Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:41 PM
Default CaST in CAS
Did some more testing today and confirmed something I figured out last night.

You may have noticed that clothes in TSM are not fully CASTable, in that you can set the color but not the pattern. Well, it turns out that if you save a pattern as a "favorite", you can use it in CAS

Your results may be mixed, of course, because the clothes are designed with fairly aggressive textures already on them, so use with caution. I was feeling kinda frustrated though about the customization limts, and have made some good use of this on my heroes to get a watered silk look, suede pants, and so on.

Hope we get a mod at some point to fully unlock CaST in CAS, but in the meantime, this is a workaround
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:42 AM
I had noticed this the other day too, Srikandi! And I was all excited thinking that there was a work-around to get various patterns into our clothing. I placed my barracks and then went to CAS to create my knight (the Handsome Devil! ;D ). I customized his clothing, fixed him all up, and then I saved him to the sim bin (which I normally try to do with all my sims - kinda a backup!). And I'm glad I did too!!! When I hit the "Accept" button to place him in the game, it froze up on me!!!
OOOKAY!...No problem, I had saved him and he'll be easy to place! EVERYTIME I chose him and hit "Accept" the dang thing would freeze on me!!! This happened probably 5-6 times (what can I say, I'm a SLOW learner!!! )! So, then I thought I had bungled my whole game, but decided to try one more time, this time choosing some one else w/out custimized clothes...and it worked! ??? Now, in this situation, for whatever reason?, I had saved my knight to the sim bin half way through his makeover! So, I still ended up with my hunky knight, just without the "favorites" customized clothing...I just changed the color and not the texture.
I don't know if anyone else has had this same issue, but the pulled patterned texture I used on my clothing was the only thing that I could think to cause this! Since there's nothing else added to my game yet! (Other than the no intro and no mosiac!)

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:51 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 28th Mar 2011 at 7:29 PM.
Odd :O Well, I have successfully been using the sims with CaSTed patterns on their clothes in my game, so while I couldn't swear that wasn't what was causing your problem, at least it's not a universal one. Maybe it's hardware linked? :/

Edit: Hmm, I had this crash issue last night :/ Apparently this sometimes works and sometimes not. Hope we can work it out