Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2926 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:37 AM
Cassandra and Don Lothario moved into their new 4-bedroom house, which was a good thing as baby Benjamin needed a room of his own. He's now a 2 yo toddler, walking and potty-trained, but hasn't fully embarked on the talking yet. He's also now a big brother, after Cassandra gave birth to twins Alfie and Gemma. They're three months old.

Cassandra really wants to become a doctor, so much so that she's quit her science career and enrolled in community college to get that Biology degree. She's also hoping that Don can put in a good word for her while he's still working at the hospital; he wants to change career as well, but she's convinced him to stay where he is for the time being.
The marriage isn't going quite as smoothly though - Kaylynn saw them making out, and became angry as despite her relationship with Daniel, she sees Don as hers and Cassie is just in the way. Now the two women are enemies, and it might not be too long before Cass starts to think divorce might be the better option, despite the fact that with three young children she needs all the help she can get! However, as a responsible mum, she knows that fighting is not something she wants the children to witness...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2927 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:05 AM
I'm 98% done with re-making Veronaville! I'm genuinely pleased with the outcome - it just looks so good! The only reason I haven't finished yet is because I'm confounded on how I want to makeover Capp Manor and 95 Bard Boulevard respectively. It's gotten to the point where I made 2 and 1/2 NEW lots rather than try to tackle those molehills today.
Field Researcher
#2928 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:12 AM
Well I got distracted from both the no-rules hood I've been messing around in and the new (still nameless) hood I've been setting up. I've been trying to avoid the pre-mades and play brand new sims but I got to missing the Pleasantview sims (always happens). I ended up pulling out the back up copy of the hood I was fast breeding the PV sims in (named Pleasantly), where I had left all of them in the Breeding House. They just waited for me to age most of the 17 toddlers to the age they needed to be (Don L, Nina & Dina C. to teenagers, others to children, some staying toddlers) and then being moved to their own homes. I have so far managed to do the aging and get everyone moved out and then into their own homes. I placed lots of houses and then today managed to place most of my comm lots. I have two more that I want to build replacements for so I need to leave spots open for them. I have more houses to place around the area where the comm lots are and then I can finish the decorating. I keep it simple and mostly just need to throw down some more trees since I've already placed most of the alleys.

In this version, Cassandra Goth (child but halfway to teen) is a blond (as is her mom). Dustin (child) and his little brother Beau have black hair. Nina got blond hair like Dina but has the alien skintone (like her father). Angela & Lilith Pleasant (both children) have blond hair also and their father Daniel, has black hair (think Mary Sue is blond too). Brandi Broke has a younger brother (child halfway to teen) and her parents are young enough that they could have another kid or two. Coral Oldie has 8 days till she turns elder and has a want to have a baby. It's tempting to let her. Elders only get 4 to 6 days (in my hoods) so Mary Sue could find herself needing to step in and raise a much younger sibling.

There are some extras. Tango Caliente married a younger woman (an extra kid from one of the other families) and they have a daughter. I kept the Crumplebottom name going, a woman (Briar) and her young daughter (Camilla) who are currently guests of the Goth family. Michael Bachelor(blond) is married to a younger woman (Crumplebottom bloodline also) and they have a toddler (who was actually fathered by Michaels father but no one knows that). There is an older Goth male (extremely close to elder) who is married to a much younger woman also (with a toddler I think), Mortimer's uncle (or possible great uncle, I just remember he was allowed to run wild for years until he was finally told to knock it off, marry and produce a kid).

I didn't want to add any brand new sims so the extras had to marry/breed with each other (my game likes to give me twins) and it was fun to help them pair off. I also allowed an extra non-twin kid occasionally to even up numbers. Lots of tangled family tree branches!

I also put in my back up copy of Strangely, where the ST ancestors wait to breed the next gen. :p
Mad Poster
#2929 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:04 PM
In my handmaid hood, all the Dawn kids are married except for Gallagher who is still just a kid. Life is VERY expensive there with 90% tax burden so families tend to all try to live together to help each other out. This means a lot of people in the household. The three younger women are all trying to have children. Star has experienced a couple of miscarriages, so she has turned to the dark side and become a genie. The three women are all now pregnant, but the risk for the family if caught using magic is very high. Meanwhile, the patriarch is preparing his proposal to try to get a handmaid for at least one of his adult kids. It's unlikely they will be rewarded one because they don't have a tremendous amount of money or space, but he's going to give it a try.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2930 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversesneaker
I'm 98% done with re-making Veronaville! I'm genuinely pleased with the outcome - it just looks so good! The only reason I haven't finished yet is because I'm confounded on how I want to makeover Capp Manor and 95 Bard Boulevard respectively. It's gotten to the point where I made 2 and 1/2 NEW lots rather than try to tackle those molehills today.

