Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 6:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Store content getting replaced on shared lots
A few days ago I tried to share some lots with my friend. The store items get replaced by basegame ones, or on the odd chance that a store item does show up, it is in default color and not casted. She and I have basically the same store content, so everything I have should show up for her. This only happens with sims3packs. If I share a lot via .package, it works perfectly fine. Do I have an issue with my launcher or s3 packs? I regularly delete my dcbackup folder, so maybe that's why?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 4:06 AM
Now I think it's a problem with using the exchange. I also converted my store stuff to packages, so maybe that has to do with it.. bah! I also prefer packages but some people still use s3packs.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 12:00 PM
PEBKAC

TS3's built in share system was designed to work with the base game, EP's, SP's and stuff installed with the launcher, it does not like manually installed package files, and usually breaks the copy it's trying to share, it also has a habit of attaching CC as "hidden CC", stuff that you didn't even use on the item you are trying to share

In a nut shell if you want to use the share system then you can't have manually installed package files, ie no Mods folder, no manually added files in the Library folder. You even need to make sure that the sims in the SavedSims folder are less than 500KB, any larger than that will have broken CC already attached, which can also be "spread around" as hidden CC.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:46 PM
Wow it's even worse than I thought lol.

It's unfortunate that mts is the only site I know that encourages sharing lots with packages. Literally all other sites use sims3pack... And even if I convert the sims3pack to package, the problem still persists.