Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 8:38 PM
Default How can we change this ish?
All I know is we all should be mad as hell. EA sucks, yes, but we can't put ALL of the blame on the top-heads - they are paid to hire people to head projects, and put their faith in them. Simple.

All the threads and posts complaining about this and that, MIGHT help, but it is damn obvious that the dumb ass "gurus" give 0 fucks about what you want and what the series needs to thrive.

I've literally come back from a hiatus on The Sims. 3 was hella boring in the ladder, but TS2 remains king. So, when I literally just found out about all the cuts and the HILARIOUSLY pathetic excuses the damn "gurus" gave, it made me mad as hell. They had YEARS to work on this shit (And they even said YEARS when they first hinted at this shit) and they gave us a very insulting excuse.

WE are the ones who literally have their studio running! I actually feel bad FOR EA because they are stuck with one of the most laughed about studios in the gaming industry, and they are only keeping it open because of us core fans. So why the hell do the "gurus" - who are in charge, feel like they can fuck us like that? I feel we have allowed them to do all this when they were introducing some of the dumbest and useless features in the later games of TS3.

Main point is: I don't know what we can do but I feel like EA should know about it.

and to all the gurus who read this (i know you do because i mean, what the hell else are you doing?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thankfully Not A Sim Guru

and to all the gurus who read this (i know you do because i mean, what the hell else are you doing?)
Playing hide and seek in their maze?

The best you can do is to speak with your wallet. Don't buy this game, or any other EA game. Too many people rain verbal fire and brimstone down on EA, but throw their money at them nonetheless as soon as the next big thing arrives, be it Titanfall or The Sims 4 or whatever. So putting that money where yo mouth is is the best I can advice you

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 9:18 PM
Why are people here so angry? I don't understand. They are kind enough to give us a remake of the classic Sims 1 in 360 degrees 3D. They wanted to go back to the "roots of the franchise". I think they are doing a great job there! They are faithful (except for swimming pools and swimwear). You people are so mistaken. This new Sims game is not a "numbered" game ie. it is not Sims 4. EA is giving us a remake of the original.

I support EA!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 9:44 PM
All I know is we all should be mad as hell. EA sucks, yes, but we can't put ALL of the blame on the top-heads - they are paid to hire people to head projects, and put their faith in them. Simple.

All the threads and posts complaining about this and that, MIGHT help, but it is damn obvious that the dumb ass "gurus" give 0 fucks about what you want and what the series needs to thrive.

I've literally come back from a hiatus on The Sims. 3 was hella boring in the ladder, but TS2 remains king. So, when I literally just found out about all the cuts and the HILARIOUSLY pathetic excuses the damn "gurus" gave, it made me mad as hell. They had YEARS to work on this shit (And they even said YEARS when they first hinted at this shit) and they gave us a very insulting excuse.

WE are the ones who literally have their studio running! I actually feel bad FOR EA because they are stuck with one of the most laughed about studios in the gaming industry, and they are only keeping it open because of us core fans. So why the hell do the "gurus" - who are in charge, feel like they can fuck us like that? I feel we have allowed them to do all this when they were introducing some of the dumbest and useless features in the later games of TS3.

Main point is: I don't know what we can do but I feel like EA should know about it.

It's your lack of any real world experience that is hilarious. It's been a very long time, so I don't exactly remember how things work in junior high, but in the adult working world bosses make the decisions.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 10:07 PM
The bosses make the decision but I rule with holding out, not issuing my credit card or monies. Call me a sucker or someone making noise but will buy it anyway, I can show you better than tell you.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
It's your lack of any real world experience that is hilarious. It's been a very long time, so I don't exactly remember how things work in junior high, but in the adult working world bosses make the decisions.

Oh! I mean it's not like I wasn't here asking what we could do, but I find it even more hilarious that you and all the little simmies who liked your incredibly well-put together post, don't realize that when you have a big ass company like EA, who has TONS of development studios in broad areas, how far does that travel?

think.

The fucking people in charge of the development, "GURUS", are the people in charge of the FUCKING development.

I can GUARANTEE that the "BOSSES" at EA don't give a FUCK about what core-fans want, because guess what, that's not what they are in charge of. That is a development issue, nothing more.

But A+ to you and your followers turning something completely into something different so you can remain a pathetic badass on a damn internet forum.

"in the real world bosses make the decisions" FUCKING REALLY!? Oh.My.God, I thought it was the employees i need to go back to high school my god what was I thinking. yeah, they made one. They chose to do the exact same thing they did with TS3, put in the hands of that group.

Fucking pathetic ass starting shit on a forum. get some air.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellken
Why are people here so angry? I don't understand. They are kind enough to give us a remake of the classic Sims 1 in 360 degrees 3D. They wanted to go back to the "roots of the franchise". I think they are doing a great job there! They are faithful (except for swimming pools and swimwear). You people are so mistaken. This new Sims game is not a "numbered" game ie. it is not Sims 4. EA is giving us a remake of the original.

I support EA!

LAWL

where i was once blind now i see
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Playing hide and seek in their maze?

