Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#9826 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 3:00 AM
Yeah no yeah but you know what would be cool? If (though I somehow think this would break the game) the board could actually be used to talk to ghosts on the lot. Like really, properly talk to them.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9827 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 8:19 AM
Didn't Chris Hatch already make a ghost hack that did that?
Scholar
#9828 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 1:23 PM
Urn/Tombstone mod + Memorial Portrait, Apartment Life or higher required
Tombstones.zip (90kb) Instruction included
Test Subject
#9829 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 11:26 PM
I would love a higher-stakes card table. So gambling could be more of a risk for some of my sims.
Alchemist
#9830 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2much
I would love a higher-stakes card table. So gambling could be more of a risk for some of my sims.

There is one! Does anyone have a link? Maybe it's part of the high rollers set?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9831 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2much

Like to see them go home broke, or naked, and explain to an angry spouse.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#9832 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 12:06 AM
Found it phantomknight, thanks so much. If you have a name, it's so much easier to find. And it's right here, at MTS.
Scholar
#9833 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 3:06 AM
I bet I'm the only one who wants a hack/hider to hide these in CAS forever and ever: "earhat" , "towelturban" , "hatclown" , "hatmagician" , "hatseacaptain" , "propeller" , "hatfargo" , "hatsleepingmask" , "hatviking" & the toddler bear head hat thing. My CAS will be much better without those in it, for sure!
Alchemist
#9834 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I bet I'm the only one who wants a hack/hider to hide these in CAS forever and ever: "earhat" , "towelturban" , "hatclown" , "hatmagician" , "hatseacaptain" , "propeller" , "hatfargo" , "hatsleepingmask" , "hatviking" & the toddler bear head hat thing. My CAS will be much better without those in it, for sure!

I put defaults in for these. Might as well use that space for something useful. http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/257986.html
Scholar
#9835 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:01 PM
Yeah, once I found out about default replacements I never looked back. There are still some 'uglies' that never seem to get viable replacements, but if I'm too lazy to learn how to do it myself, I can't complain.
Scholar
#9836 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 18th Mar 2019 at 8:59 PM.
But if I default those, I'd have to default the rest of the hairtstyles in the game because they'd look out of place. I have a huge problem with that in general because I have to find matching eyebrows that look good on all skintones and blah-blah. So for that reason, I'd rather hide them instead and just because they're useless to me personally. :P

Hopefully I'm not complaining... I don't know how to make hiders (I don't follow tutorials very well) which is why I posted in here. :D

On topic: I'd love a hack or fix or something for the FreeTime Activity Table. The sim trying to interact with a toddler using this object will have the action drop out of queue because the toddler won't stop using the Activity Table. It's fairly annoying, especially if the toddler needs potty training or something. More so when you have more than one of these mini-beasts.
Mad Poster
#9837 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 8:59 PM

@Fyren5 Try the bottom end of this post: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/42769.html Some hiders are by Hat, others are linked to.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#9838 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
@Fyren5 Try the bottom end of this post: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/42769.html Some hiders are by Hat, others are linked to.

Thanks Sunbee, but unfortunately those are hiding everything in the game except custom hair/clothes which I don't use.. I have hiders for some stuff except the ones I listed, I can't find any anywhere. I can keep dreaming though! :p
Top Secret Researcher
#9839 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 3:07 AM
Has there ever been a massage chair? That would be interesting. One that increases comfort, obviously.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#9840 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:18 AM
Thanks Sunbee, but unfortunately those are hiding everything in the game except custom hair/clothes which I don't use.. I have hiders for some stuff except the ones I listed, I can't find any anywhere. I can keep dreaming though! :p

From the top of that post:
"How masterful a master post? Using my hiders and the hiders by other folks that I shall link to, you can hide everything except:

Fireplaces
Modular Stairs
Foundations
Awnings
Greenhouse roofs
Linking Logs Trellis Archway Fence
Chiclettina Fjord Counter
One AM swimsuit
One AM tuxedo
One EM tuxedo"

So I think most of your disliked things should be covered somewhere.

