Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 7:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default CC Not Showing Up
Hi everyone,

I don't always have this issue when I download custom content. However, I've noticed that whenever I download a .rar file for a lot or mod (e.g. a pose or animation box), it never actually shows up in the game.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

-Emily
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 7:19 PM
Open up the rar file and put the package files in your Downloads folder. If the file is a Sims2Pack you need to install it with the Clean Installer. Also make sure you don't put the files too deep in a subfolder in your Downloads folder. Look in General/Misc or Hobby/Misc to find the posebox (because they tend to end up in either one of them).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 7:30 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Open up the rar file and put the package files in your Downloads folder. If the file is a Sims2Pack you need to install it with the Clean Installer. Also make sure you don't put the files too deep in a subfolder in your Downloads folder. Look in General/Misc or Hobby/Misc to find the posebox (because they tend to end up in either one of them).

Ah, I didn't think of that. Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This might help also:
Game Help:Downloading and Installing Custom Contentwiki

Thanks for your help