Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 3:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Need Help with Double Deluxe
OK, I'm back, have Sims2 Ultimate Collection working fine on D drive with Windows 10 and Chris's stuff added, works great..... have the disc version on another desktop, Win 7 with all expansion and stuff packs, also working great with no problems, also have disc version on a laptop with no problems.....however, trying to use Double Deluxe on another Desk Top, Win 7, and it works fine but wanted to add some expansion packs and can't do it. Does anyone know if you can add expansion packs to Double Deluxe (and I don't mean Dbl Deluxe that is in UC). I added Seasons but when I start up with Seasons disk in drive, it comes up but no hoods.... have about 6 hoods in my documents file. I can go back and start up with Dbl Deluxe disc and get a message that I have uninstalled Seasons...if I ignore the message I can still play the game but without Seasons. How do I get the hoods to show up in Seasons. Looked everywhere in my Users folder and can't find any thing other than my Dbl Deluxe stuff. Any suggestions from anyone who has run Dbl Deluxe and added an expansion pack ?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 3:34 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 8th Jan 2019 at 3:47 PM.
I have Double Deluxe CD's and all expansion packs. Never had your problem. Where are you placing your hood files? Are they SC4 Terrains or Neighborhood files?

Neighborhood files should have a folder that should be place in here: Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Neighborhoods
SC4 Terrain files go in Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\SC4 Terrains along with .jpg images with it. (when you go into the game, you won't see it until you start a new neighborhood and pick it from the list of neighborhoods)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
OK, I'm back, have Sims2 Ultimate Collection working fine on D drive with Windows 10 and Chris's stuff added, works great..... have the disc version on another desktop, Win 7 with all expansion and stuff packs, also working great with no problems, also have disc version on a laptop with no problems.....however, trying to use Double Deluxe on another Desk Top, Win 7, and it works fine but wanted to add some expansion packs and can't do it. Does anyone know if you can add expansion packs to Double Deluxe (and I don't mean Dbl Deluxe that is in UC). I added Seasons but when I start up with Seasons disk in drive, it comes up but no hoods.... have about 6 hoods in my documents file. I can go back and start up with Dbl Deluxe disc and get a message that I have uninstalled Seasons...if I ignore the message I can still play the game but without Seasons. How do I get the hoods to show up in Seasons. Looked everywhere in my Users folder and can't find any thing other than my Dbl Deluxe stuff. Any suggestions from anyone who has run Dbl Deluxe and added an expansion pack ?

That sounds like a bad install of Seasons.

Uninstall Seasons then restart your computer then reinstall Seasons then patch it then start up your game.

You may want to remove the My Doc Sims 2 folder and place it on your desktop until the game is up and running as it should.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 12:20 AM
Default Double Deluxe Problem
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I have Double Deluxe CD's and all expansion packs. Never had your problem. Where are you placing your hood files? Are they SC4 Terrains or Neighborhood files?

Neighborhood files should have a folder that should be place in here: Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Neighborhoods
SC4 Terrain files go in Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\SC4 Terrains along with .jpg images with it. (when you go into the game, you won't see it until you start a new neighborhood and pick it from the list of neighborhoods)

Ok, now for more detail. First of all I didn't place my hoods anywhere, they were placed by the game when installed. Here is what I have. The disc is The Sims2 Double Deluxe and it includes the Sims 2, Nightlife and Celebration Stuff. Under Program Files (x86) I have EA Games\The Sims2 Double Deluxe --- Under Double Deluxe I have, Base , EADM, EP2, EP99, SP4, and Support. Base is Sims 2, but if I try to run that I get an error message, running wrong version, run Double Deluxe instead. EP99 is apparently the Store Version. SP4 is Celebration Stuff. Running it with Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TS Bin\Sims2Launcher.exe

Under C:\Users\All Users\My Documents\EA Games\ there is The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Store Edition, The Sims 2 Double Deluxe using the last one Double Deluxe. The Sims 2 has a Neighborhood file with 3 hoods showing. Double Deluxe has an Neighborhood file with 4 hoods showing and is the one Im using... however just encountered another problem... In SimPE I changed the DNA of two Sims and it did save but the skin didn't change.

Any suggestions ???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
Ok, now for more detail. First of all I didn't place my hoods anywhere, they were placed by the game when installed. Here is what I have. The disc is The Sims2 Double Deluxe and it includes the Sims 2, Nightlife and Celebration Stuff. Under Program Files (x86) I have EA Games\The Sims2 Double Deluxe --- Under Double Deluxe I have, Base , EADM, EP2, EP99, SP4, and Support. Base is Sims 2, but if I try to run that I get an error message, running wrong version, run Double Deluxe instead. EP99 is apparently the Store Version. SP4 is Celebration Stuff. Running it with Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TS Bin\Sims2Launcher.exe

Under C:\Users\All Users\My Documents\EA Games\ there is The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Store Edition, The Sims 2 Double Deluxe using the last one Double Deluxe. The Sims 2 has a Neighborhood file with 3 hoods showing. Double Deluxe has an Neighborhood file with 4 hoods showing and is the one Im using... however just encountered another problem... In SimPE I changed the DNA of two Sims and it did save but the skin didn't change.

Any suggestions ???

Let me clarify that, using Target: Prog Files x86\EA Games\The Sims2 Dbl Deluxe\Base\TS Bin\Sims2Launcher.exe If I replace Launcher with Sims2.exe I get an error message using wrong version.
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 2:21 AM
I have Double Deluxe with everything except Bon Voyage. When you first install it, it can be funny about which disk it wants. I currently have Fun with Pets in the drive, but a previous installation of exactly the same disks insisted on Apartment Life. I've put one disk in, had it tell me it wants something else, put the other one in, and then have it want the first one after all! Sometimes you just have to wait for it to make its mind up, but it shouldn't have said you'd uninstalled Seasons - that wasn't normal.

In your Documents files, having 3 neighbourhoods under Sims 2 and more under Double Deluxe is normal - I have 3 and 6, because I have more expansions installed - so that's okay.

I didn't put the game in Program Files (x86). Somebody recommended creating a new file and putting it in there, so that antivirus programs wouldn't treat the game as essential to the computer and refuse to allow changes. So under Windows C:\ I have a file called Games, as well as Program Files and Program Files (x86).

I don't have EP99 under Double Deluxe.

Under WindowsC:\Games\EA Games\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TSBin, I have four files: GDF.dll, ijl.dll, Sims2 and Sims2 Launcher. I don't make a choice between Sims2 and Launcher; it just uses the one it prefers.

I had a problem with the Launcher a long time ago, and I found being offline helped - I think it was looking for something it couldn't find and then throwing a wobbly. It hasn't happened in my more recent installations, though. If you're still having trouble getting the game to launch, I would suggest making sure the computer is offline to see if that works. Maybe removing EP99 would help (maybe that's the thing that's looking for something it can't find) - but if you have anything to back up, make sure it's backed up, because I'm purely guessing here!

As for SimPE, I've never managed to get that to run (I haven't tried recently, though, so it may have been McAfee blocking it), so I can't even offer a confused wild guess about that.