Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6601 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:21 AM
I noticed the mesh was kind of screwed up when it was half-eaten, but it didn't bother me enough to remove it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Test Subject
#6602 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:26 AM
Sims can't go to sleep if someone is using the base-game exercise machine in the same room. Haven't checked the University versions yet but I imagine the treadmill should be fine?
Mad Poster
#6603 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:27 AM
Things like that bug me. I have to either ditch them or fix them. XD And fixing the garlic snails took me so long I cba doing another one.
Instructor
#6604 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 1:59 PM
Why can sims turn on a tv or stereo in their bedroom, but refused to turn it off when they go to sleep? It's annoying to force them to turn it off. It's like, well I didn't make you turn your tv on, now you can't turn it off by yourself?

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#6605 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Why can sims turn on a tv or stereo in their bedroom, but refused to turn it off when they go to sleep? It's annoying to force them to turn it off. It's like, well I didn't make you turn your tv on, now you can't turn it off by yourself?
Neat sims would autonomously turn off any electronics they use when done; if the "free will" setting in options panel is turned on.
Mad Poster
#6606 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 11:29 PM
Today I discovered to keep your inbox on MTS tidy. It didn't inform me (via email) it was full until someone tried to message me. It ate the PM too.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6607 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 11:33 PM
lol! It wasn't the first time a masterpiece of mine disappeared. Usually it's cause I've done something boneheaded. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6608 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 1:45 AM
How to check the date a lot was last played:

1. Enter the cheat boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename true.
2. Go to neighbourhood, and click on the lot you want to check. Make a note of the filename.
3. Go to your neighbourhood folder. Under the Lots folder, find the file you noted down.
4. Right-click it and open Properties. Look at the Last Modified date.

Although, if it's a community lot, it'll be the date that it was last saved rather than visited.

Inventor
#6609 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 7:13 AM
What do you get when you add a burglar, kitchen fire, sudden power outage, lightning strikes, two sims about to age up, a roaming but possessive ghost, and a sim getting her first kiss with said ghost's wife?

Chaos. Complete, utter chaos. And error messages galore. I don't blame the game - I was so confused about just what was going on where that I had to resort to going through everyone's memories to understand what the heck just happened. Even the in-game camera was going berserk from all the drama.

In another house, the burglar came in but only "stole" their cable, because all she did was sit down and watch TV before almost giving herself away by bading the residents goodbye. Whether she was just as traumatized by the drama explosion in the previous house I don't know, but excuse you, they only have 127 simoleons and have to pay the 2987 rent tomorrow - don't add to their electricity bills!

Since we were talking about burglar frequency recently, I decided to add the weekly burglar mod to one of my other hoods and what the cabbage, every single household in the rotation had a burglar visit at least once; two households received one two days in a row. Then again, the description states that the weekly simply adds a 1 in 7 chance of the daily burglar making an appearance at the appointed random hour. I suppose the description is accurate then.

I also discovered another strange conflict with apartments not replacing married-in residents and rendering the apartment permanently vacant. Ah, I think as I wistfully stare out my window, when will my mod conflicts ever end? Who is the player and who is playing who, my game or I? Will I ever have time to do a more thorough 50/50?
Mad Poster
#6610 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:43 AM
@Sketching - Did you ever figure out the appreciate-causing-WooHoo conflict?

Inventor
#6611 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:18 AM
Oh, that one! It took me ages since I haven't upgraded my glasses yet and I didn't manage to zero in on the specific mod in question, but I managed to find a few risque mods that did sneak in there somehow. I'm fairly certain one of them's the culprit and that I must've accidentally dropped them in there thinking it was another folder, though I don't have time for a proper 50/50 so I just removed all of them because I'd rather play the game than test it now.

On the other hand, now that I have an idea about which mod does it, I can use the set-up if I ever need the situation.
Mad Poster
#6612 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:48 AM
We should combine our games. Between the glitches you get and the glitches I get, it should result in something interesting happening. Or it'll just go up in a BFBVFS.

Mad Poster
#6613 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 1:40 PM
I discover that butlers might have serious cause of dementia: Are you keep forgetting that the refrigerator is empty every second has passed of abusing it's door? Are you also incapable of taking the groceries from the basket and stocking them into the refrigerator that are on the counter next to it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#6614 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:03 PM
There is special memory when woohooing with Servo.
Scholar
#6615 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
There is special memory when woohooing with Servo.
OH my. I may have to see that one.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#6616 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I discover that butlers might have serious cause of dementia: Are you keep forgetting that the refrigerator is empty every second has passed of abusing it's door? Are you also incapable of taking the groceries from the basket and stocking them into the refrigerator that are on the counter next to it?

