Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2011 at 2:46 AM
Savegame strangeness
I failed in a Kingdom Ambition and decided to start a new game. I saved with SaveAs as soon as I made my monarch. I had to leave and quit the game just then, but when I went back I clicked on the appropriate Ambition icon and the save game didn't show up. It also didn't show up under any active Ambition icon.

I checked in my documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/saves folder and there was a folder for the new kingdom, and both the .tsm and .tsm.backup files were there both for the new kingdom and all the previous ones.

Going back into the game the old file did not show up, nor did the most recent saves--at least 4 or 5 of the latest saves--of the previous kingdom. Nor any of my other Kingdoms before that show up at all.

So, exiting the game I moved all but 2 or 3 of the most recent folders of the previous kingdom to a storage folder on my desktop. At that point all the latest files, and the save for the missing new Kingdom showed up in the game, and the latest save on my old kingdom loaded with no problem.

So, my questions are--does this happen to anyone else? Does the game have a limit on how many save games it can display? If so why does it fail to show the most recent saves and not the oldest, which would make more sense?

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st May 2011 at 9:52 PM
My first question would be, did you realy failed the ambition because what I sometimes have is that ingame I reached all goals but the game doesn't proceed as if I did.

then when I go to main menu it says I havent reached my goal yet while ingame I DID and it shows that I did, strainge thing is that after I play a quest involving taking over another kingdom it does proceed and tells me I reached my goal, while it should have nothing to do with the ambition i play.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2011 at 10:49 PM
No, a pop-up came up and said I'd failed the Ambition, which was the Imperial one. I'm not really worried about that part. That just explains why I went to start a new game.

What bothers me is that the newer games go missing unless you regularly clear out your old saves.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd May 2011 at 12:27 AM
I have found that the game doesn't like you to have a large number of saves. I usually do a "save as" with a different name for various quests so if something goes wrong I have a lot of earlier saves I can go back to. However, after about two kingdoms worth of saves this way the saves stop showing up on the in game menu. If I go back and delete all the really old saves I no longer need the new ones start to show up again.