Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 2:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Super-Duper Hug
Bear with me as this may get lengthy ; uploaded a SC4 terrain...also some lots that originally came with the decorated/populated version.

Went to move a sim couple into one of the lots from the site that had the populated hood. In this particular game, I'm using just the empty SC4 terrain and adding a few lots from that site.
When the sim couple moved in.. I noticed that the option for "Super Duper Hug-Debug" option showed on the pie menu.
Really bummed out.

So I moved the couple and didn't save that lot.

Then moved them back in the same lot on a hunch... the "Bug" option was gone.
So is that lot now safe ?

Also, the prison lot that I'd DL'd way last year (same creator) suddenly showed up with this bug.
It didn't do this before.
Should I delete the prison lot from my lot catalogue in-game and re-download it ?
The creator is fabulous and I'm thinking this "DeBug" corruption is just my pc being finicky.......

Major corruption ?

I DL'd the decorated hood from this creator -- it's all set up, just minus the sims.
But this decorated N-hood (N013) is separate from my main Strangetown hood that I'm playing.
I took it out to play my storyline hood.

If the whole sims 2 folder in my documents is corrupted... I can make a new S2 folder and delete the older one.

Have been playing this game for years and usually know how to work around issues...... but if I just need to delete lots I don't use very much and re-download the prison which worked fine before.. it's not a problem.

I don't imagine the new ,empty, SC4 terrain is causing any problems.

Went into past threads here and should I download the "LBFRemove Social File" ?

Didn't want to start my hood over... but would rather have as little corruption as possible.

Or, I can delete all lots that weren't made by myself. and try to re-download a few lots that didn't cause the virus 'super-duper hug debug'.
Thanks for any advice.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 2:31 AM
No not major corruption, just maxis code gone active because you didn't have the essential mods to stop it. Do you have the other essential mods like No Unlink on delete and No corrupt death? These mods are needed to keep your game running smoothly.

The SDH can come on lots or be activated by adding and removing social mods. It's code in the installation files that is easy to activate hard to get rid of, but it isn't harmful.

Go get your self No sim loaded (at Leefish by boiling Oil and smarter EP check) and make sure you have the other essential mods. NSL will hide the SDH from your game, but to get rid of it will take a reinstall. It's code used for modding. If you want to upload lots make yourself a second sims 2 folder since now any lot you upload will carry the SDH. if you don't upload lots simply ignore it. The SDH is nicknamed sim herpes for a reason, it gets spread around unknowingly which is why you should have the mods in to prevent it before your game can activate it.

You can use the LBFRemove Social File if you want, but No Sim Loaded is far better because it checks sims, burns unneeded tokens and cleans up other sources of corruption. This other file will also hide it from view though, but once you have the SDH active no mod will really get rid of it.

Clean game -add No sim loaded (keeps your game clean)
Infected game- add No Sim Loaded (Hides the SDH) but it's still there.
The SDH is NOT corruption it's Maxis modding code.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 2:43 AM
Yes I have "No Unlink on Delete" and "No corrupt Death"... I didn't realize I do not have BO's "No sim Loaded".
I'll go and retrieve it, thanks.

Am contemplating an full re-install, even though I only occasionally download lots and do not upload them anywhere.

So, since the SDH is not corruption--- is it good enough to just suppress it ?

I have a few other sims 2 folders that were set up for different neighborhoods -- that did not have downloaded lots... so maybe those are safe ?
Thanks for the advice !

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 3:32 AM
The SDH won't hurt anything, it's just added an annoying modding option to your sims. The mods to hide it simply removes the option from showing and stops your sims hugging all the time.

If it got activated from pulling a social mod it will show immediately game wide, but from lots it seems to spread silently. The best way is to view as your entire sims 2 folder as SDHugged. You can always make another folder, simply rename your current one and run the game. We believe to about 98% that this new folder is clean.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:17 AM
Thanks again, joeandsarah ; seems to be hidden now. The v.1.04 ('basic' version) was not hiding the SDH bug.

So, went and DL'd the version that allows for some gossip ('special' version)-- plus the smarter EP Check.

Also have a new option (.... for one of my sims to the other family member when a guest walks by) -- that pops up now and then on the pie menu...
"Introduce to ___" So that's interesting.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 9:59 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:33 AM.
Unless you're planning to create and share lots, which may spread the bug to other players, you don't have to worry about it. Since you already picked it up, you'll want to use a clean game folder (or just AGS) for that.

BoilingOil's No Sim Loaded will suppress the issue well enough. Even when not suppressed, it's more of an annoyance than anything.

The "Introduce to" is vanilla behavior. It happens because one of your family members knows the guest and the other one doesn't. I've sometimes found it to be inconsistent to appear, though, which is a bit of a puzzler.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives