Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:33 AM
Default Jacoban vs Peteran
Which do you prefer playing with?

My very first kingdom had Peteran but in my current second one, I decided to put in the Jacoban for the sake of trying something different. For some reason I just don't want to put both in the same kingdom, it would get too messy and confusing IMO.

The Peteran church is obviously the more wholesome and benevolent one, but I don't think the Jacoban church is entirely so evil even though it's obviously meant to be the forceful and close minded and not-quite-so-nice church to serve as the Peteran church's foil.

For some reason Jacoban priests seem to get more quests and bring in more quest options though. Their quests are also a lot more awesome than what the Peteran priests get IMO.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:46 AM
I think it's a lot more fun to have both. I wish you could name the religions, though. I reaaally want a church dedicated to my first monarch. <_< And then a second church dedicated to the hero that slew the monarch. >_>

The Jacoban quests are indeed more interesting, but there is something satisfying about having a gambling compulsive sister of the Peteran church go on a quest to rid herself of her fatal flaw.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:01 AM
In my first kingdom, I only had Peteran, but for my second one I have both. I like playing the Jacoban one more, they seem a tad bit...well, evil which seems like more fun to me, since they preach with fear XD It's nice to have both considering in the Medieval times religion was a huge contact, nice to stay true to the story.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:14 AM Last edited by LoonehWannabe : 27th Mar 2011 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Typo
Although I prefer not having churches or religion at all, I would rather use the Jacoban church than the Peteran church. I have always liked evil and darkness, so it was suited for my "if you annoy me, you're dead" attitude.

I did, however, make my spy become a Peteran just to poison the well at the church...