The best you can do is to speak with your wallet. Don't buy this game, or any other EA game. Too many people rain verbal fire and brimstone down on EA, but throw their money at them nonetheless as soon as the next big thing arrives, be it Titanfall or The Sims 4 or whatever. So putting that money where yo mouth is is the best I can advice you

Exactly. I just fear the public is blissfully unaware. I mean, I can't remember if the later expansions of TS3 sold well..but I suspect this might be the end, without some major changes.
Scholar
#9 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 12:19 AM
Please, please, please stop double, triple, quadruple posting. There's an edit button for a reason.

On topic: If you don't like the game, don't buy it. If enough people do the same and The Sims 4 is a total flop maybe they'll change management and try something new. If they don't change anything then they'll just continue to make shitty games you'll just continue not to buy. Yeah, it sucks that they're ruining a lot of people's favorite video game franchise, but there's not much we can actually do at this point when the game will be released within two months.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Instructor
#10 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellken

Must be a remake of the alpha version of The Sims 1. No hot tubs, no pools, no morphable terrains, etc...
Scholar
#11 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 7:01 PM
Quote:
On topic: If you don't like the game, don't buy it. If enough people do the same and The Sims 4 is a total flop maybe they'll change management and try something new.

Pfffff No. If that happens, EA will just think we're the morons and not care. So what if they drop Sims after Sims 4 may/will most likely flop, they can focus on the other thingies they have. (whatever they may be, I honestly don't know - and frankly don't care)

C-A
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Pfffff No. If that happens, EA will just think we're the morons and not care. So what if they drop Sims after Sims 4 may/will most likely flop, they can focus on the other thingies they have. (whatever they may be, I honestly don't know - and frankly don't care)
So what you're saying is, we're kinda in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation...

Oh shit.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:43 PM Last edited by audioromance : 8th Jul 2014 at 10:00 PM.
EA is a production/publisher company, aka they are the producer/publisher. They don't make design decisions. They merely supply the budget and get royalties on the game. Game developers are the ones responsible for allocating the budget, making decisions about design, and hiring workers. The worst thing EA might do is push for early releases (which they might do quite a bit. They are terrible after all.) and monetization (aka dlc/online components). So if a game is awful it is usually the game developers most responsible unless of course it is the rush that makes the game bad aka very little time to test and develop features. Sims 3 is a great example of rushed development. I don't know if that's sims 4 problem too, but honestly I doubt it. EA has been really loosening up on hard deadlines because they've had quite a few major flops in the last few years. Change of leadership has already happened. I think at this point it is the team that is the issue. If sims 4 flops my only hope is they either let the brand die (unlikely) or hire some competent people. I don't like EA because I hate their monetization tactics, but you can't really blame them for it all. I mean EA does back other well known gaming brands and they are by all accounts doing well. There is an incentive for EA to care about flops because they lose millions of dollars doing so. Believe me if there is one thing corporate America cares about it is the loss of money. Of course don't hold your breath for it to make such a huge impact because as I said Sims 4 has to flop hard before anything will be done. No matter how awful it is, I think it has enough fans to still do well on the market. How sad is that?

ETA: I think where people get confused is that they are labeled as a developer. They do develop games such as EA sports, but they also have "labels". Maxis and bioware are part of those labels. The reason maxis might not show up on their products (though sometimes does, kind of weird) is usually down to agreements of the buy out. Other labels may have negotiated better buy outs. The biggest difference between EA and other publisher companies is they also have a share or fully own the company in which they are providing the money too. That means they can hire/fire people at will. This is not true of all publishers. That does give them more control over product, but generally speaking they aren't going down there going "NO TODDLERS!" that's a call a game developer usually makes. You have to remember that both maxis and bioware were independent at one point in time. So they aren't games EA develops. EA sports has always been part of EA and thus it is a line of games they do develop.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:54 PM

The fucking people in charge of the development, "GURUS", are the people in charge of the FUCKING development.

I can GUARANTEE that the "BOSSES" at EA don't give a FUCK about what core-fans want, because guess what, that's not what they are in charge of. That is a development issue, nothing more.

I'm begining to thing the "Gurus" are only the "customer service guys", you know? The ones that get all the complaints but have absolutelly not say in anything. And the guys actually developing the game are some unknown faces.
I mean really, how about Graham saying he doesnt do this or that because he doesnt have thsisn't he supposed to be doing just that since he is a developer?
I also remember a video for the Roaring Heights world, they had two "gurus" showcasing the game. Now I don't watch this things, I only did because I wanted some background noise. Anyway, about half way in to the video they star talking about the rollercoaster and a question pops up "can kids ride them?" the answer of both of them was "no, because it wouldnt be safe" or something along those lines cause they had been talking about "safety". Guess what happened next? A sim kids goes straing in to the ride. And both gurus go "Oh yes yes, they can ride!". I was like WHAT?! You are showing me the features to created for this game and you didn't knew kids could ride them?
It's either that or the comunication between departments and gurus is non existent.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the Guru's are nothing more than sales/marketing people.
Theorist
#16 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 12:36 AM
I bet New York doesn't even play The Sims.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 12:38 AM
God, just another fake gamer city, looking for attention.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 2:50 AM

Someone literally needs to buy you a dictionary.