Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 4:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Clones appearing in University Dorm (TS2)
Hi Everyone,
So I recently revisited a TS2 university dorm I've played until junior year. I've been playing other households in the neighbourhood in recent days, and just went back in for the first time in a little while. While my sims were standing outside the dorm, the other dormies all started entering the lot again... and all had a clone with them �*:scared:
The clones were interacting with everyone, and my sims could interact with them all as well, not that I chose to as they freaked me out (in fact, I'm not sure which ended up being clones or not). I couldn't tell which were original and which clones. I quit without saving and re-entered the lot, and the same thing happened. I quit again without saving, and just had a look in SimPE and there's definitely only one each of these sims at the moment. Whether that'll stay the same if I saved, I'm not sure. I didn't try any other lots at university or the regular neighbourhood. My playable sims didn't clone or the NPCs, just the dormies.

Anyone heard of this before? It's a first for me, and I've been playing for years and had many weird glitches in my time!

I'm really hoping my neighbourhood isn't broken

Here's a photo of them all arriving

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:23 PM
I've had this happen sometimes in my universities too. I don't know what causes it, but I don't think it necessarily means that anything's wrong with your neighborhood. I just go into Buy mode, enter the cheat moveobjects on and delete the extra copies of the character before they can meet themselves. Remember to cheat moveobjects off when you're done.

It's a good idea to run Mootilda's HoodChecker utility on your neighborhood after you exit the game. It can help clean up any messes caused by this sort of thing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 10:26 PM
Probably a game hiccup or a portal glitch calling up the same sim. Just delete that instance off the lot. A second making backups and running Hood Checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 3:56 PM
Hi both,

So I firstly went through my recent hacks for anything Uni related, and removed the 'YA visitors outside uni' hack from Simbology. However I went back into the game and turns out I did save with the clones on the lot. So I also used the insiminator deleter, and 'deleted all visitors'. All the dormies disappeared, then the original ones walked back in without their clones, and all was well in the world again! So not sure if it was the deleter that fixed it or removing that hack, but all good. I'm going to run the hoodchecker now though as I'm paranoid in case it's the beginning of the end for this hood.
Thanks for your advice!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 10:33 PM
YA visitor outside of UNi is fine -unless it's clashing with something, but I highly doubt if it is clashing that the result would be calling up extra sims. Portal glitch is more like it. You can put back the mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~