Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 12:22 AM Last edited by nobahdee : 17th Oct 2012 at 3:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
Have you tried deleting him via TestingCheatsEnabled?

I actually do that when there are a lot of Paparazzis. My celebrity sim and her fiance went to China (because I forbid her vampire fiance to go to Simhara) and 7 paparazzi were in their bedroom taking pictures of them while they were asleep. One even tried to ask my celebrity sim for her autograph while she was asleep.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 1:10 AM Last edited by Mornath : 1st Nov 2012 at 3:28 AM. Reason: Adding info
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
If one of the paparrazi disappears because you move them into your family, or they die, or you kill them, whatever, the game will assign that role to another sim, so you get a new one. This will generally be another sim already living in your hood though, the game will give them this job; as opposed to generating or immigrating a brand new sim for that role.

Is that so? Then I most surely have killed half town by now.

I use Master Controller, so I click the bastards, NRaas, MasterController, Advanced, Force kill, and select whatever death cause suits you. Or Under Advances, Total Anihilation. So the bastard never existed to begin with, because the other way add a tombstone at the mausoleum, and I fear to get ghost crowded anytime soon. I mean, If paparazzis has no sense and just ram in for pictures, imagine a paparazzi's ghost getting through your walls (?)

This reminds me when a paparazzi came home, and I caught it's attention. Next thing he did after taking photos, was getting to the fridge, have some waffles, played videogames, had a quick nap, enter my jacuzzi, have some quick drinks at the bar, played computer games... Man, he did everithing except sleeping in my sims bed. Of course, no interaction to shoo them away, and I didn't have MasterController yet. I had to make all my sims leave the house to finally get rid of that guy, three days later :/

I DON'T THINK that's what they are suppossed to do.

Thay sometimes have some tendency to peep through windows, to make them more annoying. As if having them around wasn't enough.

EDIT:
So, I have taken the time to read the entire post and found some very interesting points of view, and it just made me think. Paps get on our nerves being so stalkers, or they don't show around as much as expected. So, there should be (and now I'm quick-glancing modders) something like a "Paparazzi Friendly bar". Of course, linked to real interactions with them. This meaning you can, not only shoo them, but to kick them out of your lot, demand them and such. To raise the bar, pose for them, grab their attention, and all that stuff we know. So the bar controls the likely of paps at your lot. If you lower the bar by kicking pap-butts, you'll have less paps. Raise the bar and you get extra paps. That seems like a cool solution fitting everyone. So modders, get to work (?)
Mad Poster
#103 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:05 PM
I agree with you all, stalking simply is part of being a celebrity, but i really wouldn't tolerate paps on my property (or in front of it). I don't like it when they take pictures of me, but i really get pissed off when they get a Routing Error 'because they can't enter the house'. I'm having this in my apartments too. Sims must 'understand' that it is illogical to notice you can't get somewhere, and end up trying again forever. What bothers me is that TCE> Object> Remove does not remove Sims permanently, but only for one game session.

Just my two cents.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 10:34 AM
I wish I had more Paparazzi following me.
Seriously, in the beginning when my sim reached career lvl 10 of the musical career and a star lvl 5, EVERYONE wanted to be near him. When I went to a community lot, everyone immediately started thinking about my sim and he was constantly asked for photos and autographs. Also the paps always arrived only minutes after my sim's arrival. But now, a few sim weeks later, no one thinks he's special anymore, because (of course) everyone else got famous. That's one of the things that's really bugging me.
More than half the town of Bridgeport has at least one star. And when everyone is famous, no one is.

The line between genius and insanity is very thin and easily crossed.
Test Subject
#105 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
You know paparazzi do that ... right?
You sound like Princess Di "leave me alone" (after she used them to secure a royal marriage), its a two edged sword.

If you dont want the celebrity attention then do not seek celebrity status.

