Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#126 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
the two rooms were at opposite ends of the house.

._.
why would anyone have babies if that were a realistic portrayal of their lung power?

Okay, so maybe it's a stretch, but maybe not. Depends on the size of the house, really. But in any case, it was a lighthearted response.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 8:52 PM
I frequently make my Sim break space rock blocks (martial arts skill), because he finds all kinds of rare gems inside and makes some serious cash. But any time he does it, all the family members and guests clamor to come watch. They get up out of bed. They stop practicing guitar or making drinks. They neglect going to the bathroom, showering, and eating, just to watch this guy do the same thing they see him do every day. They stand around and cheer, and even if I cancel the 'Watch' interaction, they soon return to continue cheering. I have to make him stop so the other Sims will go eat, because they're running on empty and they have to pee.

And my Simbot - he doesn't have a job, but sometimes I realize he's not in the house and I didn't make him leave. I'll find him riding in a taxi, his action box saying, 'Enter Rabbithole'. He's going to the bookstore/spa. He goes in for just a moment, then comes back out and returns home. I have no idea what this is.
Site Helper
#128 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 12:21 AM
I left my kleptomaniac sim in the park for a few minutes while I checked on his sister. I came back to discover that he had purloined a flower patch, a streetlight, and a bench, and was now happily standing where the bench had been reading a book by the light of the non-existent streetlight. Wouldn't it be easier to read if the light was still there? And wouldn't it be more comfortable if you could actually sit on the bench under the light? But no, he had to steal them!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#129 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tea_am0
And my Simbot - he doesn't have a job, but sometimes I realize he's not in the house and I didn't make him leave. I'll find him riding in a taxi, his action box saying, 'Enter Rabbithole'. He's going to the bookstore/spa. He goes in for just a moment, then comes back out and returns home. I have no idea what this is.

perhaps he feels the call of the wild, but his simbot senses interprets it strangely.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#130 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:31 AM
Mine has two doors leading out of her room. One leading into the bathroom, kind of like a fancy connect, and then one actually leaving her room. She always seems to go through the bathroom, then through the living room, then to the kitchen instead of leaving her room door, going into the living room, then to the kitchen.

Even worse: when someone's in the bathroom, she refuses to leave her room til she can pass through the bathroom. Nothing's blocking her way from the other door either because other sims have used it!

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Scholar
#131 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:50 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned before; as the thread is getting to be a little tl;dr, but my most hated is when you queue an action at, say, 9:00am, and your sim stands there untill 1:45PM!!!! before doing it. (Not including times when you cange outfits, I've got that particular issue covered.) My second most hated is when you have sim A interact with sim B, and they have to walk six blocks away to do the interaction.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#132 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Don't know if it's been mentioned before; as the thread is getting to be a little tl;dr, but my most hated is when you queue an action at, say, 9:00am, and your sim stands there untill 1:45PM!!!! before doing it. (Not including times when you cange outfits, I've got that particular issue covered.) My second most hated is when you have sim A interact with sim B, and they have to walk six blocks away to do the interaction.

My sims do this often. I'll get the popup telling me my sims have an hour until their carpool arrives so I get them to shower/bath quickly and they stand there for 45 sim minutes before getting naked and hopping in! Then they have no time at all to shower!

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Alchemist
#133 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrunkKitty
My sims do this often. I'll get the popup telling me my sims have an hour until their carpool arrives so I get them to shower/bath quickly and they stand there for 45 sim minutes before getting naked and hopping in! Then they have no time at all to shower!

and then they usually take another 45 mins to get OUT of the shower after the action has been canceled.....

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#134 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 10:11 AM

Solution: When sims need to change outfits, PAUSE the game for a minute in RL to allow the cache (I think it's the cache, I've actually forgotten) to "catch up".

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by MATY
Changing outfits causing lags has been mentioned several times in various threads and the only thing you can do in this case is to pause the game before changing to allow the game to load the outfits in the background.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#135 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
and then they usually take another 45 mins to get OUT of the shower after the action has been canceled.....

Mine don't even cancel half the time! They'll be halfway done and their carpool is here so I cancel it and when they actually hop out their hygiene bar is full. -.-

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Forum Resident
#136 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 10:31 AM
This is more to the Repo man but I just had one come and take some of my stuff, despite I had the reward No Bills Ever on one of my Sims >.> Why did he come and take my stuff if one of my Sims had that reward, major WTF! If it didn't stuff up your game I would have deleted that thief (Yes Thief, the Repoman Stole my stuff and the reward object ripped me off lol). Seriously I wish you could kill those Sims though, so annoying.
Theorist
#137 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 6:29 PM
I made a male and female sim and forgot to marry them before moving them in together. I haven't played in a long time so I didn't realize how to make them related.

So they have been living together and had 2 kids and are romantic partners but no one will propose. They have been too busy with the kids and so on to spend a lot of time together. Well, the woman got pregnant again then she and the guy got into some stupid fight when I was trying to get them to hug and be romantic. The man was in a bad mood and they broke up as a couple and despite now having 3 kids they are 'just best friends.' I want them to get married!! I will keep trying.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Theorist
#138 Old 7th Jul 2011 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I made a male and female sim and forgot to marry them before moving them in together. I haven't played in a long time so I didn't realize how to make them related.

