Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 8:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Two parents, two teens and two twin toddlers. Leave the babies alone!!!
So I guess I like chaos. I created a family with two parents, two teens and two kids. They all were functioning well and meeting their goals. The parents have the family aspiration and so I wanted to give them two more kids. When she got pregnant, I found the option to force twins. I thought, "Even better! What can go wrong?"

First, the adults and teens will not let the toddlers be. One picks it up and puts it in a crib. Then the next one goes to the crib, picks it up and puts it in the other crib. Then another picks it up again and puts it on the floor. Meanwhile, they don't care for the toddlers needs. I spent a lot of time trying to circumnavigate this behavior, but they just keep cancelling the actions I assign and go back to moving the toddlers around the house. Meanwhile I can't get the older sims to eat, bathe, pee, etc. Everything in the house has broken. I've call the repairman several times, but he never shows up! Last night, the first death...the teen girl died of starvation. I should have named them the Donner's.

I thought about giving the toddlers up for adoption, but could not find a way to do it. And where the heck is the social worker?!? Shouldn't they have taken the kids already?

What happens to the lot if they all die and I move a new family in? Do I get a poltergeist?

BTW, I've done some pretty nice houses. I have a friend who wanted copies of all of them. Is there a place to share images?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 9:26 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Jan 2019 at 9:47 PM.
No Baby Harassment, maybe?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2384.0

or
no Baby/toddler swarming?
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0

I think there are also a couple other versions of this mod from other creators.

For toddlers I learned the hard way to keep the nursery at the same level as the kitchen and the bathroom with the tub (and no tubs in other bathrooms). That way they don't move the toddlers and babies around too much, and the toddlers are able to go back to their room.

Bottomless bottles and a mod that empties the potty also help. A toddler bed or blanket that the toddlers can get in and out of on their own also go a long way.

As for the broken items, make sure you don't have any mods that conflict with the NPCs. The repair man and the social worker not arriving could signal a mod conflict.

The social worker arrives if the baby/toddler/child reaches low social, hunger, possibly comfort levels, if all the adults/teens on the lot die, or if one of the children gets an F.

There are various mods that lets you put toddlers and babies up for adoption - here's one:
Teleporter cat + painting: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

Various childcare mods you might find interesting:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Childcare.htm

You can use any variant of archive program (winzip/winrar/7zip/ALzip/etc...) to put the pictures in an archive and send them to your friend (you can for instance upload the zip file to a mail and send it to them, or upload the file to Simfileshare, Mediafire, Box.net, Dropbox, or similar). You can also upload them to a picture host and send them the links (tinypic.com, postimage.org, imgur.com, etc...)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:02 PM
First are you playing on speed 1? Are you using the pause key? Make sure to do that. Speed 2 is when everyone is happy. No speed 3.

First feed any sim whose hunger is low, let sleep any sim whose energy is red. If not place them on things they can not leave. Painting, skilling from a book, novel writing, make many x, sleeping. Sims won't leave these activities unless their needs push them too. If one adult/teen sim isn't hungry or passing out, let that sim deal with the toddlers. If everyone's needs are really bad and you are desperate, I suggest you use 'max motives' just to get every one right. Then you can learn how to handle this, because you can, it's not that hard once you know what to do.

Take one or two sims off what they are doing to deal with one toddler each. The other two stay put.

Hungry toddlers: have the adult or teen go to the fridge and get them a bottle. Then have them go back and grab 4 more, one after another. Grab and cancel each bottle. Each time you cancel the sim will complain but then lay the bottle on the floor. Each time they drop it on the floor pick it up and place it in someone's inventory. Probably the toddlers. Make sure each toddler has 2 spare bottles.
Or instead, go and download a never-ending bottle. Either one by simer22 (recommended) or another. These bottles never go bad or run out, just leave them on the floor for the toddlers to drink from. make sure that the fridge is right near where the toddlers are. Do not trapse them up and down stairs to do things for the toddlers. So all one level.

Tired toddlers: Go and download a toddler bed or mat. I recommend these http://modthesims.info/d/464847/2-i...ddler-beds.html So toddlers can put themselves to bed and get up themselves. Do not wait for toddlers energy to be in the red, at 1/2 to 3/4 tell them to go to bed. At 1/2 to 3/4 hunger make sure they are feed. The trick with toddlers is tending to them sooner. Once a toddler reaches red in 2 areas it messes up the adult and teen sims as they don't know what to do. The game will force them to put them to bed or feed or bath them but not necessarily the correct one. cribs just make work for yourself.

Keep to speed one, check all needs in rotation often. Do not wait for them to be low, act at 1/2 to 3/4 way. No matter if that's food or bathing, energy, social (bathing a toddler does hygiene and social) One adult/teen sims dealing with one toddler at a time, the other two keep on something. They can all take turns, but you decide who is dealing with the toddlers, not them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:21 PM
I really like this set of mods, for making my babies and toddlers work better, way better. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...587#post5358587
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:35 PM
Thanks, I'll try these.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 10:42 PM
Mods are only half the story, even with a slew of baby mods you won't find things going smoothly until you know how to juggle and keep on top of needs.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 11:40 PM
It sounds like you might need this mod: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Childcare.htm (3rd one, called "ijAlreadyInCribFix").

Quote:
This is for the problem of parents and nannies getting babies and toddlers out of one crib only to place them in another. The test "is baby already in a crib" was failing when met with custom or new EAxis cribs.

It does not seem to work with every custom crib, though. At least in my game. ^^"

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 8:57 PM
Yep, I got that one. I also downloaded the boarding school hack, so I can send the older kids away for the week.