Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 10:50 PM
Default Project: Halflife 2 for Sims 2
i'm just starting to make some halflife 2 characters for the sims2:
-gordon freeman in his suit (based on the astronaut suit with modified textures)
-Alyx Vance(i'll try to make her clothes like in the game)
-Barney in combine suit (based on the astronaut suit with modified textures)
-Eli vance (can't make his fake leg though :/ )
-alyx's dead mother (wont be available, it will be just in the genealogy tree.. just have to make alyx and modify her a little since they look almost the same in the family picture in the game)
-gordon parents (wont be available, it will be just in the genealogy tree, if i can find some informations and/or pictures of them...)
-Dr kleiner (easy)
-G man (easy)
-Dr Breen (easy)
-Dr Mossman (easy too )
-zombies (maybe, but that probably wont be possible because i'd need to make the guy's face like an headcrab )
-Combine soldiers (maybe, same as zombie cuz the mask will maybe be hard to do)

sooo after making all the characters i'll make a neighbourhood with sim city 4, that will be City 17, then importe it into sims 2 then i'll make the important places like black mesa east nova prospekt, combine citadel.. ect.. (maybe using halflife2's textures, especially for the citadel's walls witch.. is not.. going to be very.. tall.. lol )

then i'll create the families!
-the Freeman family: with gordon and his parents, i'll make him live from his childhood to his job as a scientist
-the Vance family: with alyx, eli and his wife, alyx will start from her childhood too
-the combine family: with some combine soldiers and dr breen
-the G man family: with the G man (duh!)
-the Mossman family: with dr mossman (re-duh!)
-the scientists family: with dr kleiner and some scientists (thoses scientists will die though )
-the Calhoun family: with barney (and maybe the fat barney there was in blue shift, but i would need to make a security guard texture for this one..)
-the zombie family: with a lot of zombies

there would also be some community lots were you could see people talking to zombie sims (i'll make them hate everyone , and the combine soldiers too )

http://wsfwarl0rdc.free.fr/freemansuitwip3.jpg
HEV suit Work in progress

i managed to extract textures from halflife 2 so i'm using them :p

i'm (almost) done with the front (i still have to add some details and stuff) now i'm texturing the back ^^

i'll keep this thread updated as i make the characters and stuff.

does someone know how to make normal maps, and if i can use one on that astronaut suit?
is it possible to modify the model with a program?

i really want to make something great, unlike thoses "things" i found like:

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id=110497&search=1&asset_type=sim&key=&order=RATING+desc&nrows=50&age=&gender=&custom=&locality=&country=&view=

what the hell is that? that's not the HEV suit lol
(wondering why it's top rated...)

maybe after making all that i'll do the citizens and the rebels (still by using textures from hl2 ^^ )
[ Edited ]

check my simpage for stuff like halflife 2 sims and my WSF robot! : click!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 11:03 PM
That's a great idea, but if only there was a different good suit to use other than the Astronaught one, as it makes them look a bit too bulky. As for Barney, should use the SWAT one instead or something, as it'd make more since
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2004 at 11:18 PM
yeah you are right, the swat suit is better for barney and metrocops, but for the combine soldiers i'll still use the Astronaut ^^

Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 12:12 AM
Alright, but my point still stands that there needs to be a better clothing option for the HEV suit, what you have already is great, but the HEV suit isn't that bulky. If it was possible to remove the spikes from the SuperVillain outfit, that one might actually work best.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 4:51 AM
Actrually, there is a pack of Halflife characters out there already. Only not with the in game clothing. I think it looks ok, just have to add the texture for the suit
[ Edited 04-12-2004 04:54AM ]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 8:38 AM Last edited by Faylen : 26th Mar 2005 at 1:26 PM.
shadow>> when there will be a tool to modifie the clothes models i'll modify it, but for now the Astronaut suit seems to be the best option for the HEV since the other suits are not bulky enough:

i wish i could remove thoses annoying buttons :/

staind>> i think i know what pack you are talking about, but thoses seems to have incorrect relationships (like everyone hate the Gman... or like Dr Breen... >.< ) they dont have the game clothing like you said and some of them look weird (the Gman face for example is not supposed to look like a sim alien face )

sooo do you guys know how to make normal map? :p

Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 8:44 AM
The relation thingy can be modify by simpe, I think. I think Gman looks okay, just need a few minor ajustment, notthing big.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 9:14 AM
it would suck if i used other people's work to make my halflife2 city wont it? ^^

oooh i just had a look to the shiny thread, it's awesome, i need to put some metal reflections on that armor :p

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 10:55 AM Last edited by Faylen : 26th Mar 2005 at 1:26 PM.
mmmh.. need much more work, especially on the back :p

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Faylen : 26th Mar 2005 at 1:27 PM.
Ladies and Gentlemans!!
here's Gordon Freeman!

Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 4:32 PM
I look forward to a less bulky sim suit in the near future, but for now, great job!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Dec 2004 at 5:38 PM Last edited by Warlord : 5th Dec 2004 at 9:56 AM.
i just uploaded it, and now i'm uploading Gina (for the female version of the HEV suit ^^ )

edit: uh? it's not on the download section??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Dec 2004 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Faylen : 26th Mar 2005 at 1:28 PM.
weird, i dont seem to be able to upload anything in the download section :/

bah.. doesn't matter

i'm just done with Alyx by the way:

here's gordon and alyx ^^
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:31 AM
Wow, brilliant job! I look forward to their release.
#15 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 1:35 AM
When will you release them???

im looking straight for them!!!!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 7:37 AM Last edited by TheShady : 9th Dec 2004 at 7:42 AM.
I wouldn't make any people that doesn't appear! Like Alyx's mother! Maybe she comes in HL3!
Gordon never smiles and he should be silent all the time! Alyx has got more smaller eyes, nearly japanese, and some freckles or "unclean" skin! Also she got something in her hair (dunno the english word [Haarreifen]) and some hairspray in her hair!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 7:53 AM
She come in HL3 ?? LOL, didn't u hear ? Alyx's mum is dead at HL2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Dec 2004 at 3:01 PM Last edited by Warlord : 19th Dec 2004 at 4:32 PM.
ok.. NOW i think i'm almost done with Alyx lol
as you can see on the attached screenshots i modified the normal map and changed some stuff, now i have to look at the hair if i can do something about it but i doubt it, and i have to flatten the jean a little cuz it's too.. bumpy lol

ooh and the other screenshots show some clothes i made yesterday for fun

edit: can't make that thing on her hair :/
bah, i'll make it when we will be able to edit objects ^^

sooo i'll put thoses online after christmas, i dont know why i couldn't upload them here but it doesn't matter since they were not completely done, they will be also available on the official Website (and i think i'm going to get a nice little cup with a lot of stars for thoses :x )
Screenshots
#19 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 5:36 AM
wow, I can't wait to get those skins. So far, I think that they look AMAZING. Good work, and keep it going! :bow: :bow:
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 12:54 AM
Warlord: What do you mean you couldn't upload here? Just start a new thread in downloads-clothing and outfits and attach the skins in the download manager section. They won't show up immediately though they have to be approved by a moderator.

Anyway I really your skins look great Did you manage to get the shine happening on the HEV suit?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 8:53 AM Last edited by Faylen : 26th Mar 2005 at 1:24 PM.
yeah i'll try ^^
still, they are now available on the official website:

i couldn't get the shine yet cuz i dont know how, and i'm wondering if i can add bump maps too

right now i'm making a combine soldier, i made the textures yesterday and i'm making the "head" today ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Dec 2004 at 11:37 AM Last edited by Warlord : 26th Dec 2004 at 7:26 PM.
OMG!!! a squad of combine soldiers made their way to the sims2!! RUN!!!
:D
(this skin is also on the official website ^^ )

edit: i just finished the elite soldiers too, go check the exchange!! :p
(one eyed sim is not THAT hard to do ^^ )
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 12:12 PM Last edited by Faylen : 26th Mar 2005 at 1:24 PM.
ooh yeah forgot to tell, i finished the elite soldier and the zombie

:p
#24 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 1:40 AM
I think gorden had a child(and probley a wife for that matter). in his locker in hl1 their was a picture of a kid sooooo yea
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#25 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 1:23 PM
Check this out!!! http://modthesims2.com/announcement.php?f=20

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Locked thread