Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 1:42 AM
Default Do you know what's missing from Sims 3?
A vacuum cleaner.

Just think of the fun Sims would have had with that. Suction gone wrong, vacuuming up homework, pets ... Dust clouds when the bag gets full. Certain death from tinkering with it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
A vacuum cleaner.

Just think of the fun Sims would have had with that. Suction gone wrong, vacuuming up homework, pets ... Dust clouds when the bag gets full. Certain death from tinkering with it.

And dustbunny gnomes.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 2:46 AM
A vacuum cleaner.

I can already see it:
COMING TO THE STORE IN NEAR FUTURE!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:06 AM Last edited by tigerex_13 : 5th Jul 2013 at 3:44 AM. Reason: rewording
$10 for the vacuum cleaner

$15 for the dust bunny gnome

<insert EA logic here>
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:08 AM
Sims have vacuums. They fly on them.

Sims also sweep, mop and scrub. Since floors don't get dirty (except for spawning a debris object), they have nothing to vacuum up.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:09 AM
Have you guys ever see some auto mobile flat-round shape cleaner? It must be fun to see this little funny think gliding around your house cleaning.

For me, I'd love to have roller skates or skateboard. It must be great to go around town using the skateboard or roller skates.

Horse-carriages as in the cowboy movies.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Sims have vacuums. They fly on them.

Sims also sweep, mop and scrub. Since floors don't get dirty (except for spawning a debris object), they have nothing to sweep up.

Why do you have to spoil fairycake89's dreams? It was funny.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:12 AM
This is coming from someone named dreamfoil?

Ok.

Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:16 AM
This is coming from someone named dreamfoil?

Ok.

Dreamfoil is a WoW reference, chosen because finding a name on a popular forum is hard if you don't want numbers in your name. And because I suck at coming up with names.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dreamfoil
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:17 AM
meh to the unbelievers! and huggles to the believers! I know full well there is carpet in the game and can you imagine how actually yucky they are with no vacuum cleaner? All that waffle batter trodden into them, pet wee, sim wee .. ectoplasm and fleas! We need a cleaner and it neeeeeds to be called the Dysim.

Yes, dreamfoil, they are my dreams and thank you <3
One Minute Ninja'd
#11 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:21 AM
They missed their chance of filling the house with fur dust bunnies when Pets came out.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#12 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:35 AM
I remember saying, way back when it was just the Base game, how the game needed washers and dryers. My friend was like "No way, they already have too much housework to do!"

Well, we got 'em.

Maybe it could be a combo vacumm/wet vac, so your sims could mop up puddles as well as do their Hoovering.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:53 AM
I would like to see Sims playing with Rubik's Cubes.

"There is no spoon!"

-- Neo; The Matrix (1999)
Forum Resident
#14 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:56 AM
lol if you gave my sim a Rubik's Cubes he'd most likely blow it up
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 3:56 AM
What I think is missing, is the the amusing hysteria of it's players. I just read the "Whoa. Sims 2 off Origin" thread and it was the most entertaining thing I've read in ages. My favorite point is always "EA is forcing people to stop playing TS2".

TS4 should be out in less than 9 month and I'm already scared of the day EA goons break into my house, scare my cat, break all my TS3 discs and cover my registration codes with black marker so I can't read them any more to force me to play TS4
Forum Resident
#16 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:00 AM
EA is,well, EA what more needs to be said?
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
What I think is missing, is the the amusing hysteria of it's players. I just read the "Whoa. Sims 2 off Origin" thread and it was the most entertaining thing I've read in ages. My favorite point is always "EA is forcing people to stop playing TS2".

TS4 should be out in less than 9 month and I'm already scared of the day EA goons break into my house, scare my cat, break all my TS3 discs and cover my registration codes with black marker so I can't read them any more to force me to play TS4

Yes, yes! Hide in the birdcage!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamfoil
Dreamfoil is a WoW reference, chosen because finding a name on a popular forum is hard if you don't want numbers in your name. And because I suck at coming up with names.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Dreamfoil

Ok, for starters I wasn't insulting you (to those who disagreed). I was playing up the individual parts of your name, which would be a foiled dream. Mix those up, you get dreamfoil. I guess no one got that.

Please, do not be offended.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:41 AM
Ok, for starters I wasn't insulting you (to those who disagreed). I was playing up the individual parts of your name, which would be a foiled dream. Mix those up, you get dreamfoil. I guess no one got that.

Please, do not be offended.

All good, sarcasm doesn't translate well on the net

The herb's name is ironic because it use to be one of most used herbs. I lost alot of sleep spending so much time farming for it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
TS4 should be out in less than 9 month and I'm already scared of the day EA goons break into my house, and scare my cat.

bastards. ...
Inventor
#21 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 5:22 AM
I converted the "vacuum cleaner" robot from Sims2 open for business to Sims3. but doesn't work on patch 1.55.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 5:44 AM
^^ thats amazing! <3
Instructor
#23 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 6:59 AM
A vacuum cleaner.

My mind goes to weird places when I'm sick with a cold. Must be all the medicine I'm doped up on.
Test Subject
#24 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I converted the "vacuum cleaner" robot from open for business to Sims3. but doesn't work on patch 1.55.

I NEED IT!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 2:37 PM
My Sims could do with a Roomba. You just take the radio controller car from TS2, code its pathfinding to work in TS3, and slap a Roomba model on it. Boom.
And the Rubik's Cube idea mentioned earlier sounds cool too. Imagine if Sims would just randomly bust out cubes while idling, like they do with their phones in TS4.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 1 of 2