Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:52 AM Last edited by KuraiNekoMT13 : 13th May 2018 at 1:11 AM.
Need to find mods that will fix some stuff that is really ticking me off in the game.
Okay so I have a few problems and I am sick and tired of them. So to put it simply I am trying to find mods that can fix some rather annoying things in the game, I have also had a bit of an issue with sims doing stuff I did not tell them to when I have the settings set to "Disable autonomy for selected sim/pet". Here is an overview on what my issues are that I am hoping there is some mods out there that can fix it.

-Rebel/Avant Garde sim has critiqued the same damn flower pot about 10 freaking times already. This is ridiculous and I am sick of my rebel sims doing this, it is more of a pain when I am controlling them and even though they are not supposed to do crap anyways autonomously due to my settings they still do. Now I don't want to hear any stupid jokes about "Them Rebelling against me, since they are a Rebel sim" this is highly annoying to me and I am not in the mood for jokes (Okay fine maybe some jokes would be nice), I am serious here. I need a way to stop them auto critiquing stuff when I am controlling them, or better yet get them to stop auto critiquing stuff in general or at least lessen it greatly.

-Mascot is bugging me. Now as much as I love university and all that it offers, I am really sick of the mascot bugging my sims and whining about not being able to get in my house or my backyard to use my pool without permission. Need I remind them, I don't know them so why the hell would I let them in my house, and using someone's pool on their private household lot without asking is just rude. I would like a mod that does something along the lines of removing the mascot or at least make them leave the welcome basket and leave, instead of whining to get into my house or yard. This may not exist and the mascot is not my biggest problem, number one is my problem right now. I have seen a no mascot zoom mod that keeps the camera from auto panning to the mascot, so that would work too, but I can not seem to find it again.

-I don't give a crap about the time portal. This one is a bit less of a deal as I have seen a mod that will make the camera NOT auto pan to the portal, again can't seem to find that again anyways. So if possible I would like to find that mod again, I did see it on here, but it seems a lot of the content I used often has got removed or something, but this was useful and I liked having the mods that keep the camera from auto panning while I am playing to just show the portal or mascot. If you can help me find both of those again I will be thankful!

-No more auto check out new object. Again not the biggest problem I am having at the moment, my biggest problem is my controlled sim doing stuff I did not want them to while I was controlling them and had the settings to disable autonomy. This would be nice though since it is kind of tiresome when the sims are going around a newly bought house that just so happened to have a few things in it and getting overly excited about it. I would like something that disabled this action all together, thank you.

I think that is all for now, thanks in advanced. I could really use some help for these things so that I can stop getting annoyed by it when playing. I am not sure if some mods I am asking for exist or not, but if you can find something just as good, then I will be thankful. See you all!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:46 AM
No check out new object
no portal zoom
no mascot zoom

not sure about the critiquing one, haven't seen a mod for it

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2018 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 4amMist
No check out new object
no portal zoom
no mascot zoom

not sure about the critiquing one, haven't seen a mod for it

Thank you so much, and it is fine maybe someone will come forward with the answer to that issue. But you found a fix for all 3 of my other issues, so thank you!
Alchemist
#4 Old 13th May 2018 at 8:34 AM
Here's an ITUN edit that should disable sims from Critiquing stuff unless user-directed.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sweetdevil_NoCritiqueArt_163.zip (1.4 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2018 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Here's an ITUN edit that should disable sims from Critiquing stuff unless user-directed.

Thanks but he kept critiquing a flower pot, not art XD Or does any decor count as art in the game? Also where are the instructions? It was made by you but you don't seem to have it on your Mod The Sims downloads anywhere.
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th May 2018 at 5:58 AM Last edited by sweetdevil : 18th May 2018 at 6:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
Thanks but he kept critiquing a flower pot, not art XD Or does any decor count as art in the game? Also where are the instructions? It was made by you but you don't seem to have it on your Mod The Sims downloads anywhere.

I didn't submit it to MTS because it's such a small mod and didn't see the point in doing so
It modifies the CritiqueArt_IGameObject ITUN, so if you have anything else that modifies that, they will conflict. Otherwise it's pretty much the regular "put into your Packages folder".
Is the sim still Critiquing objects on his own, even with the mod?

Edit: maybe you have a mod conflict? I just tested this with an Avant Garde sim on a lot full of paintings and plants, and he didn't Critique anything on his own. Maybe try deleting scriptcache?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 18th May 2018 at 1:55 PM
@sweetdevil - Thank you for that ITUN. Now I can use the Avant Garde trait again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd May 2018 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I didn't submit it to MTS because it's such a small mod and didn't see the point in doing so
It modifies the CritiqueArt_IGameObject ITUN, so if you have anything else that modifies that, they will conflict. Otherwise it's pretty much the regular "put into your Packages folder".
Is the sim still Critiquing objects on his own, even with the mod?

Edit: maybe you have a mod conflict? I just tested this with an Avant Garde sim on a lot full of paintings and plants, and he didn't Critique anything on his own. Maybe try deleting scriptcache?

Sorry for not replying sooner, so far it seems to work fine actually, if there are any problems I will let you know. Thank you.