Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#17151 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 3:02 AM
I had both for a time and didn't have any issues with either. Removed the no reagents as I wanted them to be of some use other than bookshelf ornaments.
Now with midgethetree's mod I can have it both ways.
Useful till max level then bookshelf deco.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17152 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 6:28 AM
I have the no reagents mod with Cyjon's no alignment change and I haven't noticed any problems.
Mad Poster
#17153 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
I had both for a time and didn't have any issues with either. Removed the no reagents as I wanted them to be of some use other than bookshelf ornaments.
Now with midgethetree's mod I can have it both ways.
Useful till max level then bookshelf deco.

I'm eager to try that midgethetree mod, but it will have to wait until I have some time to test it. HCDU says it conflicts with Pescado's firemod and Neder's "Playable Make Witch". It's probably nothing serious, but I want to make sure before I start playing my regular 'hoods with it.
Theorist
#17154 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 1:08 PM
I have both "No Stupid Reagents" and the "No alignment change" mods in my game and everything works perfectly, as far as I can tell. Infallibly Good and Atrociously Evil Witches/Warlocks glow and the only time they lose that glow is if they appear as Ghosts after their death and I switch floors (as going from first floor to second floor) while they are out haunting.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#17155 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 1:31 PM
How long it takes for the Kitty Kat Kraze to ware off?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#17156 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 3:41 PM
I recently put in Cyjon's No Neutral Spell Alignment Shift mod & kept my No Stupid Reagents Mod by Treeag. Kimberly is glowing again when I visited a Community Lot on a different household, haha. I'm not worried about it though, I just thought I'd ask what level they got the glow etc. :P
Lab Assistant
#17157 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Radium : 29th Jan 2019 at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I'm eager to try that midgethetree mod, but it will have to wait until I have some time to test it. HCDU says it conflicts with Pescado's firemod and Neder's "Playable Make Witch". It's probably nothing serious, but I want to make sure before I start playing my regular 'hoods with it.
I checked out the conflicts and it looks like if my mod is allowed to load after those, playable sims who are asked to turn other sims into witches will fail to do so if they lack the right reagents and witches won't be able to cast the fire-prevention spell on unowned community lots. It'd be easy enough to incorporate both changes into my mod, so expect an update soon

ETA: Updated !

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Lab Assistant
#17158 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 7:28 PM
I'm curious as to how people tackle service NPCs in their hoods. Personally I've realised it to be quite weird for different generations to interact with the same maids, mail carriers etc so I'm just wondering if you keep them forever, turn them playable (through marriage or cheats), kill them off after a while, or whatever else, can't think of any other methods right now. My paperboy has struck up relationships with several of my sims so I'm thinking of taking him to uni and letting the game generate a new one soon, haven't progressed far enough to decide what to do with the rest of the service NPCs yet but eventually I'll have to do something about the maid, mail carrier and butler too, for sure.
Mad Poster
#17159 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 7:49 PM
Yea, I can't stand that either. Even worse is the teen cashiers at community lots having affairs with 3 generations. Just wrong. I often have a family make friends (with different cheat objects) with kids and teens just to adopt them. That adult townie that has been harassing everyone (or breaking up marriages, or just being everyone's first sex..) will come to a bad end. I may even torture them by having lots of babies till they drop dead and the babies are then adoptable.
=================
AND my own question:
I have an adult woman that works at a business owned by a playable. It's odd enough that when I play HER she has regular work hours (which she does NOT). Now she's pregnant - will she show up to work pregnant?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#17160 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:33 PM
NPCs are just regular townies to me. If my sims don't pay attention to them, neither do I. If they become part of the story, they go to college with the sim they're most related to, or grow up when that sim grows up.

Yes, grammapat, she will come to work pregnant. If you don't want her to, just don't call her in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17161 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
I'm curious as to how people tackle service NPCs in their hoods. Personally I've realised it to be quite weird for different generations to interact with the same maids, mail carriers etc so I'm just wondering if you keep them forever, turn them playable (through marriage or cheats), kill them off after a while, or whatever else,

I like this mod:
http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...cs-as-apartment
As it allows me to have NPCs as apartment townies and room mates. I play a lot of apartments, so the NPCs become a big part of my neighbourhood through this mod. I recently had the chef that works on the restaurant stove as a room mate, and along with a mod that allows NPCs to age, he eventually died of old age and got resurrected by the fireman, who is also a room mate. (He also had an affair with a Mrs Crumplebottom clone, so you can see NPCs have active lives in my hood! )
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...535#post5491535

The only NPC I didn't have much luck with was a butler, who moved in as an apartment townie, but he never seemed to come out of his room into the social areas. He still performed his butler duties as usual, but was no fun as a neighbour!
Lab Assistant
#17162 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
NPCs are just regular townies to me. If my sims don't pay attention to them, neither do I. If they become part of the story, they go to college with the sim they're most related to, or grow up when that sim grows up.

