Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:00 PM
Default What do you do with your vampires?
What do you do with your vamps since they live sooooooo long?

At the moment I thought it'd be fun to try and get them to amass as many skills as possible, and sleep around a lot.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:07 PM
I got one who acts as a kind of 'guardian' to a family line. He was 'enslaved' to my legacy founder, and since he died, my vampire kept an eye on his daughter for him after he fell for her, but he was rejected and now he's keeping watch on the grandson out of a sense of loyalty and familiarity. He wouldn't know what to do with himself without that family now.

(Yes, I make up stories in my head for my Sims. I don't care if that makes me sad. XD)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:09 PM
It doesn't! The game would be boring with stories!

[edit] I've never actually just played a vampire through... I played around with them when the EP came out, and had a couple that I used as my active family, but really only to test out their capabilities. I do like them being in my towns though, it adds a nice flavor as long as they aren't overrunning the place.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:10 PM
Kill them... kill them with fire. Or if that doesn't work, leave the blinds open.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:16 PM
Spread the blood lust of course.

Spend the nights pumping up the skills, and moonlighting at bars.
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:29 PM
depends on the vampire, really.
usually my adult/YA vamps are too busy doing everything i want them to (never-ending list), so the elders raise the children once theyve been popped. its something of a group effort to run a large household of vampires.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 11:14 AM
I haven't had a vampire yet, but I would like to start a vampire band, the leader would be a vampire, the rest can be common folks. Sims live so short, 100 days (with normal setting + generation tweeks), that making a band where everybody is mortal might be too short time. But if one would be vampire, then there will be more time to explore the band aspect of the game.

But, currently I still have nobody who would like to start a band so it's still just a thing on my wish list.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 12:10 PM Last edited by brillo_pad : 21st Jun 2011 at 10:26 PM.
I've done that ani_ with normal sims in the background and other occult.. so I'd have a simbot on the keyboard, a ghost on the base and a *cough*werewolf*cough* on the drums...

I've currently just startd a kind of legacy thing with the main guy being a vampire his first born is a YA vamp, but the 5 kids he had with his current normal wife aren't (I tweaked the likleyhood of vamp sprog to be less with Nrass SP). So hopefully the vamps will be able to look over the family as it grows... I have a female vampire planned as a child of one of the normal daughters...

I like to play the vampires as if it vampirism is inherited as a recessive trait and two need to come together to create a new vampire whether the parents are homozygous or hetero.. wait, I'll need to add another vamp on the daddy's side.. I may nick William Fangmann from Bridgeport :p#

I don't do vampire bars, I just allow vampires on all the barrier ropes, it just seems less obvious and more secretive that way. I hate the fact that regular sims know about them.

Go suck an elf...
Instructor
#9 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:13 PM
I kill all vampires cause I hate them :P
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:52 PM
I don't have any vamps, and made sure I had Twallans sp and mastercontroller before even playing my game with the vamp expansion. But I do intend to turn few of the townsfolk into vamps soon though. But their population will be strictly controlled.

But right now I am having too much fun playing with my vanilla human family and my evil cackling simbot.
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:59 PM
I don't really play with the "monsters" much. I don't think I've ever seen a Mummy in my game, outside that one in the Egyptian tomb. I did make a Simbot but didn't end up playing that family for very long. I never played with the aliens in TS2, etc...

Though I do have a vampire bar in my current neighborhood and all the staff that work there are vampires, but as far as I know, there aren't any other vamps in town and since service sims can't reproduce in my game, chances of any more are pretty slim.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Alchemist
#12 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:24 PM
I don't play any and don't intend to
Instructor
#13 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:20 PM
Maxis never forced players to deal with mutants, in The Sims and The Sims 2. I have never seen a vampire in The Sims 2. And that was good. It is sad, that I have to use mods to get rid of vamps, because EA never gave us a way to "don't deal with them".
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
Maxis never forced players to deal with mutants, in The Sims and The Sims 2. I have never seen a vampire in The Sims 2. And that was good. It is sad, that I have to use mods to get rid of vamps, because EA never gave us a way to "don't deal with them".