So they have been living together and had 2 kids and are romantic partners but no one will propose. They have been too busy with the kids and so on to spend a lot of time together. Well, the woman got pregnant again then she and the guy got into some stupid fight when I was trying to get them to hug and be romantic. The man was in a bad mood and they broke up as a couple and despite now having 3 kids they are 'just best friends.' I want them to get married!! I will keep trying.

I've done this a couple of times... and its backfired a couple of times. You need to use the Goddess/God Cheat - TCE, full bars on the relationship, make the needs static thru the mailbox and lock them in a room and have them make out until you get the propose option. I've had to do that a couple of times too Good luck and happy simming!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#139 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:14 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and advice above. I think I will just play it out as is and see what happens...even though my romantic sim is upset at the breakup, it's kind of like real life. Pressure is getting to them due to the kids and they just can't seem to make a commitment.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#140 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:38 AM
This isn't annoying as much as it is amusing, but how every sim has a crisis when someone's in labor. She drove her fiance to the hospital (which is weird in itself) and calmly walked in the doors while all the townspeople had breakdowns.

I just like how everyone seems to be more concerned about this than the mom is.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#141 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 11:08 AM
I spent many hours remodeling a house for my legacy family in Riverview. Every single room inside the house gives the beautifully decorated moodlet, and has only chairs and sofas with the +++ comfort rating. I took a break from building and decorating, so the outside was only partially finished. When I sent my sims to read skill books for their evening study time, I thought they would pick one of my meticulous rooms specifically designed for maximum comfort and beauty. I thought wrong:

And none of them has the "Loves the Outdoors" trait.

"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible."
Test Subject
#142 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 1:31 PM
I don't know why but my sim also happens to enjoy showering in her... jeans... She doesn't have the "dislikes nudity" trait. Which I think is retarded cos I do have a sim that's like that and she showers/baths in her underwear. Like, seriously? She hates her own naked body. Well, here's a pic of my jean showering sim.

#ps was taken with my iPhone so it's a little eh.

Can't be gettin' mad
What cha mad?
Can't handle that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#143 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 1:28 AM
I don't know why but my sim also happens to enjoy showering in her... jeans... She doesn't have the "dislikes nudity" trait. Which I think is retarded cos I do have a sim that's like that and she showers/baths in her underwear. Like, seriously? She hates her own naked body. Well, here's a pic of my jean showering sim.

#ps was taken with my iPhone so it's a little eh.

might you have the problem here http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ith_clothing_on ? (:
Scholar
#144 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 9:50 AM
my Sim Mom stroll around Sunset Valley with her toddler. She stop in front of the City Hall, then ride her Prius home. Her toddler is crawling all the way home. There's no 'do you need babysitter' notification. I was thinking,"That's your son, you idiot!"

Hey there! :)
Forum Resident
#145 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 11:01 AM
I have this marriage problem. I make Sims in CAS, set them as colleagues , or whatever it is called in English, and when I go to play them they are married. I made four Sims and put them in an apartment. They were supposed to be 4 unrelated Sims. When I went to play them they had unexpectedly gotten married and I had two couples. Then two of them were outside in the Hot tub I had put there when a great big rock fell down and killed them both.
Scholar
#146 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 1:17 PM
In Bridgeport's Clubs, any club, Sims will go to the hotspot, try to get into the VIP section, rejected, come out to the street, repeat that routine...

And one of my SimBot once have a Technophobe trait. He always wake up when sleeps, to do the 'afraid' animations to himself. WTF?

Hey there! :)
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I have this marriage problem. I make Sims in CAS, set them as colleagues , or whatever it is called in English, and when I go to play them they are married. I made four Sims and put them in an apartment. They were supposed to be 4 unrelated Sims. When I went to play them they had unexpectedly gotten married and I had two couples. Then two of them were outside in the Hot tub I had put there when a great big rock fell down and killed them both.

Life of a Sim
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 8:27 PM
What really annoys me is when my sim gets an invitation to a party, so I show up at the house at the proper time, only to find out there's no way to get into the house.

I mean this quite literally, if I try to click on the house to get in no options appear.

To top the stupidity off, when my sim gives up and leaves because no one else is standing around outside the sim who invited them to the party in the first place thanks them for coming!
Field Researcher
#149 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM
My sim won't excavate digsites in Eygpt. She runs all the way out to the middle of nowhere, stomps her foot, and tells me there is something in the way. Unless there are invisible walls I can't see, I think my sim's lying to me. Oh and this...

Really? That's what your going to wear during your pregnancy?

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tea_am0
I frequently make my Sim break space rock blocks (martial arts skill), because he finds all kinds of rare gems inside and makes some serious cash. But any time he does it, all the family members and guests clamor to come watch. They get up out of bed. They stop practicing guitar or making drinks. They neglect going to the bathroom, showering, and eating, just to watch this guy do the same thing they see him do every day. They stand around and cheer, and even if I cancel the 'Watch' interaction, they soon return to continue cheering. I have to make him stop so the other Sims will go eat, because they're running on empty and they have to pee.

I learned to do tuning mods just to fix stupid things like that. It always drove me insane that everyone would stand around in awe at someone with a guitar until they literally piss themselves.

And the simbot thing sounds like Story Progression is pushing the simbot to act like a townie for some reason. Ever notice when you're at the supermarket and random townies pull up and walk in? The game has to fake the townies actually doing something besides sitting in stasis.
Page 6 of 321