I could live with that because I don't usually monitor them. However, whenever one of the family members is involved in the criminal career, the butler calls the police to report him every 30 minutes. I have to take the phone out of the house.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6617 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 12:28 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 26th Nov 2018 at 4:56 AM.
I just timed it. It used to take an hour to load the game, from it launching to neighborhood view. Now it's fifteen minutes.

Another observation: Game reaches peak memory usage in the neighbourhood view (over a gigabyte!). When I enter the household, it drops down to around 600-700, even with my heavy use of CC. After a while, it started climbing again, but not nearly as high as in neighbourhood view.

Not noticing any change in frames-per-second by setting the processor affinity to use one core. Multithreading wasn't really much a thing when the game was made, so I was curious about that. I'll keep watching it though.

EDIT: Another discovery: While setting up the "Bank Account" column for my spreadsheet (I should really make it into a proper database, but I'm not sure if I'm up to trying to re-learn MS Access...), I found out that the Simolean symbol is a section sign. Alt+0167.

ANOTHER EDIT: The FPS seems to fluctuate a bit more when processor affinity is set to one core, but it doesn't affect performance much.

Inventor
#6618 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 6:20 AM Last edited by Sketching : 26th Nov 2018 at 6:34 AM.
Hmm... I wonder if charisma skill is tied to body skill somehow. Every time a sim reaches a certain skill level in one, they suddenly roll wants to hone the other. It makes sense but it might be another glitch or mod conflict though, just like why one of my sims keeps wishing to change into her formalwear every time she wants to woohoo with her husband. Or maybe the latter's just a kink - whatever makes you happy, girl, though neither you nor your husband doesn't have a turn-on for formalwear.

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
We should combine our games. Between the glitches you get and the glitches I get, it should result in something interesting happening. Or it'll just go up in a BFBVFS.

We could name it Glitchtopia, a land where adults with elderly voices revert into pink flashing dogglers who fish in burning toilets and want to cheat on their wolf spouses with slices of pizza. Who knows if the game can handle our combined powers?
Alchemist
#6619 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:39 PM
How to check the date a lot was last played:

1. Enter the cheat boolprop ShowLotPackageFilename true.
2. Go to neighbourhood, and click on the lot you want to check. Make a note of the filename.
3. Go to your neighbourhood folder. Under the Lots folder, find the file you noted down.
4. Right-click it and open Properties. Look at the Last Modified date.

Although, if it's a community lot, it'll be the date that it was last saved rather than visited.
step 2; in my game, the cheat works with just hovering the cursor over the lot.
Mad Poster
#6620 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 8:02 PM
EDIT: I'm stupid, I misunderstood.

Alchemist
#6621 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:10 PM
EDIT: I'm stupid, I misunderstood.
could you elaborate?
Mad Poster
#6622 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 8:45 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 28th Nov 2018 at 8:57 PM.
I misunderstood your post and posted something based on that misunderstanding. Then I read it again and realized my post made no sense, so I edited it.

Top Secret Researcher
#6623 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 12:57 AM
During playing my new cooking-oriented family I discovered that if you sell something cooked with fresh ingredients, it's worth double the price. I also tried the cooking contest for the first time and I discovered salmon can actually win against lobster thermidor :o
Mad Poster
#6624 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 12:19 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but I found that a lot of images previously hosted on modyourpanties have gone missing. It really made a mess of the picture caption thread.

Inventor
#6625 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 2:36 PM Last edited by Sketching : 1st Dec 2018 at 3:48 PM.
I'm not sure what happened, but I found that a lot of images previously hosted on modyourpanties have gone missing. It really made a mess of the picture caption thread.

I guess we now have to picture the caption.

Seriously though - I did notice that some of my pictures are also missing. At least I have a picture of my dogglers on my computer.

I rediscovered the trials of rebuilding CAS default replacements. Oh, that replacement requires an actual in-game mesh, so can't use that for this folder. Hmm, I'd like this replacement for the ordinary modern hood, but I'll use this one for the grunge folder; maybe I can use a custom - nope, link to the custom is broken. Ah, the pictures of the replacement swatch have been replaced by mouse trap advertisements - I could use a crocodile repellent though.

Okay, I'm going now.
Page 265 of 445