Whenever you do finish it, I want to see pictures!
Inventor
#2931 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM
I thought that since I finished setting up my mountain and fishing villages, I'd start playing them but my brain said nope, we're playing the apocalypse and asylums again. You'd think I get my fill playing horror games. No wonder I like Down On Your Luck Hostel so much.

(I thought of putting up a story version of the residents' stories - starring @joandsarah77 as the landlady - yet I'm too lazy/busy to set everything up. )
Instructor
#2932 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:04 PM
After his twins were born, my Sim wanted to learn how to control his anger. I hope that's just a coincidence.
Scholar
#2933 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:43 PM
Malcolm Landgraab thought he had his enterprises under control. After a pretty normal day of Gunnar and Mickey having profitable dates in the backyard, everyone agreed to go out on the town a little bit. Goopy thought it would be fun to investigate the big courthouse Downtown -- and so did I, for testing purposes. It's good I checked it out before I have cause for properly using it, as some of the invisible Sophie-David speaking objects are turned the wrong way (which would be a BIG problem if there was actually a trial going on), and the coffee counter is highly inefficient. Otherwise, I'm surprised how well the speaking objects and relay speakers put people in appropriate positions down on the main floor, while not inhibiting more relaxed autonomous activity downstairs.

While the humans investigated inside, Suzy and Loot beat up two stray dogs. Nina presented Malcolm with a rose, to his embarrassment; she was getting far more stares than he wanted to attract. Wanting to be on his own turf, he took everyone off to Club Dante to make money.

There things slowly spiralled very profitably out of control. Daisy Greenman used Mickey to try out human men. Gunnar flirted with Nina as he waited for clients of his own, which she took as flattering. Malcolm was irate and demanded she do more than wander around being a distraction to his employees. He hadn't expected her to join them, but had to admit that there seemed to be quite the necrophiliac market niche... (Nina had multiple-WooHoo wants, Malcolm wanted to earn money and stars, and I kept thinking about a certain Voltaire song...) She also managed to sooth Malcolm's temper with a near-threesome between the two of them and Claire Wood in the Love Tub.

It's obvious that Club Dante is known for what it is and tolerated -- Demi Love, the NPC cop, showed up for more than a little entertainment from Mickey and Claire, and also way too many of the drinks Malcolm was making. Gunner watched her fling herself into the pursuit of pleasure and oblivion, wondered if it had something to do with the black band on the badge of her tossed-aside uniform, and sneaked off to the kitchen to call Erin Beaker. He was on the phone with her when people started screaming out in the main area, just before the power went off. What had happened was that a very messy, just-resurrected Paris Prince had shambled in, attracted by the party atmosphere and the vague scent of another zombie...and then the fuses blew, right on cue. It would have been a good start to a horror movie, but Paris isn't THAT kind of zombie... Malcolm, with astonishing composure, asked the newcomer to fix the fuse box. Paris's brain wasn't up for that, and the puzzle sent him wandering off again. Claire Wood quit in fury, exclaiming that darkness and monsters were not a fit environment for her. It's just as well that it was dark, because Dina Caliente managed to come in for a short while and have a few drinks without noticing her zombie sister watching her from the gloom. Considering the hullabaloo Paris had caused, Nina thought this wouldn't be a good way to reveal herself in her current state.

Back at the mansion, Gunnar suggested inviting Kristen Loste over to try to find out what was going on. She had only the vaguest of ideas, and as Malcolm had noticed the similarity between Paris and Nina, he thought it best to keep her away from his zombie. The best way he knew to do that was to seduce her...which backfired when Nina invaded the room above the garage to find them having WooHoo up there. Gunner and Mickey couldn't help but find the situation funny, especially when Kristen fled and left Malcolm dodging clumsy zombie-slaps while still naked.

Malcolm told Nina she could stay in the garage, because if she was going to act like that, she was just another worker. He wasn't expecting to be awakened by the weight of cold flesh pinning him to his bed, the smell of her choking him, her clammy body unresponsive to his attempts to push her off and yet still moving, using him, making him, Malcolm Landgraab, do her desires...

