Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM Last edited by Bubble Pop : 6th Jul 2014 at 5:24 PM.
Default Sims 4 in a nutshell

This pretty much sums up everything.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham
Hi @StrangePanther, big fan! Will Rock Simulator 2014 come with weather?

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...394434571476993
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim

They surely put more work in Rock simulator, I'd buy it more willingly
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:37 PM

Argggg. It was just an observation with humor, didn't realize there's actual SimGurus who are a fan of A Rock Simulator. No wonder creativity has gone down the shitter.

It explains this.

Quote:
SimGuruGraham - They don’t have the work skills to do it; neither do I. Pools, toddlers… they’re extremely complex features that require months of man hours of work across multiple disciplines and introduce significant risk.

When developers reach that level of low articulate skill it's the end of gaming as we know it.
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 6th Jul 2014 at 9:44 PM.

Should he pull an E.A. and say "no", but we'll add it when we "expand" the game? Making rocks and weather be hard and shit, you know. FX guys, couple of days, and shit. Lots of shit.

POETIC. FUCKING. JUSTICE.
Theorist
#6 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 9:38 PM
This entire thread has me laughing so hard right now. Thank you. Thank you.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 11:12 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jul 2014 at 11:57 PM.
Quote:
SimGuruGraham - They don’t have the work skills to do it; neither do I. Pools, toddlers… they’re extremely complex features that require months of man hours of work across multiple disciplines and introduce significant risk.

What's that supposed to mean? Introduce significant risk? Risk of what? Not getting the game done in time? We're all willing to wait here. What's the ginormous problem? Oh yeah - EA wants their money!

And "not having the work skills"? Seriously? They're game developers! At least one of them is from one of the old TS2/TS3 teams, right? Don't they know how to animate? Rig? Texture? Do effects? If they don't have the work skills, then fire the old team and put together a team that is competent to do it, for crying out loud!

Something tells me the SimGurus aren't in the game developing team outside of advertising and boasting, and that they don't have an effing clue what they're talking about.

I was able to model, rig, texture and animate a toddler for a movie short I did mostly single-handedly, after about 3-4 months of practice from complete noob stage. Took me perhaps a little over a month, maybe? And that was while learning how to put up light rigs and work with hair simulations and whatnots. Granted, it was far from an awesome production, and it wasn't for a game (which I expect to be more difficult than movie shorts), but still. If one noob can put together their first ever half-decent 4-minute movie in a month or so, while doing everything on their own, a big team of highly competent game developers should be able to produce lots of awesomeness in the same time period. And they've had several months, perhaps even a few years to do it!

They've been able to make toddlers and 3D pools/sea water with effects at least twice before (even underwater!), and they should be able to do it now, at least if the developing team has more than a few years of experience on their butts. Even recycling animations from the previous games would've been mostly acceptable, just to get the toddler stage, and they must have some stuff they can use from the previous games, like textures or at least a clue on how to make water. They also managed to make teens use adult animations by using shrinked adult animations for TS2, so making teens also shouldn't be too much of a problem, if they make good rigs, that is. The TS3 rigs were rather awful, in that they stretched the body weirdly instead of just adding height when using stretchskeleton or enabling adult animations for younger ages.

Their team has more than one person on each task, right? If they've got one person on modeling, one on rigging, one on coding, and so on, things will take time, and it's not particularly effective. A big company like EA should have loads of people on each task, right?

Unless they've gone and completely replaced their team with monkies, to be cost effective (need nothing but bananas). Then I get it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 11:46 PM
Quote:
And "not having the work skills"? Seriously? They're game developers! At least one of them is from one of the old TS2/TS3 teams, right? Don't they know how to animate? Rig? Texture? Do effects? If they don't have the work skills, then fire the old team and put together a team that is competent to do it, for crying out loud!

My sentiments exactly.
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 7th Jul 2014 at 12:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bubble Pop
My sentiments exactly.

Same here. A game developer that doesn't know how to make a game? WTF? Sounds more like an excuse developer.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:12 AM
i'm not sure but i guess simgurugraham wasn't around for the making of the ts3 base game?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i'm not sure but i guess simgurugraham wasn't around for the making of the ts3 base game?

He wasn't. He came in during the release of the Sims 3 so I doubt he worked on the base game maybe a little bit.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:21 AM
What's with all this noise about a Sims 4? EA is making a remake of the Sims 1* in 360° 3D.

