Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 6:59 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 23rd Dec 2016 at 2:33 PM.
Default Lighting mod tutorial?
Basically I am using a lighting mod from Burnt waffles and want to put a darker sky at night and also auroras in it, and maybe change the water colour obviously for personal use. Is there any tutorials on this?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 3:13 PM
It's the long winding sun, sky and lightparameters thread in the world forum. I'm warning you though. It's a lot of work.

If you want to do changes to a mod it might be polite to ask burntwaffles if it's ok. You can then ask modders for help, if you didn't get that from the creator.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's the long winding sun, sky and lightparameters thread in the world forum.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 4:55 PM
Yeah that does look difficult, I thought that tutorial was just for putting it in your world? I don't actually want it just in my world though I want it for all the worlds so thats why I wonder if you can just edit the actual lighting mod its self, I did open it up in sp3e and couldn't find water anywhere just sky. I would ask burnt waffles if i knew how lol P.S I did read someone had edited it so no its possible just haven't a clue
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 1:09 AM
It would be the same; you would just add the modified files to a package and put them in your Mods folder to have them work for all worlds. Why not open up the mod you want to change in S3PE and see how it was done? You might find that my thread makes some sense then.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It would be the same; you would just add the modified files to a package and put them in your Mods folder to have them work for all worlds. Why not open up the mod you want to change in S3PE and see how it was done? You might find that my thread makes some sense then.

Ok glad that is is not just for caw then, I did open it up in sp3e trouble is I only found underwater fog which I'm assuming has nothing to do with colour XD But will read more into tutorial and hopefully figure things out :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 11:48 AM
Also I get this on most of the names :
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 3:26 PM
You need the NvidiaDDS utilities, otherwise your computer cannot parse DDS images. There is a (updated!) link to these in post #3:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...971#post3679971
There's also a link to the final S3PE there too- so make sure you have that one.

All of the information you need is in that thread- you just have to read a lot!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You need the NvidiaDDS utilities, otherwise your computer cannot parse DDS images. There is a (updated!) link to these in post #3:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...971#post3679971
There's also a link to the final S3PE there too- so make sure you have that one.

All of the information you need is in that thread- you just have to read a lot!

Ok thanks