She was gone before, still gagging, Malcolm was able to stumble out of the house and awaken Gunnar. Mickey leered tauntingly at him, and Malcolm had a horrifying realization of what he'd inflicted on Bella Goth in the photo-booth at that diner. Gunnar tried to be sympathetic, but seemed unable to hide his true feelings...

"I did not want to get...that...by a zombie!" Malcolm shouted.

"Sure, but you did...that...to a zombie," Gunnar said. "Do you really think anyone's going to believe you about this right now? Do you need this kind of attention?"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2934 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I thought that since I finished setting up my mountain and fishing villages, I'd start playing them but my brain said nope, we're playing the apocalypse and asylums again. You'd think I get my fill playing horror games. No wonder I like Down On Your Luck Hostel so much.

(I thought of putting up a story version of the residents' stories - starring @joandsarah77 as the landlady - yet I'm too lazy/busy to set everything up. )

Well if you want her my simself and hubby are uploaded on my LiveJournal, I think the links still work. I love seeing how things are going at the hostel, it's a riot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2935 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:46 PM
Bit of a long update.

So my plans on setting up Tank Grunt and Erin Beaker started off on a bad note. Erin kept rejecting his advances, despite them having a lightning bolt. Eventually my plan worked and they kissed. Tank never had his first kiss until then, too busy trying to impress his dad and lift weights as a teenager to have time for girls.

Ripp will be moving to college in this rotation. He brought home a townie named Tiffany from school. They seemed to hit it off right away and Ripp has his first kiss with her. I had originally wanted him to be with a townie named Edward but they didn't have any chemistry. I think I will send her to college with him. She's one of the better looking teen townies in Strangetown. According to the Sims Wiki, she's also a Romance sim so this should be interesting. I normally change Ripp's aspiration to Pleasure but decided to keep it as Romance (for the time being).

Buck snuck out and got caught. General Buzz wasn't happy with him.

I then played the Singles household. Erin and Tank are inseparable. She rolled the want to invite him over the first day of this rotation. That night Kristen got struck by lightning in their hot tub. Not even 30 seconds later, Chloe and Lola also got struck by lightning. Chloe proceeded to have an accident. About 3 Sim hours later, Kristen got struck by lightning again while playing in a puddle. Silly Sims.

The 2nd night Erin wanted to invite Tank over again. They woohoo-ed because of ACR and Erin became pregnant.

The following morning Chloe started a fire while making pancakes. Then because of a chance card, Kristen was demoted. Lola is now in a relationship with a Vacation townie named Troy. Chloe has been a typical romance Sim. Things are going to get complicated though now that she scooped the room and realized she was attracted to Kristen. Thanks to ACR, it didn't take much time for Chloe and Kristen to woohoo.

I wasn't even planning on this hood to have drama, but it wouldn't be the Sims without drama.
Inventor
#2936 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well if you want her my simself and hubby are uploaded on my LiveJournal, I think the links still work. I love seeing how things are going at the hostel, it's a riot.

Yep, I downloaded them a while back but I forgot their stats so I dropped by LJ for them. I thought of making your hubby's simself as the cook since they're the main apartment NPCs, so a fair warning about the mayhem they might cause!

Urgh, times like these make me wish for a way to have more playable apartment residents. I ended up cramming several people into the rooms just to have more there. It's a good thing toddlers can sleep on mats in the common areas and it makes sense for these particular households anyway.
Mad Poster
#2937 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:37 AM
I posted earlier that I'd revived one of my oldest hoods. Unfortunately after having run into issues with certain pixels, I chucked it. Life is too short.Back to Bellefleur, where the idea of becoming a zombie is very attractive to some teens-the London ones, after one of them was.
No, kids-you are not becoming zombies. You have to go to college first.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#2938 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:49 AM
Well two days ago I got to celebrate that my neighborhood got its first elder. Sanjay Ramaswami really, I should have foreseen it though.
And currently my two oldest 2nd generations are awaiting the first 3rd generation -w-/
overall I had 5 birthdays.
but that's about it really of wow this is interesting.

