Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:42 AM
Default Keep modders away from TS4?
We all know that modders are basically doing what EA should be doing. Fixing their bugs, making a wider gameplay... Modders are bringing a lot to The Sims' franchise. They're creating communities. BUT... What if they'd stop? Will EA fix their own bugs? Will EA create their own free content to the game? What if TS4 will have not have modders working on it? What if TS4 will end up like a total fail, and make everybody who bought the game dissappointed and fused? The game sounds very empty and unplayable right now, will it stay like that for long if modders will not be involved? I feel like The Sims 4 will be the end of The Sims series. I mean, The Sims community was never mad like it is now. So many features have been removed, yet the game is still being sold on full price. What I'm trying to highlight is that if TS4 will not have somebody to clean EA's mess, maybe it will not have a community, and then maybe EA will stop making profits out of it, and sell it to another company who can take care of the series better than them. Not trying to be rude, just throwing some points.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:46 AM
There will be -some- modders that will work on it, if only to get to the point to be able to read the meshes and textures, so they can be converted to TS2 and TS3.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblesO
Will EA fix their own bugs?

mmmmmmm No. Take TS3 as an example.

Will EA create their own free content to the game?

Hell yeah..wait........ Free content? keep dreaming lol.

What if TS4 will have not have modders working on it?

Who cares, we have TS2 vs TS3. Apparently, both are/look better than TS4

What if TS4 will end up like a total fail, and make everybody who bought the game dissappointed and fused?

Maybe thats EA's plan, so that in 5 years they present us with a magnificent Sims 5, with everything we want.

The game sounds very empty and unplayable right now, will it stay like that for long if modders will not be involved?

Eventually, the game will get as complete as TS2/TS3, 3 months before TS5 realease.

T I feel like The Sims 4 will be the end of The Sims series. I mean, The Sims community was never mad like it is now. So many features have been removed, yet the game is still being sold on full price. What I'm trying to highlight is that if TS4 will not have somebody to clean EA's mess, maybe it will not have a community, and then maybe EA will stop making profits out of it, and sell it to another company who can take care of the series better than them. Not trying to be rude, just throwing some points.

Tru dat. I hope that they sell it to another company that actually listens to its customers.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimo815
Maybe thats EA's plan, so that in 5 years they present us with a magnificent Sims 5, with everything we want.

Did you type that with a straight face?

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Did you type that with a straight face?

In my point of view there's no progression from previous sims to TS4, and there's no reason why i should buy it. They're making fun of us, asking 80$ for that game.
It's not a 2014 game. it's not.

So from idealistic thoughts they'll learn from their mistakes, and, to impress us all, they might do a good job with TS5 or they will end up destroying The Sims series, once for all.
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 8:47 PM
Semi related, modders finally removed the ridiculously small city size in SimCity 2013.

http://community.simtropolis.com/fi...extended-menus/
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 9:59 PM
I don't think I can play a Sims game without Inge's bush.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:00 AM
New idea:

Petition for EA to do their OWN DAMN JOB!

Someday, I want to work for EA so I can give The Sims franchise the jump-start kick in the ass it deserves.
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:29 AM
in 5 years they present us with a magnificent Sims 5, with everything we want.

oh... I hope Sims 5 graphics is not like The Sims social, seems to be that the sims going down graded for graphics, it started at sims 4 :P

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 6:21 AM
I've often felt this way about fan content for so many things. Like fan content makes almost everything better,more enjoyable and allows media and entertainment producers to get half their work done for free.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:19 PM
We all know that modders are basically doing what EA should be doing. Fixing their bugs, making a wider gameplay... Modders are bringing a lot to The Sims' franchise. They're creating communities. BUT... What if they'd stop? Will EA fix their own bugs? Will EA create their own free content to the game? What if TS4 will have not have modders working on it? What if TS4 will end up like a total fail, and make everybody who bought the game dissappointed and fused? The game sounds very empty and unplayable right now, will it stay like that for long if modders will not be involved? I feel like The Sims 4 will be the end of The Sims series. I mean, The Sims community was never mad like it is now. So many features have been removed, yet the game is still being sold on full price. What I'm trying to highlight is that if TS4 will not have somebody to clean EA's mess, maybe it will not have a community, and then maybe EA will stop making profits out of it, and sell it to another company who can take care of the series better than them. Not trying to be rude, just throwing some points.

There has to be modders for sims 4 because they don't just fix bugs,they make new objecets like Echo for an example: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=258224
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure people said ts3 would be the end of the sims series. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED

Anyways, ts4 would be even more screwed than it is now without the modding community. We have smart, talented and creative people who volunteerily make the game better and I think it's the strongest part of the community. I think modders will be able to make the game playable, or at least better
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDensilter
oh... I hope Sims 5 graphics is not like The Sims social, seems to be that the sims going down graded for graphics, it started at sims 4 :P

Fear not! Sims 5 will feature stick figures.
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Well, I'm pretty sure people said ts3 would be the end of the sims series. AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED

Anyways, ts4 would be even more screwed than it is now without the modding community. We have smart, talented and creative people who volunteerily make the game better and I think it's the strongest part of the community. I think modders will be able to make the game playable, or at least better

Some people consider amputation to be better than living with polio. Not everything can be "fixed".

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 11:53 PM
In my point of view there's no progression from previous sims to TS4, and there's no reason why i should buy it. They're making fun of us, asking 80$ for that game.
It's not a 2014 game. it's not.

So from idealistic thoughts they'll learn from their mistakes, and, to impress us all, they might do a good job with TS5 or they will end up destroying The Sims series, once for all.

Just an honest question. Where are all of the $80 dollar figures coming from? Are most of them coming from people in the UK? Because the only $80 I see is for the special edition. Aside from that it's the same ol' $60 (may vary depending on taxes in your state/province/territory).
Scholar
#15 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shewolf51
Just an honest question. Where are all of the $80 dollar figures coming from? Are most of them coming from people in the UK? Because the only $80 I see is for the special edition. Aside from that it's the same ol' $60 (may vary depending on taxes in your state/province/territory).

They might be referring to the special edition when talking about 80 dollars. I saw the limited edition being on display for preorder in a shop for... I think 60€ in one of my stores. But whether it's 60 or 80 dollars, this game STILL doesn't deserve that price, whether limited, deluxe, special or even regular edition.

C-A