Edit: For example, the towel turban hair I think would be in Marja's set that Almighty Hat linked to: https://le-plat-du-jour.livejournal.com/42403.html

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9841 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 10:53 AM

There are hiders for some of that stuff right here on MTS.
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...pe=1&&tag=hider

Jordi did some of it...
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...38&gs=1&u=67940

How about this one? It's old (2006), but I don't see any complaints in the comments section.
"Hide weird TS2 clothing, hair & hats"
Quote: Originally posted by Jordi
Hidden by hideoutfitsXP0.package are:
-the propellor hat (all ages and genders)
-the viking helmets (adult males)
-pirate outfits (children of both sexes, adult males)
-"racer" outfits (adults of both sexes)
-the hula bikinis (adult and elder females)

Jordi added additional hider files later, but that's the main one.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=145865
Scholar
#9842 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:14 PM
Thanks RoxEllen1965, however some of them hide things that I don't want hidden, that's the problem. I did have the Happy Holiday hider from Jordi but it didn't work for me. As for the last one you linked me to, I like the Pirate outfit. Oberon Gossamer & Alexandra Teatherton wear it. I don't know how I'd "unhide" it, though. I did pick up the toddler bear outfit/hat hider though.

Sunbee, I downloaded that K&B hider but it's hiding one of the hairs I actually like called "afhairbandana"....
Mad Poster
#9843 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:47 PM
... I don't know how I'd "unhide" it, though. I did pick up the toddler bear outfit/hat hider though.

Sunbee, I downloaded that K&B hider but it's hiding one of the hairs I actually like called "afhairbandana"....

To unhide, you would simply open the package in SimPE, and delete the property sets of each of the things you want to keep/unhide.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#9844 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:57 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 23rd Mar 2019 at 5:11 PM. Reason: this is not a request thread
Not sure, if this has been requestedsuggested before, but this thread is way too long (12 years and 402 pages!) to actually read it all. I only found out about this thread on my Tumblr a few days ago.
What I would love to have is a

Last Will / Inheritance hack/mod

All my sims kids, when they come back to the neighborhood after university, get their own place. For years now, I would check in SimPe, when the elders are supposed to die, then the day before the 2nd spouse should die, I transfer equal shares of the household funds to the couple's children (Monique's computer). On the day of death, I transfer the remaining money. After the death of the last inhabitant of that house, I check value of the property and manually increase the household funds of each child by their share in it (it's like selling the house by the children).
Now it would be nice, if upon death, there would be a pop-up window (similar to the one showing, when a sim has his/her birthday) and you could chose, who should inherit (which then could be children, lovers, illegitimate children etc). For inheritance sum, would be the worth shown in neighborhood view (property owner = house + household funds, living in an apartment = household funds), which would be divided by the number of sims inheriting.
I searched all over the internet for something like this, but could not find anything. What I've found and installed only a short while ago is this hack http://modthesims.info/d/288785/no-...ed-to-v1-2.html, as I hated all those befriended townies getting money for free.
Mad Poster
#9845 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 4:52 PM
Sim that take a spin with a vehicle should go with the passengers without evicting them. Also, random events occuring behind the screen with Sims in the car trip (a Sim has bought/attain random item, stumbled a stray ("Do you want to adopt it?" prompt), purchased groceries, brought a friend, got mugged/robbed, got fined, an accident occured - reassurance, etc.) and chance cards.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#9846 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 2:38 AM
I’d like a mod to slow down or prevent balloons from popping. Then I could decorate my party venues, without the environment score tanking when all the balloons burst just as the party gets going!
There used to be a mod by Carrigon, but I’ve been told it no longer works, even if I had it.
Top Secret Researcher
#9847 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:38 AM
Barring the idea of trying to configure clothing racks that sell specific styles of clothing for specific stores, which sounds like a nightmare to set up, it'd be cool to have clothing racks that sell different categories of clothes, so you could have like a formal wear shop, an athleticwear store, a lingerie boutique, and they'd all actually be different and worth going to separately. Or set up big department stores and have more of a point to the racks and racks of clothes.

=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#9848 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Barring the idea of trying to configure clothing racks that sell specific styles of clothing for specific stores, which sounds like a nightmare to set up, it'd be cool to have clothing racks that sell different categories of clothes, so you could have like a formal wear shop, an athleticwear store, a lingerie boutique, and they'd all actually be different and worth going to separately. Or set up big department stores and have more of a point to the racks and racks of clothes.

I know of a hacked clothing rack that only sells Male clothes and a hacked clothing rack that only sells Female clothes. Maybe that idea could be extended to just sell female formal wear for example? I do not know, maybe someone could comment as to whether that is possible?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9849 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:29 PM
A modified Vampire aging mod - one that lets vampires age maybe once every Tuesday, or maybe once every four seasons.
Mad Poster
#9850 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 7:41 PM Last edited by HarVee : 29th Mar 2019 at 6:56 PM.
One that removes the delete button from build/buy modes. I hate the position of it. I'm afraid I'll hit it by accident. And the only thing I find it useful for is removing floors and walls I don't want. I never delete objects because the game does it very sloppy.

Edit: Chris Hatch did it for us! Thank you Chris!

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...209#post5514209

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Page 394 of 582