Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 - Fatal Error when Birthday comes
Hello everybody!

I have a bug since yesterday, and I don't really know how to fix it. I have a family where two adult sims are about to become seniors at the same time. However, whenever it's time for them to grow old (at 6 PM) or if i make it happen manually, the game crashes, and I have the message "Fatal Error, the application is going to close" (I tried to translate it to English from my language but I don't know if it is the exact message in english I'm sorry).

I already have emptied the caches. I don't know what is the problem, I thought about the downloads, but I've been playing for a pretty long time with these downoads, and this family for that matter, and nothing of the sort ever happened before. Did this problem already occured? Do you have any ideas or solutions?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edit- I run the Sims 2 with Windows 10!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:02 AM
You need to make a backup, pull your C then try the birthday. CC that you have had a long time can suddenly become corrupt. I had an elder male outfit corrupt just that way, on an elder birthday. If they age normally you can be sure it's CC. If your cc is well organized try pulling elder clothes and hair, if it's not you will need to do a 50/50 search. Half the folder, try half, keep trying and halving until you find the problem. if it's CC (most likely) You might also find clicking through the elder section in CAS will trigger a crash as does Body Shop.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:11 AM
Elders crashing sounds like you have the uhkjhihjkj (11) file lurking in your Downloads folder. It's not necessarily called that (so it can have random numbers and letters as name too) but the file size is always 6.4 MB so it's pretty easy to find, just search your download folder for *.package, put them in size order and move out everything in that size for checking or just delete directly especially if the file name is just random letters and numbers. If you open it in SimPE all it contains is multiple CRES files and nothing else. It's a file that tends to attach itself to Sims but it's garbage file and removing it is perfectly safe and advisable since it gets corrupted easily and causes crashing and it's not really used for anything.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM Last edited by Funderberker : 13th Mar 2018 at 10:59 PM.
Hello! Sorry for the late reply, I did not have the time to play this week!

Thanks a lot the to the both of you, foxmanic it was as you said! I found the uhkjhihjkj file and deleted it and now everything is doing perfect! I'm so happy thanks you! Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:49 AM
hi! could someone please help me? i can't age my adult male sims to elders and i can't locate this file anywhere.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 1:55 AM
@havesamantha Please make your own thread and give us more details.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~