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#2939 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:07 PM
Well, I had to delete the two hoods I was still setting up. Cleaned up two others though and got yet another bright idea, which led to making yet another new terrain and started setting up the new hood with it. I also finished my new roller skating comm lot and made a good start on the indoor ice rink lot.
Lab Assistant
#2940 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 8:57 PM
I've been avoiding playing my remaining two families in Pleasantview proper, and it's been really stalling my play time. Usually I can move through about three households in a typical session, but I've been dragging my heels. I finally buckled down and played them, though! The Ottomas and the Goth-Menon families weren't nearly as annoying as I'd thought they were going to be. The Ottomai have been real easy to play since the twins aged up to children, it's just their lack of funds that bugs me. But I sincerely enjoy playing David and Sharla, so they are definitely the highlights of the experience. At the Goth-Menon house, Cassandra and her husband Jim are still fighting. They're at least on speaking terms now, although it took almost the entire three day rotation for Cassandra's nerve to wear down and apologize to him. Since her father remarried Aunt Dina and her ex-husband cheated on her with pretty much every girl who passed him by, Cassandra doesn't seem to see the problem with kissing somebody else, but after hashing it out with her husband, I think there's a future there for them. Their daughters, Isadora and Mathilde, both grew up into children. They're identical twins! I've never had a set of identical twins before.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Instructor
#2941 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 2:32 PM
I wanted to play (yet another) Uberhood but didn't want to play all those families rotation style. So, I created a little Survivor Challenge featuring Uberhood residents. The challenge is for 8 sims living on an island competing for a chance to win $1 million dollars. To win the $1 million, all a sim must do is max out all their skills, while sustaining the weather elements of the island.

With the challenge starting yesterday, my prognosis isn't positive. The weather mixed with the lack of resources seems to be too much for the contestants.

Day 1: The contestants, Checo Ramirez, Lisa Ramirez, Tessa Ramirez, Hannah Bell, Isaac Bell, Daniel Bell, Sharon Wirth, and John Mole arrive at the island. Things go swimmingly well. Married couples, The Ramirez's, and the Bell's made good use of the hot tub.

Day 2: Hannah Bell becomes pregnant, while Daniel Bell and Tessa Ramirez become good friends.

Day 4: The first snow of Winter occurs. Within hours, the contestants start to freeze. It's a wonder as to why none of them took refuge inside the tents. Before dawn, a starved and heavily pregnant Hannah Bell passes out.

Day 5: The first death occurs when Hannah Bell dies after sleeping in five inches of snow, for 12+ hours. However, she is revived when her husband pleads for her life. Soon after, Hannah gives birth to a son named, Jonah.
The pressures of not living a nice warm home seems getting to Checo Ramirez, as he goes into aspiration failure. During his breakdown, he was hear mumbling about not having a toilet or a telephone.

Day 6: The harsh winter continues as the contestants developed frostbite. Hannah Bell is the first to succumb to it. She is revived by her sister, Sharon. Daniel Bell grows into a teenager. Lisa Ramirez is the second to succumb frostbite. But, she is brought by to life, by her husband. Less than two hours later, it was Lisa's turn to plead for a life, as her daughter Tessa died. She is successful.

Day 7: Around 2am, Lisa Ramirez passed away. Daniel Bell attempted to save her, but failed. Therefore, Lisa is officially the first death of the Challenge. The following hour, Sharon Wirth is the next one to die. She is saved by her brother-in-law, Isaac. In the afternoon, Checo Ramirez dies. His cause of death is starvation, but the rest of the contestants believed that he died from heartbreak. Tessa Ramirez is now an orphan, losing her parents within 6 hours of each other.

With two of the first contestants gone, there is one open spot. The rules state that 8 sims must be on the island. The first week ends with Belladonna Cove's Carlos Contender moving in during the afternoon. When asked what he was going to with the prize money if he won, Carlos replied that he was going to get enhancements to become the sexiness sim alive.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#2942 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 5:16 PM
In Bellefleur, telepathy seems to be very rampant. Jacob London was turned into a zombie. His parents returned him to a normal state-however, the virus called "Zombiitis" is spreading all over town, leading many in town to desire to be a zombie.

There is no cure except time passing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#2943 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
... the virus called "Zombiitis" is spreading all over town, leading many in town to desire to be a zombie.

Knowledge sims are weird...
Forum Resident
#2944 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:55 AM
I'm on round 3 with Cornelius, the towns clock maker (blacksmith) whatever is mechanical. Anyway, he gets himself a pretty girl and proceeds to ignore her while studying. She tries to watch boxing but it's lonely, so eventually she joins him. He finishes his studies quickly, and when I tell him to do more, he picks up a romance book instead. (Usually he likes Mystery) "Nope you don't, study first my pretty ordinary one."

