustful of others and also more cautious about looking out for himself. His father clearly doesn't care what pursuing his dream will do to Dirk's financial security and future. Dirk might not be so desperate as to choose a life of crime, but he would probably be very concerned about ending up poor, losing his status in the neighborhood, and trying to keep up appearances. He'd also be wary of letting love consume him and cloud one's judgement, having watched his father basically do a 180 and completely change after his mom died and then having to watch Darren be almost consumed with pinning away for Cassandra.

Lilith, on the other hand can be a little tricky. As a popularity sim, she'd want to go to college, make friends, and make a name for herself. But I also see her as someone who wanted the life she thought her parents had and is probably deeply scarred by finding out about her father's affair and romance nature. I could totally see her giving up the baby for adoption and going on to college, determined to prove to her family she's better than they thought and that she can make it on her own. On the other hand, I could also see her clinging to the baby and the thought of a new family, determined to make that work and have the happy family life that was a sham in her old home.

So I guess you'll have to decided what kind of people are Lilith and Dirk are and what's most important to them--having a baby, staying together, making money, not ending up like their parents, etc. And then let those choices guide their decisions. My inclination is to let Dirk go to college, as he's a fortune sim and university does unlock higher paying jobs, even if you don't have a complicated education system set up in your game. But with mods, there are lots of options; the whole family can go, staying together, or Lilith and Dirk can stay in the main hood and go to college, or the couple can take turns, one going to uni now and the other going later, after the other finishes. I guess that all depends on how they each view college and what college could do for them.

For Don, Cassandra, and Nina, I need a bit more context for them, as their storylines can widely branch off--or did you mean Dina, considering your earlier post? Either way, I can't see Dina or Nina being much of a nun (definitely not for Nina!) or a scientist. I always see them as sims considered about money and living the good life, but also, having played Nina recently, I'm realizing that Nina is going to be a lot more motivated, and maybe proactive, than her sister. Nina is very neat, active, and serious, so I see her as someone who will eventually take charge of her fate and do what she has to do to get what she wants. I'd play her fairly close to her aspiration and interests, finding her a job that suits her interests and ltw, and letting her use romance (and reputation bonuses) to schmooze, get free stuff, and promotions until she finds the right sim to settle down with and give her the cushy wealthy life she wants.

Dina, though, is a lazy, sloppy, playful fortune sim. With that many outgoing and nice points, I can't say she's not a people person, but I see her as more laid back and more likely to try and take the easiest route to success. So I'd probably play her as someone who always tries to do things the easy way, but by being so lazy, it rarely works out in her favor. She'll try to cling to the Goths as long as she can, using her and Mortimer's kid(s) as leverage to try and get money, but the Goths would've had something up their sleeves to thwart her and make sure only the kid benefits. So then maybe Dina looks for ways to chip away at the Goths, maybe using her people skills, like getting Darren to break up Cassandra and Don to get back at Cassandra and maybe even to steal Don away. She'd be quick to use sabotage to get her way and the only way I see her being content with being a nun is if it's one of those really posh, swanky convents, with lots of fun stuff around.

And I've written a book again! Sorry about that. Hope it helped some, at least.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#641 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:27 AM
I have two female sims and one male sim who are all teens now and all got their first kiss from the same townie, so I'm going to send that townie to college and have the three of them duke it out for his affections. How should I decide who wins him? Ideally, two or even all of them should be a possible final answer.
Mad Poster
#642 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 5:57 AM
Put them all in the same household, have them all scope the room, and then leave them to it. When playing other households, invite them all over, as a household or to parties, and observe their behavior. They'll let you know.

Mad Poster
#643 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
How should I decide who wins him? Ideally, two or even all of them should be a possible final answer.

