Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:12 PM
Default Sermons
Can anyone give some tips/guidance for how they work, and how they're related to the popularity/fear of the church?

I've been playing a Peteran monk and trying to get the Popularity to rise. Whenever I Evangelise outside the church it seems to rise very slowly, but then a Sermon will drop it back down to zero again. I've tried both the normal style and the humourous style (which the Lessons claim will improve popularity)...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uecasm
Can anyone give some tips/guidance for how they work, and how they're related to the popularity/fear of the church?

I've been playing a Peteran monk and trying to get the Popularity to rise. Whenever I Evangelise outside the church it seems to rise very slowly, but then a Sermon will drop it back down to zero again. I've tried both the normal style and the humourous style (which the Lessons claim will improve popularity)...

Try making lots of friends and convert your population. That worked for my Jacobean Priestess. (That, and using the intense option.)

I haven't tried with the Peteran, but I would think it would be similar.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:24 AM
If your Peteran priest studies the Watcher for an hour they get a buff that gives no mood effect that's called The Watcher's Insight. If you have that buff when you give a sermon you can pick to give an insightful sermon and it seems to give more popularity than the other types. Then after you give the sermon the buff goes away and you have to study again. I was having the same problem earlier with calm, solemn, and humorous all either dropping popularity or doing nothing to it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:15 AM
Listen to the crowd, if they're booing, change the style that they're giving the sermon in until they're not booing anymore.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bitch2233
Listen to the crowd, if they're booing, change the style that they're giving the sermon in until they're not booing anymore.

I didn't even know they boo'd! I usually hear laughter or "mumbles" of agreement.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
I didn't even know they boo'd! I usually hear laughter or "mumbles" of agreement.

That means that you're doing it right, and the popularity movement should be going up, i think