Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 5:01 AM
I want to create custom hair for Sims 4!
I never made CC before for sims 3 but i want to change that. I am dying to learn how to make sims 4 hair. i dont know where to start or what to do, but im so eager to learn. I want to make hair sooo bad. Im surprised there arent CC hair yet how do i start?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:34 PM
As of yet, there's been gender converted hairs and there's been some age conversions in the works. However, no one's quite figured out a way to work with creating custom Sims 4 hair due to the differences between it and the Sims 3. Seeing as how this is still the week it came out, I think there's still plenty of time for dedicated modders and creators to figure it out.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM Last edited by nurny : 13th Sep 2014 at 8:27 PM.
Actually, there is one, but it's for the demo only. There are already lots of recolors.

All the new creators want to make hair, but the truth is, it's one of the hardest things to do, and should most definitely NOT be your first project, ESPECIALLY if you're new to meshing and cc in general. I suggest you look through a few of the tutorials on this site and start with something simpler, like a clothing recolor.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nurny
Actually, there is one, but it's for the demo only. There are already lots of recolors.

Ah, thanks for the link, nurny. I wasn't following custom content development for the demo, and it's encouraging to see that people have figured it out so soon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:42 AM
thanks for the replys everyone! guess i will have to start CC from the beginning and not skip to the most complicated thing first lol! i hope i can get to it, and go from recolouring to retextures to new mesh to finally new hairstyles