Then a new thing happened. He wanted a green form of energy. Never seen that in all these years playing. But it makes perfect sense that Cornelius would want such a thing. I brought him a solar panel as a treat. Yes, even after 14 years, I still love this game.
Field Researcher
#2945 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 12:22 PM
My breeding project has morphed. No surprise really since I get <oh shiny!> distracted easily. It has gone from re-breeding the PV sims (yet again!) to also adding in some of those Sims 1 families (I never played Sims 1), like the Hatfield, Jones, Charming and others. This time I will let the Goths have Frida and the Crumplebottoms have Agnes. I'll add in Erik Darling to marry Agnes. I tracked down basic genetic info on them all so I can recreate the ones I need to, in CAS.
Since EAxis did a poor job with timelines between game versions, I'm just going to add them (Sims 1 households) in where I want them. I enjoy fast breeding. I just toss them in a house with some photobooths and let them (an ACR) breed up the required kids, age them up quick and pair those off and repeat. Some are allowed to keep that unexpected kid by some unexpected sim, makes the trees interesting.

Eventually I may just breed the perfect hood! (impossible since what I want changes but I'm having fun so it doesn't matter!)
Scholar
#2946 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 5:59 PM
i have FINALLY moved every sim from the beginning hoods,i'm dreading the first rotation.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#2947 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 8:29 PM
God too much Chikitaka Nuba Nuba Nuba, chikitaka Nuba Nuba smurf

All these toddlers because everyone wants a freaking baby!

I build small houses *^*
Helptato
#2948 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 9:20 PM
Playing Widespot again and next on the rotation for me was the Land family, Decided to send Mary out on a date with Junior Mann to the swimming pool, Whilst she was there she popped the big question! Of course it was a yes, and they celebrated with some good old public hot tub woohoo.

Then soon after on the Saturday, it was time for the wedding! I invited all the Manns round and Mary's best friend Penny. They had a lovely wedding party including a lot of smustling and it ended as a roof raiser!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Theorist
#2949 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 1:10 AM
So I took quite a liking to my version of Bob and Betty Newbie in my Beginning Neighbourhood. They are both Family Sims, so even after Brandi was born, they kept wishing for more children. And of course their second child turned out to be twin boys hahahaha. So I decided "whatever" and had Betty get pregnant again after the twins (Billy-Ray and Walker, I looked up the names on a "Redneck" name database) became toddlers. So they'll now have at least 4 offspring. It's fun.
The trailer they were living in was woefully too small for the family, so the city council provided a larger, if still very poor, house for them.

My idea on why Brandi will go on to have three boys of her own in this timeline is that she, as the oldest will basically be the leader of her army of little siblings and will take on responsibility early on. So once she's married she will want many children again.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#2950 Old 2nd Mar 2018 at 4:52 AM
I posted about setting up an asylum challenge in the Random Thoughts thread. Oops. I'll quote myself then:
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I've finished recreating my original asylum residents in preparation for another go at the asylum challenge, but now I don't know where to put them. It'd feel somewhat empty if they were the only playables in an entire neighborhood, yet they don't fit in any of my existing hoods. Do I have to make an entirely new hood for them? I don't want to place them in the apocalypse like I did before (at least for now) and I don't particularly want to build another hood.

Should I enable ACR for them? If so, should I make the settings fit their characters or go along with ACR's calculations? Will I edit a pre-existing lot or make another asylum from scratch? Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, I thought about grammapat's suggestions. I'd like to enable ACR and fiddle with the settings according to their specific characters, yet all save for two of them (one who likes males and another who likes females) randomized as asexual in their original incarnations, so there wouldn't be a point unless I randomized their preferences again.

grammapat also suggested a pre-populated hood. I guess this means plopping them down into a premade one, or maybe I'm misunderstanding and she meant that I should grab some townies - either way, I'd rather the asylum residents not be the only sims around. If I put them into a premade hood, I don't think I'll be playing the other playables though. I usually keep hoods long-term and since there's a chance that more than one resident will survive, I want to ensure that I'll find the hood playable afterwards.

Urgh, when you want to play but you must set up before starting and you can't decide...
Page 118 of 349