Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubble Pop
Really impressive Mumty. Take my hat off to you. They need to scrap everything and incorporate everything you stated and how you stated it.

This is an example of someone with the heart for The Sims

EA and Simsgurus take note and be put to shame.

Aww thank you -hugs-
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubble Pop
Fire everyone, Hire Will Wright and let him take it from there.
Or even better... Twallen. (Did I misspell that?)
Forum Resident
#53 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 2:24 AM
I'd quit, and start my own company, because it would mean I'd work for EA...

Alright, fine. I'd:

-Delay the game obviously... Not gonna let EA give me tight deadlines.
-Toddlers and Pools (Duh)
-Keep the districts system, but make it more logical (You can go anywhere in the district without hitting a loadscreen)
-Add a Sims 2 style neighborhood editor, with a bit of SimCity style terraforming and a district rezoning tool.
-Add CASt back in, but make a system that assigns coordinate ranges in the color wheel as certain colors (for genetics, and other color recognition purposes...)
-Add personality points back on top of traits for more fleshed out personalities.
-Have a market district system... (Basically a special district where your sims can buy a business, and use OFB-like mechanics to own your own shop.
-Cats, Dogs, and rain in base game.
-Clothing shopping.
-Add some new, unique quirky elements (not rehashes of old sim stuff, or dumb things that anyone could come up with given a few seconds.), like an NPC that is a fish door to door salesman, who can slap your sims with a fish if he doesn't like them, or sell them a random fish that could be helpful or harmful...
Field Researcher
#54 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 2:59 AM
Put the online part back into this game. Call it Sims PayPlay the sequel to freeplay but, charge a little for it. Start over from scratch with 4.
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 4:07 AM
I agree with most of these suggestions.

One thing that somebody already mentioned that I have ALWAYS wanted, was to be able to expand your sim's family tree beyond your immediate family inside of CAS. Whether you create relatives (that aren't in your household) or attach your sim to preexisting sim's family trees, I think that'd be awesome! Like a "World" family tree or something...

And with the new genetics features (creating siblings and parents etc) in TS4, I think it'd fit in quite nicely.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
if this goes happen:

Yes please!
Inventor
#57 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:59 AM
Take the money and run, the game is a fucking train wreck.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Field Researcher
#58 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
Take the money and run, the game is a fucking train wreck.

I was gonna say 'burn it with fire and get insurance money', but this is good too.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:08 AM
Make CAS like it will be in the game but add CASt and layered clothing.

Make the game area silently load in the background while the camera scrolls around like literally every other open world game.

I would have allocated resources to the development of the life stages FIRST and made a couple more: Toddler (1-3), Young Child (4-5), Child (6-10), Pre-teen, (11-13) Teen, (14-17) Young Adult (18-34), Adult, (35-64), Elder (65-90).

Given it a cross between TS3 and the current TS4's graphics.

Added aliens.

Added lots that can be visited such as the grocery store and clothing stores.
Inventor
#60 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:55 PM
Write an open apology letter to everyone and commit Seppuku.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#61 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 5:44 PM Last edited by High Plains Gamer : 7th Jul 2014 at 6:15 PM.
This is a trick question, yes? I would not take over the Sims 4 in its current condition. It is hopelessly FUBARed, and its sales will bomb. Anyone involved in this project will be tarred with its failure. Managing this project at this stage will be a career ruining endeavor.

Instead, I would want to take over the Sims 5. This, of course, assumes there will be a Sims 5 after the Sims 4 bombs. Most likely, after th Sims 4 bombs, the suits will decide there is no interest in a life simulator like the Sims, and will kill the franchise altogether, much as they did with Sim City Societies -- not realizing that their last major effort sucked. Honestly, I am expecting to see one Sims 4 EP before they bring the franchise to a close. And that's because the first EP is probably already done.

As for the Sims 5, I would make it a 64 bit game. Memory limits would no longer be a problem. I would start with the Sims 3 base code, or as much of it as could be used. I would optimize it for a 64 bit environment. I would probably add more polygons to the Sims themselves to allow for greater detail. I would also use larger textures: Instead of the current 1048 x 1048 textures, I would go to 2096 x 2096 or even 4192 x 4192 textures, and leave plenty of room for things like accessories and multi-meshes. With this additional resolution, we would have far more detailed sims. We could probably even do photorealistic sims.

