Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:25 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 6th Jul 2014 at 8:29 AM.
For $80.00?

Hail naw.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:47 AM
I'd think of it as being a crappy, two-bit version of The Sims. So I wouldn't, I'd just wait for The Sims 4 to come out.

IF ONLY.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Shasta~
Let's just imagine this is a completely different game. It has nothing to do with the Sims series. It's just another life sim / god game. Nobody is disappointed about the lack of certain features (pools, toddlers, CASt, etc.) because we never expected them in the first place.

You see this neat looking game in the electronics section of Walmart or wherever else you shop. Would you buy it?

I think I would, and that's why I think I'm probably going to get TS4, even though it is missing a lot of features that I wish it had. And if I don't like it, EA won't get another penny from me. (Except for Dragon Age: Inquisition, that is )

Sorry if this thread is uncalled for or redundant. I still haven't learned how to not be an idiot on the interwebz.

Yeah, for my six year old .
Field Researcher
#29 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:04 PM
Nope, never!
I would think it was some kind of bad Indie spinoff of The Sims.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:23 PM
actually, this is an interesting question.. i'm sure that i would be interested if there was another life simulator. but if i bought it, i would know that it wouldn't be as good as the sims.. especially with the things it's missing. like someone else said, i would also read the reviews before buying and probably watch videos, lol
Alchemist
#31 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:26 PM
Uh, I rarely buy any other games (mostly because I prioritate my money on more important things) so probably not.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#32 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:35 PM
I woudn't buy it cos it would look like a graphically dumbed down version of The Sims intended for mobile online play, but with the servers permanently down.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#33 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsTias
Nope, never!
I would think it was some kind of bad Indie spinoff of The Sims.

Don't insult Indie games like that. There have been some great ones over past few years.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 2:23 PM
Nope. Haven't seen anything interesting yet that I don't already have in my TS2 game. I see no point in playing with partying rich young adults right out of a soap opera.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Don't insult Indie games like that. There have been some great ones over past few years.

Didn't say indie games were bad. I said that It looks like a bad Indie game xD
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 2:43 PM
While admitting that hind sight is 20/20, they clearly would have been better off sticking to their online plan and call it The Sims Online 2. Then they could have promised us a real The Sims 4 to be released in a few more years.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 2:51 PM
If it didn't have "Sims" in it's title I would just think that it's a Sims clone but done worse.
Scholar
#38 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:30 PM
EA would still be making it, and you expect me to get it? Please.

Even if the EA label wasn't attached to it, and thus we couldn't compare it to The Sims series, it would still be a mess of a game, and my seeing of any potential of a better "The Sims" series in it would simply not be there. It's a terrible place to start.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#39 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 7:47 PM
If it was called BS would you buy it? Basically that is what everyone is saying: just call it what it is.
Page 2 of 2