Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:33 PM
Default Receptionist brings single serving although my sim ordered group
My sim orders room service and I click on Group and order but the receptionist brings a single serving and when I click on single he brings a single serving again. What to do?
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:08 PM
If that's the case - I would select 'single' if I needed a group meal and 'group' if I needed a single meal.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:12 PM
No. I don't think you have understood. If I click on single I get single and if I click on group I get single again.
Link Ninja
#4 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:46 PM
And you are sure there is only one serving when you order a group meal? I am just wondering because it might look like a single plate because they don't 'serve a group meal' like when they are at home and put individual plates on the table - the room service puts one plate andon your hotel table and then your sim can select to take a plate.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:54 PM
Yes, I'm sure.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:14 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 11:18 PM
*bump* Okay, I've sent a vacationing party of three Sims to Twikkii island, ordered a group serving of Spaghetti... and ta-da! The bellhop gave me one plate. Remember, there were three Sims on vacation.

This is quite odd, as this issue didn't pop up in my previous installation (at least I don't think it did!), but that was before I installed AL and M&G. Looks like EAxis broke something in between.

The only solution I can think of is to get a build/buy enabler and SimWardrobe's Food Replicator, so you can plop in a food replicator during your vacation and eat from it. Or you could edit the hotel lots when no playables are staying and put the replicator there. If you have NightLife or Open for Business, your hotels should have restaurants, so you can eat from there (You must get all your Sims into a casual group before they'll eat together though).
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 11:31 PM
I've had AL since before I installed BV, and I've always gotten proper group meals.

Have you tested for a mod conflict? Have you installed the BV fixes? Not just the patch, but the mods to make the maid useful etc.?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 11:46 PM
There aren't any hack conflicts related to vacations, and they're all deliberate. I have all the patches, and SimWardrobe's hack to make the housekeeper a lot more useful (in fact, that was one of the first mods I downloaded, and it has never clashed with any of my other hacks). I also have SimWardrobe's mod that allows the bellhop to repair broken objects (because the housekeeper is so useless they may as well try to repair an elephant that's missing its tusks), but I had that mod in my previous installation and didn't have this problem.