Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 7:08 AM
These demos don't make sense. Do the people who are putting together this marketing play the game? Like one of the highlights of that video should have been the ease of transfering a complete sim from one game to another. That story was wack and stupid and their attempt to capture the 18-35 year old male demographic is transparent and sad. Not that they shouldn't go after new markets, but have they released a demo that answered the questions of their customer base at all?

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 12:26 AM
I spend an unnecessary amount of time creating my sims and spend 5 minutes playing them.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LunarRain
I spend an unnecessary amount of time creating my sims and spend 5 minutes playing them.

The Sims 4 developers will LOVE you.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:45 PM
i would love to get rotational play in TS4 without having to resort to using major loads of Mods just to make it possible like in TS3.
Scholar
#55 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 3:27 PM
I do alternate between families, but make a legacy out of maybe 3 or 4. I ended up with one neighbourhood on my old laptop where I had got to gen7 of several families who inter - married and I played them all and built houses for them from scratch. I liked to see a whole neighbourhood.

Equally I like focusing on one family and invested in them more. When I played all those families to gen7 I felt like I was just organising births, deaths and marriages rather than developing the individual sims and storylines.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Mad Poster
#56 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 1:22 PM
i play a legacy rotation style with TS3 and I'm using 58 NRaas mod package files with heavy customization in the settings to have the rotation play option even though time still passes globally and that still works out fine for rotation legacy play.I'm developing a story and the lives of the residents of my towns where I play my games.I tried playing just one family and got bored too easily and found out I couldn't play the rotation play I wanted to without Modding my game out heavily.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 3:12 PM
Technically, how would rotational gameplay work in an open world?

I would imagine it being that every other family still goes about their lives, but nothing really happens to them off the lots your active sims are on. They don't die, they don't gain job performances, they don't change in relationships.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 9:47 PM
This might be a personal thing, but I feel like EA tries to make the most insane sims.

Like those two sims from one of the trailers that are wearing lucha masks. Will anyone actually use those when the game comes out? Or the family from the TS3 intro video that had their entire house in leopard print, including the toddler's hat, which was the only thing it was wearing. And in The Sims 2 you could actually make the pink gorilla suit and other mascots your sim's regular outfit. That's funny, maybe, but a complete eyesore that I could never look at for long.

My point is that EA likes to make weird characters while I like playing with my perfect dollies in their perfect house. That's probably why I hate to play pre-mades.
Instructor
#59 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 1:47 AM
I like normal people that do normal things. I have no use for a rocket or cupcake machine.
Theorist
#60 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunarRain

I do that too, which is why the only things I like about TS4 so far have to do with CAS. I like the hats on any hair, boots over pants, and walk styles. However, I wouldn't say EA has people like me in mind either, because I spend a lot of my time in CAS recoloring/retexturing outfits with CASt and it would be sorely missed.

When I do make it out of CAS, my play style varies. I'm not exactly sure the definition of legacy play style, but I don't think I play that way. 3-generations deep is the furthest I've ever gotten in a family, mostly because I can't stand to see my lovingly crafted sims age and die, and I find kids annoying to play (not to mention they are hideously ugly in TS3). The different ways I play (I'll make up the play style names because I don't know the formal style names):

- Small Household. I stick with a small household of 1-4 sims and role play their lives, as they each have backstories in my head (I don't bother with the Bio). I fulfill their wants, life wants, get them in relationships, break up other sims' relationships, etc. I usually play this way only if I've only made a handful of sims to put in the town, because I only play the ones I made. Is this kind of like the EA play style?
- Rapid-rotational. I have aging off, and Nraas Story Progression tuned to affect only EA sims and not mine. I usually started with a single small household, but as I gradually add more sims to the hood, I'll jump between them (just CTRL+click with Awesomemod). Sometimes I'll even switch households several times per sim day. If all the sims in the fambly are tied up in rabbitholes or doing something super boring like reading a skill book, I'll switch to someone else.
- Big Brother Style. Well, maybe I should call it "Real World Style" because it's probably more similar to what I've heard of that show, but I don't have MTV so never seen it. I'll make 8 adult sims (YA thru elder), total misfits with no connection to each other, and throw them in a house where they hookup, cheat on, love, and hate each other. They wreak havok on the town, wrecking relationships and populating the town with illegitimate children, that kind of thing.

I do like a lot of chaos and stupid stuff happening in my game, but dying of laughter, that's even too stupid for me.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 7:03 PM
My style of gameplay involves staying the fuck away from TS4.

why did i pick this username
Mad Poster
#62 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 11:42 PM
I've always played rotations-and I never did get Sims 3, so I don't know first-hand what the difficulties one encountered were..but from what I've read, that kind of playstyle just doesn't trip the trigger.

So my playstyle differs from EA's in one sense-it's fun.
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:01 AM
I'm sort of a legacy player who lacks the commitment to actually see it through. I like to start off with a 3 person family (parents and infant/toddler) and just play through the generations. I've gotten roughly three generations in on Sims 3 and a little further on Sims 2. I think part of it is because I have a huge interest in genealogy and I become quite attached to my families (apparently not attached enough since I often restart them).
Page 3 of 3