There were the grand vampires in Sims 2, and if you let one person get turned then your entire neighbourhood was turned. Things are much more controlled in Sims 3.
Theorist
#15 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
What do you do with your vamps since they live sooooooo long?

At the moment I thought it'd be fun to try and get them to amass as many skills as possible, and sleep around a lot.

That's exactly what I am doing. Plus they're 5 star celebs (I have 3 - 1 celeb stylist single girl and the other a celeb couple - she's a painter and he's a musician) so they're party animals LOL

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 2:29 AM
I don't have a vamp in my current save... but I was considering turning one of my spare children (that sounds wrong to type... non-heir child) into a vampire to have a good skill set so I don't have to re-level someone with handiness/cooking/gardening every generation.
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 4:03 AM
Mod them. Mod them to the EXTREEEEME.

Mod them so they don't spread like a deadly virus through the unwashed masses of Europe. Like celebrities, I don't think becoming a vampire should be so easy, or that in a matter of days they've turned a city into Wish-universe Sunnydale.

I also try to have them modded so they live forever, will die in sunlight, can feed off sims without consent, and can drain sims to death. I think I have these mods. They could have only been for Sims 2 though...

Yeah, I don't play vampires too often.

After modding came skill leveling, breeding with select sims, turning said sims, living together in the sewers and in abandoned buildings. You know, all the good stuff.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
...can feed off sims without consent, and can drain sims to death. I think I have these mods. They could have only been for Sims 2 though...

If you have them for TS3 can you provide links pretty please? :D

Go suck an elf...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
If you have them for TS3 can you provide links pretty please? :D

There are a few vampire mods on here, just have a search!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:15 PM
I have, I thought I had them all.. clearly not.
I'll have another look tomorrow..

Go suck an elf...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:43 AM
brillo_pad, Here is the list of vampire mods I know of. I doubt I found all of them though.

I copied and pasted the summaries of each mod in the spoiler section.

Mod The Sims Vampire Mods:

Vampire Killer Attack Interaction:
- Enirei

Vampire Raids - No More Police!:
-Tremerion

Autonomous Vampires:
- pcexpert

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul:
- shoni89P

Vampire "Bed" Now Raise Motives!:
- Tremerion

No More Random Puking:
- kakini

No Vampire Neck Tattoo:
- HystericalParoxysm

More Dangerous Sun For Vampires & More:
- Tremerion

More or Less Vampires Days.:
- Tremerion

Dear Vampires, drink from everyone!:
- Tremerion

XML Story Progression: No Vampires, 3 flavours (No Celeb also):
- Shimrod101

Tremerion's Vampire Mods at 4shared:

No Vampire Juice in the Fridge:
- Tremerion

Vampirism cannot be cured:
- Tremerion

Vampire Raids No Police:
- Tremerion

Vampire Hunt Faster:
- Tremerion

TremVampireWorks:
- Tremerion
Forum Resident
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:44 AM
Crazy Town Mods: (Need to register in order to download.)

Autonomous Vampire Mods: (Has teen version)
- bluegenjutsu

Vampire Altars Replenish Energy, Bladder and Hygiene:
- bluegenjutsu

Obsolete Stop Puking When Around Vampires:
- bluegenjutsu

Daywalkers v2:
- Twoftmama

More Awesome Than You Mods:

Anach's Sims 3 Mods:
- Anach
Forum Resident
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 5:01 PM
Bloody hell!! Cheers

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 2:06 AM
Cure them, townies already have enough trouble staying up and/or not peeing themselves to death as normal sims, I don't need to add "sunburn" to their problems.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 3:43 AM
Not much.. Though I did see one one rush past my sim one early morning and then turn to dust in the sun.. Was quite amusing.. Silly vampire sun are for the regular sims..

I didn't realize it was a vampire. As I was looking at the speed this particular town sim was running at and was thinking now isn't that interesting.. Wait that is.. Ooopps.. I guess he shouldn't have had that last one for the road.. LMAO.
Page 1 of 2