Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:03 PM
Default We need more sexy outfits for men
There are so many talented skinners out there that make wonderful outfits for women. Why wont people do the same thing for our male Sims? SUre, I have downloaded a few really nice outfits for my Sim males, but there really isnt enough. Female skins FAR outnumber the male skins. And it's frustrating. My guys are running out of things to wear. And I dont mean just jeans and tshirts either. I mean stylish/sexy clothes. Here is a site with a good example of the kinds of things I'm talking about: http://www.internationalmale.com/

Men CAN be stylish and sexy too. We need more user made clothing for men, other than those god awful outfits that Maxis made.

Let's make our sim guys look good too.

Please join us at the Gay Sims Club 2 forums. Where you will find discussions and links to great Content for the Sims 2!
The Gay Sims Club 2
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:04 PM
I do so want short shorts!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:06 PM
I quite agree.
Unfortunately I'm no good at skinning..I draw a lot but Im no good at skinning things. Bleh.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:21 PM
I had a TON of clothes for my guys in the original Sims. I miss them. I sure wish we could port them to Sims 2. Ah well, I'm always keeping my eyes open for good skins for my boys.

At least we can have those hot paintings again!

Please join us at the Gay Sims Club 2 forums. Where you will find discussions and links to great Content for the Sims 2!
The Gay Sims Club 2
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:23 PM
Yea I miss my downloads too..though I have to say the downloads I'm missing the most aren't the clothes LOL...I had a lot of more 'adult' themed objects hehe...can't wait 'til we can have those again. XD +perv+ But more sexy clothes would be nice...we (men) don't all dress like we walked out of The World's Most Boring Store..(but then I can't talk, I enjoy crossdressing).
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:26 PM
I would try my hand at creating some, it's not only you guys who are frustrated at the lack of selection for our simmie males, but for the life of me I can't figure out the whole alpha channel thing. If anyone could give me a hand with that I'd gladly do the artwork involved.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:27 PM
Ah that just reinforces the fact that I love you Jorenne <3 (platonically of course, in a distant, fearful, worship-y way XD). Now I must go and find someone who CAN help you, because I'm the most useless thing since a chocolate teapot.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:42 PM
Take a look at the link Scotty posted, there are some very nice clothes on there, I personally love the linen suits
Forum Resident
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:43 PM
Sexy shorts! Hot tank tops! Leather! Chaps, vest, tees etc!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:44 PM
Eh...well...my 'fashion sense' isn't very good. So although I have ideas there wouldn't be much point cause nobody else would like them. XD
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:53 PM
I quite agree with you ScottyToledo, I find this very frustrating as well but I think there are two answers to this.

Firstly, the same thing has been mentioned on another forum when this question was raised. It was noted that in the real world outside there exists far more clothing, and a better variety for women than men.

Secondly, I think a lot of adult male sims 2 game players are playing a very female orientated game so are more interested in making female clothing.

It is also quite possible, but I am only guessing here, that the ladies who also play this game are designing clothes that they themselves would like to have and wear.

I think it has to be said that we need a gay orientated community lot outfitters store to get the stylish clothing for our male sims !! Now there's a challenge for the modders, but sadly we will need the clothing to stock the store first.....lol
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:54 PM
I really like the idea of doing some robes and nightwear... at the moment, all my poor sim guys are just wandering around in those grubby vests and shorts, while the women get satin nightdresses.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:55 PM
I'd like to wear a satin nightdress.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:56 PM
I would love new underwear and nightwear for my sim guys. I have one who's a wanna-be rock star, and well, grubby vest and shorts or plaid PJ's just don't do his image anygood lol.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:58 PM
On the subject of plaid Pj's...ugh I hate how teen males only have PJ's like that, I mean the men don't have a large selection of bottoms-only pj's but at least it's something...Sorry I'll finish my insignificant rant now. +shuts up+
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 7:59 PM
I made some tiger-inspired underwear once... I don't know where the file went. It was tiger-print boxer shorts with an open robe top in black silk. That turned out okay, I could make some stuff like that.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:04 PM
I'd actually like to see more long jacket like http://www.internationalmale.com/pr...A=&Au=RollupKey for both males and females. There's only one thing like it in the game, and as it's one of the few nice outfits, I tend to use it too often...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:05 PM
Actually that's quite nice..and I normally don't like things like that.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:05 PM
I would like to see cool shirts that doesn't make my sims looks fat, and i don't know some cool suits armani kind of ..... accesories could be a good option too (wathes, necklaces, medals).. please!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:12 PM
I love that jacket... I've got a very vague idea of how I could go about making something like it. I'm not sure it'll work out, but I'll give it a try. To be honest, I'm more used to doing underwear for guys.

If there's anybody else who's good with everydaywear stuff, I think they'd do a better job than me. I'll have a go though ^^
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:15 PM
As a note to my earlier post there are some really good male thongs designed by jKessels in the adult wear section, to download. So this is a good start to our sims wardrobe.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:17 PM
Yea I already have those thongs..finally me and my boyfriend can wear some nice sexy undies. x3

As for velvet..good luck with the jacket, and I love your avatar.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:21 PM
Thanks Kira ^^; I love that WooHoo memory. The first chance I get, I'm going to make myself a t-shirt in real life with it on the front, and "Do You WooHoo?" on the back. I can't wait to see how many people stop me and mention The Sims ^^
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:25 PM
I already made one lol! Yes I like making random t shirts for myself...if I can find myself a camera, then I'll have to take pics and post them in these forums..see how many other mental people there are out there with 'do you woohoo?' t shirts...
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Jan 2005 at 8:27 PM
After reading a thread here I made a T-shirt that says "How Sparky is your Whoo-Hoo" :laugh:
Page 1 of 19