Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 2:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims won't earn money or get promotions
Hi everyone,

So there's this issue I've noticed lately, in that my Sims come home from work without bringing home any money or getting promotions. This is a problem I've noticed just recently. Sims will get out of their car/carpool but there's no dialogue box to tell me whether they got promoted or took home some money. Which leaves my Sims locked in a state where their funds are constantly dwindling from bills but no money flows in at all. I suspect it might be latent corruption starting to seep into the neighborhood since this has been a hood that's been running for roughly a year, but I thought I'd ask fellow MTSers for advice (Conflicting mods might be a possibility too, but I can't think of any mod conflict that causes Sims to stop earning money/promoting at work, and the hood doesn't otherwise show typical corruption signs. I also have Mootilda's Hood Checker to regularly clean out most of the accumulating corruption). Googling the problem hasn't turned up any evidence that this has happened to other people before, so I'm at a bit of a loss here! Any help would be appreciated!

Other unusual things that have happened:
  • Sims' skill suddenly shooting up to max after gaining a skill point (Mostly creative skill)
  • Occasional crashing/hanging
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 3:40 PM
It might be a mod confliction. Have you tried playing you hood without your downloads folder to see if your sims earn money then?

Also, do you have the Sims Salary Bonus Scheme (http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...alaryBonus.html) and InTeen mods installed? There was someone else who was having issues with their sims getting paid and thought that these two mods were conflicted with each other. Their problem was solved after they uninstalled InTeen.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Instructor
#3 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 3:41 PM
To me it sounds definitely CC related (it doesn't have to be strictly connected to work or the carpool, but I think that it has to do with the skills (since they max out as you said).
Have you installed anything new, recently? Maybe a mod that is not compatible with your game version?
Try to start the game without CC - if it works, than you can try to find the bad file, using the 50-50 method or similar.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 4:00 PM
If you have InTeen, it may be worth having an affected Sim spawn their biological clock to see what happens, just in case InTeen is reading them as coming home from school rather than from work. It's a quick and easy thing to try first and won't cause any further issues.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 4:21 PM Last edited by icy96 : 5th Dec 2018 at 4:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
It might be a mod confliction. Have you tried playing you hood without your downloads folder to see if your sims earn money then?

Also, do you have the Sims Salary Bonus Scheme (http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...alaryBonus.html) and InTeen mods installed? There was someone else who was having issues with their sims getting paid and thought that these two mods were conflicted with each other. Their problem was solved after they uninstalled InTeen.

I do have the paybook installed. I'll quickly check to see if that might be causing issues! Thanks!

EDIT: Yup, it was the paybook mod that was being screwy. Thanks a lot for the help! :lovestruc