Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 2:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Missing my The Sims 2 families but game crashing
Recently I miss playing my sims families in The Sims 2 but when it started up to loading screen it crashed "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate". I tried to update, repair, fresh reinstall, run as windows XP but didn't work I see a lot of post about crashing issue but unsure which post to follow through with. So here I am looking for help please. I remember I last played either beginning of this year or late last year it was still working fine I don't know what happened. Appreciate all your help! ^.^

The desktop I am using
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
32 GB RAM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
I am playing through Origin if that makes any difference

Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 6:24 AM
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 10:29 PM
main time to reinstall should be when the installation files have a problem.
though an alternative to reinstalling could be to replace various files with their disc equivalents.

sometimes deleting the cache files (located in main Sims2 folder) could fix problems.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 12:58 AM
Additionally to the deletion of cache files, go to the Neighbourhoods folder and delete NeighbourhoodManager.package. The game will generate a new one the next time you start.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 6:47 AM
did you try regenerating a new documents folder? Rename the old one, something like documents/ea games/sims 2 ultimate collection backup then try running the game again. This helps if there is something keeping the game from starting up in the documents folder. If it doesnt then, then we know the game is being affected by something else. Also is your antivirus running? You have directx9c?

graphics rules done correctly?