My sims don't go out seeking celebrity status. The point they are making that you failed to see is the damn paparazzi entering their homes and loitering around their damn house at all hours. Mine rarely leave. The things I see them do in my game in real life would be seen as harassment and stalking which are against the damn law I don't mind them, but when my damn sim can't get out of his house because a damn paparazzi is standing in front of the damn door to go and check his mail or go to town that is crossing the damn line Really, how many real life paparazzi's stand in front of a celebs house to prevent them from leaving? I know paparazzi's has done some stupid things, but doubt they spend 24/7 straight at any celebs house.. On another note you need to change your crappy attitude and get off your high horse.

As the ocean decays, a whale cries.. Wyland
Scholar
#106 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mornath
I use Master Controller, so I click the bastards, NRaas, MasterController, Advanced, Force kill, and select whatever death cause suits you.

I just use Register and disallow paparazzi all together.
Test Subject
#107 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 4:32 PM Last edited by Alexzus : 11th Sep 2014 at 2:37 PM.
They kept on coming on my lot. My sim was naked in tub in the back of their garden, but they arrived there and took her pics o.O I was like 'ok, i can stand that' but now, after a while of playing it's getting annoying. I wanted my garden to be private, but random fools come in and I feel like in the middle of the party. (such randoms also count as the annoying zombie, i must expand the moon cycle..)
I bought the electric gate and i was like wtf? paparazzi came throught it whenever they wanted o.O I guess it could be my mistake, i also have 2 simple gates, 1 in the back (i wanted an outgo in the back of garden, but they never use it)
I'll delete the small gates and see what'll happen..
And yesterday, 2 paparazzi stood in front of main door and they chatted. I wish there was some bodyguard system, come on, i am not that tollerant.
Looking for some cheats right now to get rid of them off my lot.. this is plain stupid, like they put a gps on my sim and follow her anywhere, even on vacation and she likes to flirt around, keeps on getting the bad moodlet of being caught making out outside which i kept deleting out of annoyance, because it even happens when noone sees it.. In locked room on holiday.. 2 levels below the ground in a tent.. also looking for cheat with no such moodlet

I get similar bugs with cars. My sim randomly prefers to ride with a broomstick or lately, my pregnant sim chose that flying board (sick!) to drive her to hospital (LOL)! and she lived at the suburbs. I guess that 'choose this instead of walking' DOESN'T require as 'choose this to drive me to hospital instead of a warm car with my bf'.. (who took a drive with the other car, forgot everything and started to build a snowman on a hospital lot, when his fiancee had birth pains in halfway to building)
-.-!. I think that sims 2 had this system a bit smarter, at least you could pass child to Bf's hands and he was happy when they both arrived home, and he could stroke her tummy, talk to it.. Now it's so stupid and nonsense :/

I wanted to facepalm into my keyboard, seeing this snowman, or kick his butt.

edit: fixed! You must have entire home bordered with a fence and/or piece of building. And just 1 gate, not even 2 electric gates. Set it as your main entry door. It's totally perfect and i even mounted intercom - and it totally works with guests! Paparazzi are just standing out there, waving their hands cause they can't pass. Even zombie don't spawn on my plot, they stand out the gate, they keep on showing interactions with my sims 'zombie attack!' which is annoying but immediately dissapears, lol.
It only makes mistakes, when you don't set it as your main door, they pass throught whether they want. that's why it's important, and to block it.
Instructor
#108 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 6:27 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 19th Dec 2014 at 6:56 AM.
Paparazzi keep showing up at my Sims house I don't even have any celebrity stars they just mill about making noise and distracting my 14 sim household from looking after themselves by calling them over to talk. My lot is basically a castle fortress I downloaded from the exchange so keeping them out isn't the problem but they're noisy. nosey, life threateningly distracting and they heckle my sims through the windows. Plus I'm roleplaying the Sims as living on a deserted island sooo...?