I don't know if I would focus on gradual aging, but I would add more life stages. Baby, toddler, preschooler, elementary schooler, middle schooler, high schooler, young adult, parenting age, post menopause, retirement age, elder and old old.

I would work on the trait system. Instead of limiting the number of traits, I would allow players to buy traits. Some traits would be more expensive than others, and some would even have a negative number. So, if you want your sim to be a genius, you might have to take the insane trait (which has a negative cost) to pay for it. Sims would gain experience at every birthday and for completing tasks which would allow them to purchase traits. Whenever a Sim did something consistent with one of his traits, he would gain experience, whenever he did something inconsistent with one of his traits, he would lose experience.

As for skills, you use them or lose them. If you have an athletic skill, but don't work out, you lose it. If you play an instrument, but don't practice, you lose it. If you have a game playing skill, but don't play the game, you lose it. That means if you want to excel at any skill, you have to devote yourself to it.

I would work on the artificial intelligence. Sims would have scripts which would determine their default actions. For example, they would get up in the morning, take a shower, brush their teeth, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat supper, watch TV, and go to bed. If you want your sim to do something different (i.e. go shopping, go to the gym, etc.) you have to intervene.

Not only would I keep the open world, I would expand on it. Instead of being one square mile, worlds would be hundreds of square miles, consist of multiple communities and have thousands, if not millions of sims. The game would have a massive database of the various sims living in the world. Whenever my sim showed up at a location, work, school, a store, the gym, etc., the game would either draft a suitable sim (eg an athletic sim for the gym) or generate a new sim on the fly to insure that venues were always populated. When a new sim is generated, it is popped into the database, and assigned a home and a job.

I would eliminate the rabbitholes. Instead, you sim would go to work or school. While there, they would do a certain default action(s), like working at a desk, writing at a blackboard, etc., unless the player intervenes and gives them something else to do. They would gain promotions (grades) by completing tasks. For example, a child sim completing a homework project would improve their grade, while a worker who finished a report might earn a promotion. These tasks would never be one of the default tasks, but would require player initiative, This means that sims would not earn promotions simply by sitting on their butts, but they would have to work for them.

The game would generate opportunities based on a Sims traits. For example, if your sim liked going to concerts, a friend with a similar trait might invite your sim to go to a concert. There might be local races for the athletic types, A science fair for the kids. A spelling bee for the smaller kids. A friend's birthday party for a preschooler. Being asked out on a date for a single sim. And so on. There would be clubs sims could attend, perhaps a computer users group for computer geeks, a community theater for the drama types, a community band or orchestra for the musical types, a book club for the bookish types, a sports league for the athletic types, and so on.

Everything would be customizable with few proprietary formats. For example, music would be in an MP3 format, while videos would use AVI. One could design new clubs and organizations. Pictures could be changed simply by dropping a JPEG picture on them. If you wanted a custom radio station or a custom TV (or cable) station, you would simply have a list of MP3 or AVI files for those stations. New jobs could be created with a job creation utility. Of course, there would be bodyshop, and object creation workshop and a functioning CAW.

Anyway, that's what I would do for the Sims 5.
Alchemist
#62 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
Anyway, that's what I would do for the Sims 5.

Take my money now!
Scholar
#63 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:38 PM
Quote:
I would allow players to buy traits.

That sounds incredibly dumb, I have to say.

Also, given what you'd do for Sims 5, that sounds like it would cut out a large percentage of the player base. It sounds like I'd need a freaking super computer to play the damn thing. And I'm sure I'm not the only Sim player who has money issues, however which way they may have sprung from.

C-A
Scholar
#64 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
I would work on the trait system. Instead of limiting the number of traits, I would allow players to buy traits. Some traits would be more expensive than others, and some would even have a negative number. So, if you want your sim to be a genius, you might have to take the insane trait (which has a negative cost) to pay for it. Sims would gain experience at every birthday and for completing tasks which would allow them to purchase traits. Whenever a Sim did something consistent with one of his traits, he would gain experience, whenever he did something inconsistent with one of his traits, he would lose experience.

Sounds great.

During initial CAS, you'd get unlimited points. Don't want to lock away trait combinations.

It's in-game-born/raised Sims who will be affected. A Sim born to a happy mother, who hit all their developmental milestones on time, and who did well in school could afford great traits. A Sim born to a miserable mother, developmentally delayed, and who scraped by with a D average will most likely be an unlovable loser.