If thery're all bi, I'd say you've got the makings of a lovely poly blob there (with my mod setup, there would be no jealousy if everyone was in love with everyone else). If they're not all bi, that could pose a more complicated answer, one I probably wouldn't want to bother with in my own game due to the drama and heartbreak, but maybe that's exactly what you're going for.
Lab Assistant
#644 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 4:20 PM
So my sim Galatea just a female baby from an love affair with Ryan Wheeler,she's an live in servant to an old fashioned couple who are furious that she a)had an illegitimate child and b) was seeing a man in secret. The wife who is vampire turned Ryan into a vampire as punishment. I'm not too sure what do give the baby to another family,have Ryan and Galatea run away together or maybe something else
Forum Resident
#645 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 6:23 PM
@PhantomKnight
Thanks for pointing out that I should establish Dustin and Dirk's persona a bit more, especially since I've never actually done it before (I even ignored the whole good guy-bad guy thing they had going on).
The Dina thing was for another hood though, and I moved to a new laptop and now Mortimer's only interest is Bella. As for Nina, I think of her as the romance sim who's more into 1 passionate relationship instead of having 6879 lovers at once, since she hasn't had any more romances since she fell in love with Don, and I was thinking that maybe finding out that Don will never be truly hers (or learning that he died) would break her enough to pull a complete 180 and become a nun or a scientist. Dina will have to find a way to resurrect Michael on her own, though, it seems.
@Shadow214
Would Galatea be able to find a new job to keep her family with Ryan if they were to run away, or is she in a social standing where she can only be a servant or a stay-at-home mother? If she and Ryan could potentially get by even with a family, then I'd say they should run away.
What are their aspirations? If they're family sims then they should run away and try to have a nice family life either way.
Mad Poster
#646 Old 2nd Oct 2018 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
If thery're all bi, I'd say you've got the makings of a lovely poly blob there (with my mod setup, there would be no jealousy if everyone was in love with everyone else). If they're not all bi, that could pose a more complicated answer, one I probably wouldn't want to bother with in my own game due to the drama and heartbreak, but maybe that's exactly what you're going for.

Unfortunately only the townie is bi, though I had thought of them all just sharing him. I guess it depends on who else they meet at college, they might pick up some extra sims to be part of a blob. I do have a polyblob in the previous generation, and a woman married to two men. These guys are mainly romance sims, which means jealousy and marriage are both unlikely.
Forum Resident
#647 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 7:18 PM
I just aged up Lucy Burb, and according to the storyline I want to play out, she needs a boyfriend who can beat up Alexander for getting his first kiss from her at a party. However, Benedick is going to date Bottom and he'll be on Alexander's side, Buck just doesn't seem like the aggressive type, and Hal is probably going to date Beatrice to make for a "cute forbidden love between two teens in a semi-detached house (tm)".
Should I make a CAS sim for Lucy, pair her up with some random townie (that she'll probably have low chemistry with), or get rid of the Hal-Beatrice drama to make room for this one, or something completely different?
Top Secret Researcher
#648 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I just aged up Lucy Burb, and according to the storyline I want to play out, she needs a boyfriend who can beat up Alexander for getting his first kiss from her at a party. However, Benedick is going to date Bottom and he'll be on Alexander's side, Buck just doesn't seem like the aggressive type, and Hal is probably going to date Beatrice to make for a "cute forbidden love between two teens in a semi-detached house (tm)".
Should I make a CAS sim for Lucy, pair her up with some random townie (that she'll probably have low chemistry with), or get rid of the Hal-Beatrice drama to make room for this one, or something completely different?

Well I always concentrate on having 3 bolts between Sims that I match up, so my advice is what ever match that has the best chemistry with a minimum of two bolts, but best to have three I think.

I always make my story lines fit the chemistry. Also me I always have 3 bolts, if I can't get 3 bolts I make a different match for the Sims.

Note that using The Sim Blender/The Sim Manipulator/The InSimenator possiblely plus The Sim Modder, you can change the Sign of the Sims involved and the Aspiration of the Sims involved and the Turn Ons and Turn Offs of the Sims involved and I frequently change the Turn Ons and Turn Offs and the Aspiration of Sims and sometimes even the Astrology Sign in order to get the mandatory 3 bolts that I always have.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#649 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 12:21 AM
Boltage isn't everything, and anyway why shouldn't she have good chemistry with a townie?

And you needn't write off Buck, if she likes him. No, he isn't the aggressive type, but remember who raised him. Fighting for A Woman's Honor is very much the sort of thing he'd believe was not only permissible, but his duty as a lover.

Forum Resident
#650 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:15 AM
@lordtyger9
You use those things to get 3 bolts? I thought it actually occured to other people naturally. I think I've only seen a 3 bolt attraction before...
@Peni Griffin
I don't really think it would be for "a woman's honor", considering it is Alexander who kisses Lucy, but I guess I'll see when Buck ages up and the two meet.
Page 26 of 48