*Pools sold separately.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 2:10 AM
Aw, man. I still haven't reached the end of Rock Watcher 2012. Guess I'll need to play a marathon to finish before Rock Watcher 2014 is released. Need to buy an XBox One just for this awesome game.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
#14 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
What's that supposed to mean? Introduce significant risk? Risk of what? Not getting the game done in time? We're all willing to wait here. What's the ginormous problem? Oh yeah - EA wants their money!

And "not having the work skills"? Seriously? They're game developers!

They've been able to make toddlers and 3D pools/sea water with effects at least twice before....
....They also managed to make teens use adult animations by using shrinked adult animations for TS2, so making teens also shouldn't be too much of a problem, if they make good rigs, that is.

Their team has more than one person on each task, right? If they've got one person on modeling, one on rigging, one on coding, and so on, things will take time, and it's not particularly effective. A big company like EA should have loads of people on each task, right?

Unless they've gone and completely replaced their team with monkies, to be cost effective (need nothing but bananas). Then I get it.

Scary, isn't it?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 9:58 AM
If you look at the pictures from this article, you will see that EA has more than enough resources to have a gigantic campus to house the franchise's development team. I'd say there were millions of dollars invested in this, and for anyone from EA to say that 'we don't have the necessary resources to do this.." is full of shit.
Quote:
"Above: Located in Redwood City, California, Electronic Arts’ campus is gigantic. It has its own soccer field and a hedge maze. See that yellow-ish circle in the bottom-left corner? That's the maze"

Source:behind-the-scenes-the-sims-studio
Scholar
#16 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 10:32 AM
Rock Watcher Simulator has better textures than the Sims 4.

Just sayin'.
One Minute Ninja'd
#17 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:06 AM
Quote:
"Above: Located in Redwood City, California, Electronic Arts’ campus is gigantic. It has its own soccer field and a hedge maze. See that yellow-ish circle in the bottom-left corner? That's the maze"

So, maybe someone had the only copy of the REAL TS4 they had spent 4 years developing, and lost it in the hedge maze last year, and that's why they could only build out as much as they have in only a year.

Still, in the past, they overcame a server fire and still delivered a real base game, but I guess the folks who work well under deadline left for some other company that actually backed up their code against the risk of disaster, natural or otherwise.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 11:23 AM Last edited by Bubble Pop : 7th Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM.
Enough's enough, it's time for these pompous fucks to go to hell. They have the GULL to rip people off while leading them on who believe in them and let them down last minute

Ripping people off that pay good money that they worked hard for while they expect stuff for free!!
Making excuses

While they have the resources to afford this
at the same time nickle and dimming you.

Why are people still taking this shit? 'Believing' 'Hoping they will change?'

To me Gordon Ramsey in this video represents taking a stand, the restaurant owner he is speaking to represents EA and it's corporate greed.

(Contains swearing)

Time to wake up.

You don't have to take their crap

You can take a stand.

Stop feeding their greed, say no with your wallet.

Scholar
#19 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:44 PM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Mad Poster
#20 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:51 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Jul 2014 at 1:04 PM.
Quote:
Located in Redwood City, California, Electronic Arts’ campus is gigantic. It has its own soccer field and a hedge maze. See that yellow-ish circle in the bottom-left corner? That's the maze"

And now we know what the team is doing when they're not making games. Playing soccer and getting lost in mazes must be a lot of fun.

Someone needs to sort out their priorities...

(why would a game company need a maze, anyway?)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#21 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubble Pop
Enough's enough, it's time for these pompous fucks to go to hell. They have the GULL to rip people off while leading them on who believe in them and let them down last minute

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:00 PM
I'm gonna make another thread just for that post. People need to see, seriously! Simmers are like the nicest community I know and they're getting shafted when they're doing nothing but putting good faith in a company that's treating them like fools.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:01 PM
Please don't. One thread is enough to get across that you're REALLY MAD AND NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#24 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
And now we know what the team is doing when they're not making games. Playing soccer and getting lost in mazes must be a lot of fun.
And this makes the second time someone on MTS has made me spew tea all over my screen. I can just imagine all the gurus having happy fun maze times, with one voice of reason going "guys... we could be making pools and toddlers right now.. "
Goddang it I got work to do, but I really, really want to draw that now.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
If you look at the pictures from this article, you will see that EA has more than enough resources to have a gigantic campus to house the franchise's development team. I'd say there were millions of dollars invested in this, and for anyone from EA to say that 'we don't have the necessary resources to do this.." is full of shit.

Source:behind-the-scenes-the-sims-studio

You do realize that the EA offices in Redwood City house more EA staff than just those working on The Sims, right? And that not every building in that photo is an EA office, right?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Page 1 of 2