I think that's how I'm probably going to tackle this as well and how I have for the most part until now anyway, but I do think I'm going to be a bit more aggressive about it in my current hood; I don't know how I've come to this realisation only now, 10+ years into the game.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I like this mod:
http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...cs-as-apartment

Ahh, that's a great one. I have a mod in my game that picks townies as apartment neighbours already, but service NPCs etc will be so much cooler. Thanks a lot for this link!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17163 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:55 PM
I'm curious as to how people tackle service NPCs in their hoods. Personally I've realised it to be quite weird for different generations to interact with the same maids, mail carriers etc so I'm just wondering if you keep them forever, turn them playable (through marriage or cheats), kill them off after a while, or whatever else, can't think of any other methods right now. My paperboy has struck up relationships with several of my sims so I'm thinking of taking him to uni and letting the game generate a new one soon, haven't progressed far enough to decide what to do with the rest of the service NPCs yet but eventually I'll have to do something about the maid, mail carrier and butler too, for sure.

I aim to have the least number of service NPC's as possible. So no maid, I use a playable sim, no butler (I never use them anyway except in my medieval game), no gardener, no repeairman. If a playable can do the job, then they fill the spot. (Call over, make selectable, do the job, pay, say goodbye.) I never call for a nanny so the game never makes them. Those who can't be helped like the paper girl or bus driver I keep intending to use sim surgery to make them look like their player counterpart but it's something I never get around to trying. I also use AH NPC ageing mod. The teen ones I plan to send them all off to uni soon so the game will replace them with a fresh set.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#17164 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Those who can't be helped like the paper girl or bus driver I keep intending to use sim surgery to make them look like their player counterpart but it's something I never get around to trying.

I LOVE doing this! We get so used to seeing them but when they are gone, it looks so much more "real."

Lab Assistant
#17165 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:08 PM
But what do you do if the real sim shows up on the lot? Or when people build relationships with both versions? :P
Alchemist
#17166 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:51 PM
But what do you do if the real sim shows up on the lot? Or when people build relationships with both versions? :P

Good questions. Right now, I ban the real sim from that site with VC. And, so far, I'm only doing this with sims that stand behind counters and stuff so no one is going to interact much. What would you do?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17167 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:26 PM
All of my shops are player run apart from one pub and the bowling alley so the real sims are there. Is there a really good tutorial around on sim surgery? I guess Jessa has one somewhere. Part of it is I tend to load my game while I am homeschooling or cleaning then my game is on all day whether I am using it or not but then I can't use simpe. One sim would be the carpool driver, if he looked like my playable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#17168 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:46 PM
Is there a way to stop strays showing up on Community Lots when my Sims take their pets to a Community lot with them? I'd rather the playable pets (from other households) visit instead of strays.. Only because I feel bad for the strays all the time, don't ask why. I have Visitor Controller but want to know/check first before I ban strays on all the Community lots. :P
Alchemist
#17169 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:29 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 30th Jan 2019 at 1:01 AM.
All of my shops are player run apart from one pub and the bowling alley so the real sims are there. Is there a really good tutorial around on sim surgery?

There are some good tutorials that describe a slightly different and longer process, like http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,18184.0.html because they are cloning, modifying, etc. But what we are talking about is much easier.

This is for the ones that spawn on community lot. I haven't done it with ones that come to the house so not sure if it would work as well, there, but....
since I just did it a lot recently, here it is....

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17170 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 1:37 AM
Oh thank you, saving that to Word. :lovestruc

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17171 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:26 AM
But if you want a quick and less intensive method, use the Sim Cloner from Christianlov:
http://www.modthesims.info/d/284572...e-selector.html

It clones any pixel you have available, with the same skintone and features. Their first name will be different but the last will be the same.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17172 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:29 AM
I don't want another sim made of my playable, I just want the taxi driver to look like him, or is this what it does? I'm a bit confused, to me a clone would be a third sim.

Edit: Yeah, this is what it says
Quote:
4. This is creating a new sim, you are not doing surgery on existing sims.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#17173 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 10:28 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 30th Jan 2019 at 12:23 PM.
I don't want another sim made of my playable, I just want the taxi driver to look like him, or is this what it does? I'm a bit confused, to me a clone would be a third sim.

Edit: Yeah, this is what it says

Yes, you don't want a clone. Just swap the appearances in SimPE. It's super easy.

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
But if you want a quick and less intensive method

I didn't mean to make it look intensive. It's just this:
1) open SimPE and load the hood with the sims you want to change
2) open Simsurgery
3) find the NPC and make it the patient, click USE
4) find the playable and make it the Archetype, click USE
For this, don't click any of the other options, you're going to change everything...
5) Click surgery.

It's done.

All the other tidying would also have to be done after the cloner.

*Side note, Chritianlov's cloner is great but cloning NPCs and using them as is can be glitchy. If this is done, they should be rinsed through SimSurgery and BodyShop to make sure they are nothing but the appearance. This is how I made my Genie and Rod Humble playables. But the glitches can also be fun. I have a cloned Therapist and Charlatan that do funny NPC things in a test hood I have and I like them that way. Wouldn't put them in a good hood, though.
Mad Poster
#17174 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:10 PM
Anyone know what might be causing this error?

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/947619/
Alchemist
#17175 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 30th Jan 2019 at 1:02 PM.
Hey, don't we know how to change the music on CC instruments now? I just found this for the first time. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=135031

I don't know if @simnuts101 is still around and I haven't tried it yet, but it looks lovely, maybe we could give it something 18th century Italian? Is it possible now?
EDIT: I tried it out. It works fine. It could use some updated textures, but it works. I've done a couple of recolor/textures in my game for my use of older mods. It's kinda nice to give them a little TLC now that we have better graphics tools than the creators did. I feel a bit like a fine art restorer.

@Bulbizarre, your PM is full.
Page 687 of 1346