Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#9801 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 1:56 AM
A pop-up message that the fridge is empty after you take out the last possible meal, instead of when your sim goes to take the next one and finds it empty.

Who doesn't notice that they're taking the last one and there's nothing left? (Besides my ex-boyfriend *cough*) I'd rather have the notice that it's empty now so I have time to get more food, instead of later when my sim is starving and I discover there's nothing in the fridge. Yes, I just buy another fridge or cheat the fridge full, but still. I'd rather have the notice than cheat.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9802 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 1:57 AM
Look up Twojeff's Low Food Warning

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9803 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
And if a Sim doesn't interact with their enemy, then eventually they're no longer enemies. Which I guess makes sense in a way, but I just find it tiresome to have to maintain antagonistic relationships. It think that if Sims are enemies they should stay that way permanently, unless one or the other works to repair the relationship.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

enemiesaccumulate.package

Enemy status does not disappear over time if you ignore the relationship. Keeps negative relationships negative, instead of their natural progression towards buddies if your sim doesn't force the issue.
Alchemist
#9804 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Yeah, you're probably right. I've had a no social worker mod forever plus RealSickness, so I have lots of kid (and older) death when they get sick.

Yeah, I'm solely talking about vanilla behavior. I see why Maxis disabled the ghost children animation. I reenabled it yesterday, and it's so broken that it's better off not running at all.
Lab Assistant
#9805 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:33 PM
I made a family to test it, one adult and 7 children, and all the ghosts just looked so awful. I think it's cool that they can still scare people, which I didn't know until now (thanks, iCad!) but without proper animations, ghost children just aren't feasible

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Mad Poster
#9806 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 5:05 PM
It'd be nice if someone updated this mod for all EPs. It throws an error for me.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9807 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It'd be nice if someone updated this mod for all EPs. It throws an error for me.

I've been using the Seasons version of that mod in my game for years now and I've never had any problems with it. Maybe it's conflicting with something in your game? What kind of errors are you getting from it?

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

enemiesaccumulate.package

Enemy status does not disappear over time if you ignore the relationship. Keeps negative relationships negative, instead of their natural progression towards buddies if your sim doesn't force the issue.

I used enemiesaccumulate for years, but switched several months ago to Inge's "More Realistic Relationship Decay."
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Relating.htm

So there's two different ways of handling this for you to choose from.
Alchemist
#9808 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:49 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 8th Mar 2019 at 12:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Kids can't die from disease. When they get sick enough to die, the social worker will come and take them away.
when I had just the base game, they could.
tested each of the base game deaths at that time.
did not have any mods/hacks then.
have not checked after getting the expansions.

edit:: Social Worker would come if Hunger/Social of Child/younger reaches "rock bottom".
Undead Molten Llama
#9809 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:53 PM
@Charity

Y'know, I had "enemies accumulate" once upon a time, but I removed it and can't remember why. Probably it was clashing with something else. So, thank you for reminding me that it exists! Maybe I'll try it again, see if it's still clashing since my mod cocktail has changed since then.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I used enemiesaccumulate for years, but switched several months ago to Inge's "More Realistic Relationship Decay."
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Relating.htm

So there's two different ways of handling this for you to choose from.

And I think I used to have that one, too, and also deleted it, probably because of conflict. I'll have to look into both of them again.

Thanks to you both!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9810 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
when I had just the base game, they could.
tested each of the base game deaths at that time.
did not have any mods/hacks then.
have not checked after getting the expansions.

edit:: Social Worker would come if Hunger/Social of Child/younger reaches "rock bottom".

My kids could always die of disease even before I sent the social worker the way of hobby intruders and Mrs. Crumplebottom.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#9811 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

Like RoxEllen, I've been using this mod without any problems whatsoever. I've got a full game. Perhaps it's another mod that's causing the error?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9812 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Thanks. Kids can die in fires and pools, but not in other ways. Grammapat, toddlers can't die.

ETA - Thanks to you too, iCad. I started writing this before you posted.

-And yet...I recently had a girl child die, and don't know why. I posted a pic of her at the Beaker house, where she was "stuck" on a tiny hill . She was not in any aspiration failure, but had been throwing up and sleeping a lot, so I'm thinking she died of disease. She grabbed her throat and died.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#9813 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 2:13 AM
Convert the wonderful Sunni plants into regular maxis plants (so the features of harvest many, etc. can work). And be able to use them in the juicer.
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=7786
Alchemist
#9814 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
My kids could always die of disease even before I sent the social worker the way of hobby intruders and Mrs. Crumplebottom.

Hmm, maybe I accidentally ended up with some kind of kid protection mod then.
Mad Poster
#9815 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 5:34 AM
I never had a kid die...I am SO missing on the fun!...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#9816 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 6:09 PM
I'd like a high-chair recolour that was literally just a floating stack of books that you can place over chairs. Oh, and one that's the same, but looks like a car seat as well!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Top Secret Researcher
#9817 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:05 AM
Y'know what would be cool? A functioning Ouija board.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#9818 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 4:45 AM
A toddler interaction "Ask to take to potty" so the teen+ sim being asked will take the toddler to a potty chair. It would be especially useful if the toddler isn't potty trained yet, and if it can be made autonomous if the toddler's bladder motive is low enough.
Instructor
#9819 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 7:15 PM
I'd like to see a mod where they actually pull up and down their pants to go to the washroom lol.
Inventor
#9820 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 7:40 PM
A mod that's similar to Sophie David's lecterns, that can be placed on community lots and used to automatically summon assigned sims on lot load. It'd be fun to build offices and such that correspond to careers, and have sims in those careers show up. Like lawyers and politicians at a courthouse, or newspaper workers at a newspaper office. I know that can be sort of done when playing a sim, if they own the lot and use the meeting controller. But I'm thinking more of being able to visit with a sim that doesn't "work" there and still being able to see the place looking busy. A fun extra level of detail would be if the mod could simulate the days/hours the "worker" should be there, summoning to and sending them off at the proper times. (To be clear, I'm not thinking of sim owned businesses, which can be used to a similar effect, but something that links up with the actual careers a sim can get from the newspaper or computer.)
Mad Poster
#9821 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Y'know what would be cool? A functioning Ouija board.

It could summon a ghost if used too often.
Mad Poster
#9822 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 10:26 PM

Or even cause skin and face disfigurement, voice changes, unusual neck movement, levitation, telekinesis, out-of-character usage of profanity, and projectile vomiting.
Theorist
#9823 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 11:53 PM

When used to often? It;s Sims, why not have that as the standard fucntion?

Truth be told sometimes I wish there'd be some small chances for real strange stuff to happen, like apparently in Sims 1 there was a chance that the Grim Reaper would show up at night and play ding-dong-ditch (he'd ring the bell and run away)

I like stuff like that so I'd find it fun if there were a couple of such "spooky' supernatural events, that don't really do anything, except giving the Sims, and the player, a bit of a fright. Like... a very small chance for Shadow People (the apparition) to appear at night in front of windows and watch your Sims inside their houses. Or some sort of little alien men (distinct from the Pollination Technicians) just walking down the street at night, or a very small chance for a mirror to show a "scary" reflection between 0:00 and 6:00 AM. Or maybe monsters under the bed

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#9824 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 12:32 AM
Shadow people sounds cool, as well as scary reflections. Maybe even some underpants gnomes XD
Alchemist
#9825 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 2:07 AM
Scary reflections, like the computer screen prank from Sims3. And definitely summoning ghosts when used after dark. Also, breaking stuff in the house.
Page 393 of 576