The fluid trait system should be explained as "in-character" / "out-of-character". Do enough in-character actions to gain an associated trait. Do enough out-of-character actions to lose the trait. And this could be turned on or off.

Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
[Buying traits] sounds incredibly dumb, I have to say.

I think he meant like Lifetime Rewards. Not with real money.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Scholar
#65 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 7:01 PM
Quote:
It's in-game-born/raised Sims who will be affected. A Sim born to a happy mother, who hit all their developmental milestones on time, and who did well in school could afford great traits. A Sim born to a miserable mother, developmentally delayed, and who scraped by with a D average will most likely be an unlovable loser.

Why is everyone thinking that a kid from a person who had the milestones and all that would be happy or have great traits? Have you never encountered a parent with their child, and the child is so unlike them that you almost question whether they're related? I'd rather see that. Hey, you have a musical mother who sang opera and is the world famous Soloist? Awesome! But her child is absolutely tone deaf and lazy as anything. Huh. Genetics are funny things.

Quote:
I think he meant like Lifetime Rewards. Not with real money.

I know he didn't mean real money, I still think it's a dumb idea. You can't just BUY yourself a trait in real life, anyway. Why should I do it in a game? A better idea would be if doing certain things would INFLUENCE the traits and maybe add one (or maybe even remove) to the Sim. Like, a sim that (autonomously or if you tell him) makes his bed often and cleans up would gain a point in the Neat trait. The more they do it, the more likely they'll clean up autonomously and gain enjoyment out of cleaning.

C-A
Forum Resident
#66 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 7:09 PM
Why is everyone thinking that a kid from a person who had the milestones and all that would be happy or have great traits? Have you never encountered a parent with their child, and the child is so unlike them that you almost question whether they're related? I'd rather see that. Hey, you have a musical mother who sang opera and is the world famous Soloist? Awesome! But her child is absolutely tone deaf and lazy as anything. Huh. Genetics are funny things.

I know he didn't mean real money, I still think it's a dumb idea. You can't just BUY yourself a trait in real life, anyway. Why should I do it in a game? A better idea would be if doing certain things would INFLUENCE the traits and maybe add one (or maybe even remove) to the Sim. Like, a sim that (autonomously or if you tell him) makes his bed often and cleans up would gain a point in the Neat trait. The more they do it, the more likely they'll clean up autonomously and gain enjoyment out of cleaning.

C-A

1st Paragraph: This. I agree.
2nd Paragraph: I think High Plains Gamer wants to implement an RPG-like character creation with the buying of traits. However I agree with you C-A, I don't like this idea, at all.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#67 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:53 PM
Well Sims isn't an RPG and it shouldn't get RPG elements. It's like putting monsters into a harvest moon game. Yeah, they actually did that in DS and DS Cute. And did it work? No. The monsters were annoying to deal with in the mines and often threw you across the screen, down a hole and you lost all your progress cause you fainted because you fell too far and your Health went to 0/Fatigue went to 100. (And don't mention Rune Factory, that's a different series)

C-A
Scholar
#68 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 10:09 PM
Why is everyone thinking that a kid from a person who had the milestones and all that would be happy or have great traits? Have you never encountered a parent with their child, and the child is so unlike them that you almost question whether they're related? I'd rather see that.

I should have been clearer. It would be more like TS3 birth / age-up trait selection, only instead of the forced random traits for imperfect upbringing, you would be locked away from the desirable traits / only able to choose undesirable traits the worse off the kid grows up. Or you could always roll the dice.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 4:22 AM
You would be able to create your own neighbourhood from scratch (like sims 2 but more detailed. ) In sims 3 caw it is really confusing.
I would also make the game quicker because sims 3 took ages to load.
Less rabbit holes
Traits make your sims even more unique.
Scholar
#70 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 6:26 PM
I would turn TS4 into a first person shooter, taking place in a pool most of the time and you have to play as toddler. I don't know why really.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweet simmer
You would be able to create your own neighbourhood from scratch (like sims 2 but more detailed. ) In sims 3 caw it is really confusing.
I would also make the game quicker because sims 3 took ages to load.
Less rabbit holes
Traits make your sims even more unique.

1) Good idea
2) Already in Sims 4
3) Already in Sims 4
4) Already in Sims 4

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 3 of 3