Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 3:53 PM
Default TS1 features you would like to see again in TS4~
This video should explain TS1 Karaoke for you

Seriously tho I think it would be super cool, like having them sing songs from the older games. If they had low singing skill (or charisma skill idk, a new skill would be cool tho) they would sound like something from a bad audition. Idk it would just be funny~

Also I really liked the interactive fame career, i reckon it would work super well with the get to work mechanics. Like having your sims record songs and music videos and acting in movies. I think it would be cool.

I'm interested to know what other people think about what TS1 content could be adapted into TS4
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 7:30 PM
It's been so long since I played TS1, so I don't remember everything, but I miss Magic Town and would love for there to be a Magic Town in TS4 that we can live in. I also seem to remember obsessed fans leaving black roses for famous sims. I kinda liked that as well.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 7:38 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 8:44 PM
Magic town was amazing omfg~~~

I used to love those clown rollercoasters. The stages were cool too, like where your sims did magic tricks and earned coins from it. Quite funny when they failed haha. TS1 has the best magic content imo, the other games never quite did it for me on the magic front...
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 8:46 PM
Where do I start?

Butter churning
Dog washing tables
Bee keeping
Having to shop for real baking supplies like sugar and baking mix (flour)
Pets that are just pets.
NPCs that are just NPCs
Carnival games
Magic shows
Trolley
Stupid "touch a mushroom" games
Baby dragons
Goofy rollercoasters
"Plop in the hole" fast travel
Canning station
Spinning wheel
Scuba tank
Room need (was an original bar, like bladder, hunger etc.)
Chemistry set (the original one)
Mini golf
Music that doesn't sound like it was made on a computer...by a computer.
Vacation Island
Magic Town
Pet stores

My Sim does not want to adopt a dog over the phone. They want to go to a pet store and play with the puppies, be overwhelmed by puppies, sweet puppy-smelling, glorious, drooling, licking, barking, peeing, awesome baby doggies.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 8:56 PM
I was partial to Interests, and how they made conversations more dynamic.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
Where do I start? ....

THIS POST.

SO MUCH.

:lovestruc

As limited and basic TS1 was in comparison to the later games, it had a special quirkiness to it which is just so charming <3
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
My Sim does not want to adopt a dog over the phone. They want to go to a pet store and play with the puppies, be overwhelmed by puppies, sweet puppy-smelling, glorious, drooling, licking, barking, peeing, awesome baby doggies.

My Sim wants to cuddle sweet, furry, mewing kittens :lovestruc
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 9:32 AM
The Sims: Bustin Out, in my opinion, had the best career progression system in any The Sims game.

Each time you advanced in your career, you actually felt rewarded. Instead of just these irksome object unlocks in The Sims 4, you got to experience entirely new and unique characters that have a sense of charm and humor with them. It was as if they were living their own lives alongside you, and not just puppets for you to control as it is in The Sims 4.

I guess what I miss is essentially independent NPC characters that interact with you more (through text bubbles, which isn't a difficult thing at all - the game sort-of already have this feature, the execution is just weak). Its rather monochrome that every Sims in the game behaves exactly the way you expect them to, unless you go out of your way to control and force them to act yourself. No simple story progression features like autonomous marriage proposals/career sabotages makes The Sims 4 a rather dull game in its current state.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Galvanize15
The Sims: Bustin Out, in my opinion, had the best career progression system in any The Sims game ...

Man I miss bustin out.... used to play it all the time on my ps2 back in the day~

I really like the feel of bustin out, with the driveable cars (and other vehicles too!!) and the way careers had their own lot where you could improve your skills and use unique objects related to that career (I used to really like the hollywood hills type house with the acting career and the science lab). TS4 kinda falls short on career objects and rewards, most of the rewards are just normal objects with an emotional aura. It would be cool to see more things like the sonic wave shower thing and the tesla coil (I freaking loved that thing when I was little).

we've still got a lot of things to look forward to with TS4, and the sims team sure like to add in some nods to previous games, so who knows..... *here's hoping*

(real talk tho bustin out music was )
Scholar
#11 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 11:58 PM
My copies of TS1 and all the EPs burned in a fire. I wish they hadn't because you guys are making me want to play it again.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 2:51 AM
I always LOVED the dancing cage in Sims 1 and the funny sounds they would make while dancing. It cracked me up so much. I want that to return with the Sims making the same funny sounds!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 4:30 AM
I've got a small want that's been itching since Sims 2. I'd like to see the split wall view a la Sims 1. In Sims 1, when walls are in split view mode, they only go down when you brush the mouse past them. So you could still see interior walls as long as you didn't hover over them.

Compare that with Sims 4 (and 3 and 2), where split view mode means all walls not touching the exterior of the building go down, thus hiding many walls and discouraging players from decorating them.

For an even clearer explanation, watch when this player moves the mouse over the bedroom wall: watch!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 8:18 PM
Sorry to bump a 2 year old thread, but I was cleaning up my thread subs and found this again...

Well we got a singing skill and now we're getting fame again. Also as another commenter mentioned, bee keeping. Feeling oddly psychic rn