Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Geniaa : 28th Oct 2018 at 3:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default "Failed to find any Directx compatible graphics adapter"
Hi ! So, here's my tragic story : I have a Mac and ran Sims 2 on Parallels Desktop (Windows 7), it all worked well, until Windows stopped working. I had it re-installed, and so do Sims 2.. Except they don't work anymore and I have this error : "failed to find any Directx compatible graphics adapter". I searched everywhere and tried everything, but nothing..

My Directx is updated and I tried to install/uninstall the game a few times..
Now, what's weird is that Graphic Rules Maker don't find the game, and don't even detect my graphic card.
Plus, in MyDocuments/EAGames, I only have one file : "Logs", with a bunch of empty texts. I also tried to run it with my old EAGames files, but still the same error. Anyway, I'm pretty much convinced the problem is from the graphic card, which is not detected.. I also looked everything for it, but found nothing.

Hope anyone knows a little more about this issue..
Thanks for reading !

EDIT : I re-installed Windows and the Sims, which are working now, but with other issues.. Think I'll find a solution for this ! Thanks !
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 11:32 PM
I have no idea about mac's sorry, but have you tried installing DirectX9. Sims 2 needs that.

Also what is your graphics card?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~