Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:13 PM Last edited by PastryPoison : 11th Sep 2014 at 7:16 PM. Reason: Something forgotten.
Default Homestuck, TS4 Style?
I don't know if this is in the right place or not, please let me know and if needed, move it please. Thank you.
Okay. So I just asked Simstuck (Tumblr ) about converting their CC from TS3 to TS4.

Quote:
I’ve been waiting to address The Sims 4 but because you asked, I’ll just do it now haha.

1.) I have no intention of converting the meshes and shirts to The Sims 4. I personally don’t want to support a half-baked game.

2.) If you want to ask people to see if they do want to convert the stuff, by all means, please do! That would be awesome. Just because I’m not getting TS4 doesn’t mean I won’t let people who do like it not have my mods.

Also just make sure that when it does get converted, that they link back here and to my MTS page.

So permission has been given to do so, but I have no clue how to convert Sims 3 meshes to Sims 4, or if its even possible. Can someone please either inform me how to do it, or would someone be kind enough to do it for me? I know there are a lot of Homestucks that play TS4 out there, I mean there's gotta be, right? Right?

Edit: Also, if I can find some grey skin replacement........
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:44 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 12th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM.
The shirts would likely be pretty simple: It's just a re-texture of some existing shirts.

There's a nice tutorial on re-texturing here: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/art...for-the-sims-4/

Skin Replacement isn't something that's been quite mastered yet. Skins are far more complex this time around, with many different layers to provide contours and shapes. Keep your eyes peeled on this forum for updates on that process.

As for the meshes, CMar has a great utility called the "TS4 CAS Tools", available here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532867

I don't know if it will be able to do what you want (I've only used it for minor edits), but if her tool can't do it, nothing can. Yet. Try it out, see if it works how you want. If not, you'll need to wait for the tool to get updated, and tutorials and documentation written. Remember, the game has only been out a few weeks. There's still a lot we don't know how to do yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 8:17 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 12th Sep 2014 at 4:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
The shirts would likely be pretty simple: It's just a re-texture of some existing shirts.

There's a nice tutorial on re-texturing here: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/art...for-the-sims-4/

Skin Replacement isn't something that's been quite mastered yet. Skins are far more complex this time around, with many different layers to provide contours and shapes. Keep your eyes peeled on this forum for updates on that process.

As for the meshes, CMar has a great utility called the "TS4 CAS Tools", available here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532867

I don't know if it will be able to do what you want (I've only used it for minor edits), but if her tool can't do it, nothing can. Yet. Try it out, see if it works how you want. If not, you'll need to wait for the tool to get updated, and tutorials and documentation written. Remember, the game has only been out a few weeks. There's still a lot we don't know how to do yet.

Thanks! I'll see what I can do, and I'll check back often for updates.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:06 PM
Default Skins
Not sure if I should post this here or edit into my original. Might make a new thread entirely somewhere else just for Homestuck.

So I found a skin(set) that so far looks pretty good! The grey skin is almost perfect if it weren't for a bit of topical detail like the spots beneath the eyes or the helmet-like darker coloring around the face..

Found it here.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:17 PM
Interesting. Have you tested it in your game? Is it an actual skin tone, or some sort of skin overlay?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
Interesting. Have you tested it in your game? Is it an actual skin tone, or some sort of skin overlay?

Just tested it actually. It's a Skin Detail, but it gets a little bit weird if you try to use accessories with it. I only tested the grey but I'd assume it applies to it all. The accessory I tried were for one of my troll sims that had glasses. The glasses have a white overlay now. Like, the lenses and the frames. I'd take a screenshot but I'm not quite sure how yet. I don't know what happens if tried with other accessories, but I do know makeup will not work with it. It just doesn't show up. I'll keep trying things and report back with results.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:39 PM
Bump, because looking for a bit of word behind it.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 13th Sep 2014 at 10:41 PM.
To take a screenshot, you need to be in Windowed or Fullscreen Windowed mode. Then you can use Printscreen or Windows Clipping Tool.

Bumping's against site rules -- see Guideline 12: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...stingguidelines . So are double-posting (11) and multi-posting (13). And requests aren't allowed at MTS (17).

Basically, this forum is for people to contribute to the community's knowledge about how to make TS4 mods, or to query the community. A query is most likely to be answered if you have a very specific question. Not clear what question is being asked here, so not surprised that you haven't had an answer

If you want aesthetic feedback on your project, you can try Creator Feedback: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=698

Leaving the thread here for now, in case you can tell us what your question is... just a heads up on the posting guidelines.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:24 PM Last edited by PastryPoison : 14th Sep 2014 at 3:51 PM.
Right. I'm sorry. I never saw that page and I'm not quite used to forums. I suppose I should be more diligent. Well, I can take this down, I just don't know how. I apologize. I suppose the real question was lost in my scramble to not look like a complete noob, as it was how to convert sims 3 objects to work with sims 4, I'd been directed to a tool but I'm not sure how to use it.
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PastryPoison
Right. I'm sorry. I never saw that page and I'm not quite used to forums. I suppose I should be more diligent. Well, I can take this down, I just don't know how. I apologize. I suppose the real question was lost in my scramble to not look like a complete noob, as it was how to convert sims 3 objects to work with sims 4, I'd been directed to a tool but I'm not sure how to use it.

No worries! Sorry if I came across as harsh, just trying to provide direction. Welcome to MTS... so, the issue you want help with is the white overlay on the glasses? Hopefully you can post a screen now using windowed mode to take the screenshot, and maybe somebody will be able to help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
No worries! Sorry if I came across as harsh, just trying to provide direction. Welcome to MTS... so, the issue you want help with is the white overlay on the glasses? Hopefully you can post a screen now using windowed mode to take the screenshot, and maybe somebody will be able to help you.

Actually, I found out that the overlay of the skin detail was also set to override any accessories added. What I really want help with is finding someone to help me figure out how to convert sims 3 object meshes. Should I ask Cmar? And how would that go about? I have no knowledge of any tools or the like, and there aren't any instructions with it. I just don't know what to do.
And no, you didn't come across as harsh, I just came across myself as noobish. c:
And thanks for the welcome!