Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Oasis Springs Map Override

by Menaceman44 Posted 16th Feb 2017 at 6:58 PM - Updated 30th Jul 2023 at 7:50 PM by Menaceman44 : Updated Files

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 7:08 PM
Ugh I love these map overrides, I hope you will be fixing willow creek too with all the roads that lead to nowhere.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 8:23 PM
Thank you so much for your great override. It's looking so much better now!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 8:36 PM
I never even realized that the Landgraab lot is facing backwards! Oh, EA...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 8:40 PM
I didn't know I needed that until I saw it...Now, I know, and I appreciate it! Thank you.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 10:09 PM
Thank you again for making these - they really do look so much better than the originals!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 4:35 AM
I love your maps. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:24 AM
God, those guys at EA/Maxis are so lazy.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:26 AM
Thanks so much for this! Although, would it be possible to correct the rotation of the Landgraab Lot which is facing backwards from map view? If not, that's fine. Just thought I'd ask. I love your map overrides though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:00 PM
The Landgraab Lot can't be fixed with a mod like this. This file is just a texture replacement. The Lot rotation info is kept in a seperate (more complicated) file that, so far, I think only Zerbu has attempted to mod and change.
The wedding park in Myshuno from City Living suffers from the same issue.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:30 PM
Oh...ok. Thanks for the info. I never noticed that wedding park in San Myshuno being that way either. When I start up my game, I'll look at that lot. Is Zerbu's mod available?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:18 PM
He didn't make it into a mod. He was experimenting with being able to add custom neighbourhoods to the game. I think his experiments proved futile in the end.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
He didn't make it into a mod. He was experimenting with being able to add custom neighbourhoods to the game. I think his experiments proved futile in the end.

Oh..ok. Well, I hope EA fixes this.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:55 AM
I've figured out which files control the lot rotation. They're kept in World Map files. Oasis Springs is AAC33A32114214F3. The Landgraab lot is LotID 941492E0, WorldID 46A9F272. Unfortunately it does require a bit of trial and error to find the correct positioning.

This also doesn't affect the lot thumbnail. You have to edit the lot to update it. Presumably this is the reason why they have never bothered to fix it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 12:09 AM
I want learn how to do this stuff!! I love this, kept seeing what I knew was Oasis Springs in youtuber games and was like...wtf? I would add more green, though. Not complaining, as I have no idea how complicated it is to do this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 10:23 AM
You've seen this in peoples' YouTube videos? Neat! At least I know people like my stuff.
I was already considering making a tutorial for this, so it looks like I'll have to try and make that a priority.
It's not too complicated as the maps are just basically a PNG texture file.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:12 AM
This is perfect especially because those areas are green & it was always bothering me that it doesn't show those areas as green little oases Faboulus thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 4:31 PM
Great Job :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:40 AM
Unfortunately, yesterdays patch has broken this mod
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:17 PM
This override has been updated and now functions with the 1.40 Jungle Adventure patch. Please redownload.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:20 PM
Thank you so much for updating this!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
This override has been updated and now functions with the 1.40 Jungle Adventure patch. Please redownload.

Thank you SO much for updating this!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 9:16 AM
Thank u for updating this map override. U r the one of the most considered modder ever.૧(●´৺`&#9679
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:28 PM
Thanks for the update I can't be without it any more...It's simply beautiful! I really dislike EA for being so lazy but with awesome fellow Simmers like you it's awesome that we can still have at least certain things our way. I'm using your MapOverride since you published it and I was in shock that it suddenly didn't work after the Jungle Patch (those patches are killiing me, lol) Am very happy that I can continue to look at a beautiful Oasis Springs with your help !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 2:36 PM
Thanks for all of the positive comments everyone.
For anyone interested, I have now put together a tutorial explaining the steps needed to create your own map overrides.
http://www.modthesims.info/sh...ad.php?t=609378

Page 1 of 2