Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Just keep on calling them back or do it online and one of them will give it to you.

"calling them back"? Not sure what you mean by that XD
Well to be honest, my opinion is: I bought your game, it doesn't work on newer versions of windows. The least they can do for us (since they won't do any upgrades for it) is give us a little compensation.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:55 PM
Just do it over and over again until one of the gives it to you and be nice to them is all you have to do.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:56 PM
Just do it over and over again until one of the gives it to you and be nice to them is all you have to do.

That was my plan I hope that, for some reason, it will solve the problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:11 PM

I got it! Now lets see if it makes a difference...
Mad Poster
#55 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:32 PM
Well good for you, after install it you need to right click on UC icon in Origin and check for updates.

The one I got had like 14 updates until it said it was up to date.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:52 PM
Well good for you, after install it you need to right click on UC icon in Origin and check for updates.

Thanks for the tip! Will do! <3
Theorist
#57 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:10 PM

Wait a second.
Are you saying that the UC digital version, released by the developer/distributor 5 years after the last game engine was released, still had to be patched?

(Couldn't resist)
Mad Poster
#58 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:15 PM
EA said that they will keep on supporting UC by updates if needed so yes you still need to update UC for they are fixing any thing new that crops up with UC.

They will not fix any problems from before UC was release.

Most of the updates are hidden for what was updated but it seems to run better after getting all of them.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 7:37 PM Last edited by DUSKvsDAWN : 17th Mar 2015 at 10:31 PM.
Mine had no updates I'll just make the download folder and see what happens now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 10:54 PM
Hi guys! Here to let you know that somehow the problem solved itself, now that I have the Complete Collection... The items load! Even the twisted bathroom that had problems with alot of people! ))never had trouble with that before, but hey)

I wanna thank every single one of you so much for thinking along. Technically, this solution isn't logical, but I'm not complaining. Sims logic.

Sorry to all the people I've been rude to. I know it is a bad excuse, but I am just so damn tired since I suffer from ANd hypothyroidism AND insomnia and that... Definately makes me grumpy and impatient. It was really childish of me. I'm sorry.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 12:01 AM
Asking for help is frustrating, because people tend to answer things you didn't ask and not get what you actually need to know, and then tell you to do things you already said you did, or that is (to you) obviously not necessary.

It helps to remember that they may actually know things you don't, so what seems stupid might not be, and that things that may seem super clear to you (like what something means, or what happens) isn't to them because they don't have all the information you do. It's sometimes difficult to get what someone means, because while the wording is clear to them, it's not to you because information in their brain is not in yours and they don't realize that information is needed to get it. And most help threads people rarely reply to the questions asked, which means a lot of the information one may need to move on to the next step, never gets answered.

I get it though. I really don't like asking for tech help on things, except from specific people that I know understand me. I almost got banned from... simbology? in a similar situation :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Asking for help is frustrating, because people tend to answer things you didn't ask and not get what you actually need to know, and then tell you to do things you already said you did, or that is (to you) obviously not necessary.

It helps to remember that they may actually know things you don't, so what seems stupid might not be, and that things that may seem super clear to you (like what something means, or what happens) isn't to them because they don't have all the information you do. It's sometimes difficult to get what someone means, because while the wording is clear to them, it's not to you because information in their brain is not in yours and they don't realize that information is needed to get it. And most help threads people rarely reply to the questions asked, which means a lot of the information one may need to move on to the next step, never gets answered.

I get it though. I really don't like asking for tech help on things, except from specific people that I know understand me. I almost got banned from... simbology? in a similar situation :P

I completely get what you mean. I got some questons over and over again and I was just like "...I answered those already. I'm glad you wanna help me but please read what I already tried, and didn't work, so you don't ask me to do it over and over again.

I am really glad people are here to help, but it just happened to me SO many times when I asked for help that people suggested stuff that doesn't even have to do with it, or something that has already been suggested like a billion times and I told them it didn't work. That is kinda what pisses me off. And to be honest, the speeches about "but I'm just trying to help" after it too.

I get it, I was an asshole, but no need for people to point that out to me a million times. I got it the first time. And I obviously knew it myself too. People may be more tech savvy than me sometimes, but that doesn't give them the right to be to me like that either, I think.

Ohwell. As I said before, Sims logic is weird, and it is now somehow solved (while I still don't see how extra EP's could help since I always only downloaded base game stuff anyway).
Theorist
#63 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DUSKvsDAWN
(while I still don't see how extra EP's could help since I always only downloaded base game stuff anyway).

I can see how this is confusing as I came up against somethin quiet similar a week or so ago. I love the 4ESF antique set and all but 2 of the items where base game compatible. One of the items didn't list needing an EP/SP, while the second item did.

With HL's instructions on how to make things base game I was over the moon when I was able to make the first item BGC all by myself :D

Figured it worked for the first item so I gave the 2nd item a shot, but it didn't work and I couldn't understand why not. The item in question was a dresser that was cloned from a clothing rack. I was able to get it to show in base game, but couldn't get it to place. To confuse me even more I went into my fully loaded game (up to Mansions and Garden) and everything worked fine there - was able to see it, place it, and showed the correct animations. So, why in the wold wouldn't it work in base game as it was all the same features, right?

With a bit of perseverance and some greatly appreciated help by HL we (read she) found the problem and was able to make the needed adjustment and the item now works in base game same as it does in the higher ones.

So, while it might seem silly that something that should work doesn't ... ya gotta remember who made the game and how they tended to bork things with each new release they put out :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I can see how this is confusing as I came up against somethin quiet similar a week or so ago. I love the 4ESF antique set and all but 2 of the items where base game compatible. One of the items didn't list needing an EP/SP, while the second item did.

With HL's instructions on how to make things base game I was over the moon when I was able to make the first item BGC all by myself :D

Figured it worked for the first item so I gave the 2nd item a shot, but it didn't work and I couldn't understand why not. The item in question was a dresser that was cloned from a clothing rack. I was able to get it to show in base game, but couldn't get it to place. To confuse me even more I went into my fully loaded game (up to Mansions and Garden) and everything worked fine there - was able to see it, place it, and showed the correct animations. So, why in the wold wouldn't it work in base game as it was all the same features, right?

With a bit of perseverance and some greatly appreciated help by HL we (read she) found the problem and was able to make the needed adjustment and the item now works in base game same as it does in the higher ones.

So, while it might seem silly that something that should work doesn't ... ya gotta remember who made the game and how they tended to bork things with each new release they put out :D

I also said this a million times before, but I'll just say it again... I never needed expansions before for those items to work. The exact same items.
Undead Molten Llama
#65 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 11:48 PM
Well, it could have been that there was something wrong with your Double Deluxe installation. I know you said you uninstalled/reinstalled, but sometimes there are registry errors left over from a bad/corrupted install and the computer keeps pointing at them and things get messed up. Perhaps installing UC fixed that. In the end, there's really no way to know. The issue could have been one of many things, but just be glad that you were able to get it resolved. And hey, now you have more game to play with.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Well, it could have been that there was something wrong with your Double Deluxe installation. I know you said you uninstalled/reinstalled, but sometimes there are registry errors left over from a bad/corrupted install and the computer keeps pointing at them and things get messed up. Perhaps installing UC fixed that. In the end, there's really no way to know. The issue could have been one of many things, but just be glad that you were able to get it resolved. And hey, now you have more game to play with.

Yupyup! not complaining ^^
Page 3 of 3