Does anyone know if the Paparazzi are attracted to rich people? Because my lot is pretty expensive...that and I kind of deleted the rest of the towns population but I turned off celebrities so I really don't get why the nosey bastards are even spawning I've been using Testingcheatsenabled to delete everyone I see but that's only a temporary solution 3 new ones will be outside my gate complaining about not being able to get in and going through my sims trash the next morning.

Does anyone know of a mod that can prevent the game from spawning these assholes entirely? I'm thinking of repopulating the town with ghost sims in the hopes that some other residents will draw their attention elsewhere...either that or make the Paparazzi vampires and watch them burn...hmmm...that'd probaley be an easy way to populate the town with ghosts come to think of it...Alright! Problem solved operation Kill It With Fire starts now.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:43 AM
The answer is 2 posts up: use Twallan's Register mod. Make a setting from city hall to disallow paps.

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Test Subject
#110 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Astraea Nevermore
Last time I used moveobjects on and put them all in a room with no doors
That is very helpful! Thanks, Astraea.
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 5:25 AM
Maybe kill them? It will make them much more entertaining!! Mwhahaha
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:38 PM
I usually disable celebrities completely, but still, I have paparazzis in my town. They don't do anything, don't even takes pictures of anyone, but they just roam the streets...
Not sure how to get rid of them, they are really not needed in a save game where there are no celebs.
One Minute Ninja'd
#113 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mnory
I usually disable celebrities completely, but still, I have paparazzis in my town. They don't do anything, don't even takes pictures of anyone, but they just roam the streets...
Not sure how to get rid of them, they are really not needed in a save game where there are no celebs.

The answer to the dilemma was posted a few times just a few posts up. NRaas Register allows to to remove all paparazzi from your town. It does other stuff, too.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
The answer to the dilemma was posted a few times just a few posts up. NRaas Register allows to to remove all paparazzi from your town. It does other stuff, too.

Ok, thanks, I'll check it out. I have that mod and saw the function as well, but i was kind of afraid to use it, because i want to keep the actual sims - some are friend of my sim, i just wanted them to have a different job.
Instructor
#115 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Razzberry
Maybe kill them? It will make them much more entertaining!! Mwhahaha

Doesn't help, there would be a new one at your Sim's door step.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 12:35 AM Last edited by dailycard : 9th Oct 2015 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by James009
Is there a way to hire or activate bouncers for residential lots to keep these buggers at bay?

Yes but you need to get velvet rope in the sims late night and you need nraas Register mod.Then you made a big sim with no brains and register him or to the velvet rope and they will come right away but after the first day are so they will return of the night club shit so that be 12pm and leave for 6am but the paparazzi still walk through door unless you set the ropes.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#117 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 4:41 PM
This is exactly why I turn of celeb rating at times because they just hound you like crazy. Also in what world does having a child with your occult married spouse get you defamed? I really don't like the logic of this games reporting.
Scholar
#118 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 7:36 PM
Paparazzi can be rather annoying, especially when they annoy sims I never intended to be famous, but in my game at least, they're a minor nuisance that just gets ignored.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 1:45 AM
My 5 star Sims always get stalked by the paparazzi named Vincent Bean, it's so annoying!
Test Subject
#120 Old 16th May 2017 at 10:19 PM
Paparazzi Solution
Build small secret rooms in your home. Invite the Paparazzi into the room. Leave the room. Go into build mode and move the door to the next secret room and lure next Paparazzi into that one. Leave them there till they die off.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 17th May 2017 at 9:11 AM
My builds used to always bare a property wall with a tiny gatehouse to keep out unwanted guests and thieves. Didn't have toruble with thieves, but "paparatz fires" were a thing that happened every now and then... which resulted in haunted lots. And "loneliness" from being in house all the time can be a thing, becaue property wall makes for all being interior, I think.

I disabled paparatz, but still ocassionaly include property wall if in crime neighborhood or for decoration purpose.
Page 5 of 5