Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Crashing while applying for job - UC
So I have a problem with the game crashing when a particular sim applies for a job. The easy fix probably would be just to delete the sim, but I don't want to do that.

The crashing occurs both while applying via the computer and the job notice board by MogHughson. I tried removing all cc, which fixed the problem so you'd think the problem is with the cc, BUT, I tried with another sim, using the same cc computer and there was no crashing. I also moved the affected sim to a newly built house, just in case there was some corruption with their house, but it didn't help. I created both these sims at the same time, so I'm not sure if there is a sim corruption.

Does anyone have any guesses to what is causing this, or is my sims going to be unemployed for the rest of their life?
(I have UC and windows 10)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 10:52 PM
No, the easy fix is most definitely to NOT delete the sim, you must never delete sims. Deleting sims is one major cause of corruption, along with moving sims between hoods, binning lots with sims, deleting graves, installing occupied houses. Never do any of those things if you care about keeping your hood. Corruption starts small and builds, sometimes slowly other times quickly but the end result is a multitude of glitches, vanishing sims and even vanishing hoods.

The problem could be with the sim, have you deleted any other sims? It could be a sign of corruption. Run hood Checker and see what it finds.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tveitjolras
...I tried with another sim, using the same cc computer and there was no crashing.

Which CC computer are you using? If it's one of Monique's, make sure you have the updated Apartment Life versions by Chaavik at insimenator.org. The versions here on MTS are old and out of date and probably won't work right with the Ultimate Collection.

If you are using any version of Monique's computer, be sure to remove the MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package file from your Downloads folder. This file is buggy and can cause strange intermittent errors. Removing this file only removes the computer functions from the sim's self-click menu. You'll still be able to use the computer just fine without it.

I have no idea whether any of this has anything to do with the problem you're actually having, but it can't hurt to look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No, the easy fix is most definitely to NOT delete the sim, you must never delete sims. Deleting sims is one major cause of corruption, along with moving sims between hoods, binning lots with sims, deleting graves, installing occupied houses. Never do any of those things if you care about keeping your hood. Corruption starts small and builds, sometimes slowly other times quickly but the end result is a multitude of glitches, vanishing sims and even vanishing hoods.

The problem could be with the sim, have you deleted any other sims? It could be a sign of corruption. Run hood Checker and see what it finds.

I haven't done any of the things you mentioned; I recently re-installed my game and these are the only two sims I've created so far. So no deleted sims, not even the ones that comes with the family bin. I'll run the hood checker, thanks for the advice!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Which CC computer are you using? If it's one of Monique's, make sure you have the updated Apartment Life versions by Chaavik at insimenator.org. The versions here on MTS are old and out of date and probably won't work right with the Ultimate Collection.

If you are using any version of Monique's computer, be sure to remove the MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package file from your Downloads folder. This file is buggy and can cause strange intermittent errors. Removing this file only removes the computer functions from the sim's self-click menu. You'll still be able to use the computer just fine without it.

I have no idea whether any of this has anything to do with the problem you're actually having, but it can't hurt to look.

I can't remember which one, but I'll look around and check out your advice. Thanks!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tveitjolras
I haven't done any of the things you mentioned; I recently re-installed my game and these are the only two sims I've created so far. So no deleted sims, not even the ones that comes with the family bin. I'll run the hood checker, thanks for the advice!

Good, don't delete them either. If you want sims gone, kill them. I assume you have no unlink on delete? make sure you do or the game may randomly delete a grave and corrupt your hood without you doing a thing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 12:48 PM
Good, don't delete them either. If you want sims gone, kill them. I assume you have no unlink on delete? make sure you do or the game may randomly delete a grave and corrupt your hood without you doing a thing.

I don't know what "unlink on delete" means, so I assume that's a no

I used the hood checker, got rid of the invalids and tried again. Same problem :/ I tried with a maxis computer too, and still the same problem. I'm not sure what to do now to be honest.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:29 PM
It is a mod you absolutely need! And you find it here.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2083.0

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:55 PM
I did some game testing with and without my cc, and I think I found the problem; a piece of cc clothing from Veranka. "Problem" is, I've had this particular piece of cc in my game for a long time. Is it possible that it's started acting up just now? That seems quite strange, I think.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 2:34 PM
Any CC file can become corrupt. I had an elder outfit corrupt when the game crashed on an elder birthday. It's not common but it can happen.

Nounlinkondelete is a mod that stops your game shredding the data associated with that grave and corrupting your hood. The game can on occasion simply delete a grave or a sim can smash an urn and sweep up the ashes, both will corrupt your hood.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 8:43 PM
Any CC file can become corrupt. I had an elder outfit corrupt when the game crashed on an elder birthday. It's not common but it can happen.

That's too bad, those were my favourite pair of pants
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 8:55 PM
Just redownload it!