Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gender Preference Set

by azoresman Posted 30th Apr 2016 at 7:09 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:27 PM by azoresman : Compatible with 1.69.59

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 184 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#151 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 1:19 AM
Thanks for creating this mod. It helps tremendously.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 6:15 PM
Thank you so much, this is wayy easier
Test Subject
#153 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:51 AM
Does this affect Sims whims at all? I've installed this, but interestingly enough my heterosexuals still have whims where they wish to flirt with the same sex! It made me wonder if this was indicating the mod wasn't working, or it is just not part of the features.
Instructor
Original Poster
#154 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by No One
Does this affect Sims whims at all? I've installed this, but interestingly enough my heterosexuals still have whims where they wish to flirt with the same sex! It made me wonder if this was indicating the mod wasn't working, or it is just not part of the features.

Hi @No One
The Mod is working as it should.
That whim is when you make a new friend and you are close to him, it has a chance to come up.
Most romantic whims do not test for gender preference, only interactions do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#155 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:46 PM
Does this affect the sex in Wicked Whims? So that gay Sims will only have autonomous gay sex?
Instructor
Original Poster
#156 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaffyx
Does this affect the sex in Wicked Whims? So that gay Sims will only have autonomous gay sex?

Yes, if you have set the sims to be gay and WW is set to check on gender preference, they will only accept the gender they like.
Test Subject
#157 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Yes, if you have set the sims to be gay and WW is set to check on gender preference, they will only accept the gender they like.

Cool, thanks!
Field Researcher
#158 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 12:22 PM
Can you please make it available to set and lock the sexuality of the sims, eg. when I choose gender preference female it locks on that and it becomes faded so I know they are of that preference. The current way the mod is set up I cannot tell and I constantly have to be setting gender preferences for my sims. Or can you turn gender preferences into traits instead of this additional menu please.
Instructor
Original Poster
#159 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emile20
Can you please make it available to set and lock the sexuality of the sims, eg. when I choose gender preference female it locks on that and it becomes faded so I know they are of that preference. The current way the mod is set up I cannot tell and I constantly have to be setting gender preferences for my sims. Or can you turn gender preferences into traits instead of this additional menu please.

Hi @emile20
What makes gender preference change it's not time, are romantic interactions with another sim.
So for example : If you set a Male Sim as hetero (Preference-Female) and then you romantically interact with another male, they both slowly turn bisexual and if you continue they will become homosexual.
It's the game mechanics, not my mod doing that.
What the mod does is correcting "at your will" at any time, what gender preference a sim has.
Using a trait that locks a certain gender preference is a good idea, and it crossed my mind a while ago.
I may had that in a real future, but I have to test it before releasing.
Thanks for your feedback
This mod hasn't been updated since it's initial release because it never got broken :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 5:03 AM
I don't think I've given you a "Thanks" post yet despite using this mod for as long as it's been around.
So it felt overdue.
A more direct way of changing sexual preference seems like such an easy thing for EA to implement (especially with the gender features being a thing) but they just don't?
It makes me really grateful for mods like this (and modders like you).

I have a little question, by the way.
MCCC loves throwing up errors for this and simlagfix. If I take this or that out, the errors go away.
Problem is, I view both of these mods as absolutely essential. Any idea why that would happen? It's a weird combination of mods to conflict with each other.
AFAIK it's not really affecting the game so it's not a big deal but I figured I'd ask.
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:34 AM
Just posting to confirm that I have the same thing with this mod throwing up Last Exception errors in MCCC but functioning. (Found this while trying to narrow down an unrelated issue.)

= luthienrising (on the Forums and AHQ)
Instructor
Original Poster
#162 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniewrathh
I don't think I've given you a "Thanks" post yet despite using this mod for as long as it's been around.
So it felt overdue.
A more direct way of changing sexual preference seems like such an easy thing for EA to implement (especially with the gender features being a thing) but they just don't?
It makes me really grateful for mods like this (and modders like you).

I have a little question, by the way.
MCCC loves throwing up errors for this and simlagfix. If I take this or that out, the errors go away.
Problem is, I view both of these mods as absolutely essential. Any idea why that would happen? It's a weird combination of mods to conflict with each other.
AFAIK it's not really affecting the game so it's not a big deal but I figured I'd ask.

Hi !
Thanks for the report.
A few other people had the misfortune to run into some last exceptions where this and other mods that use a python injector are referenced, however, I wish to assure you that there is nothing wrong with this one.
Most likely it's a schedule within the internal game autonomy that crashes with more complex things such as Wickedwhims, Lagfix, Command Center deep altering scripts.
As stated at the date of launch, this mod will most probably never be broken by game updates or cause any error or conflict with other mods.
Thanks again
Instructor
Original Poster
#163 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelleny
Just posting to confirm that I have the same thing with this mod throwing up Last Exception errors in MCCC but functioning. (Found this while trying to narrow down an unrelated issue.)

I have seen it myself on my game.
However it is not caused by this mod.
Like you can see in the post bellow this one, a deeper explanation.
It's just a crash in the internal autonomy and complex python scripting mods such as Lagfix "this one can break the game completely" (I don't use it now) but I did in the past, but it causes more harm than good, and so I removed it.
Other deep scripting mods such as WW and Mccc could cause issues with autonomy and crash with each other if the settings are not set in the same fashion on both.
This mod is "as stated from the beginning" almost unbreakable and impossible to cause errors or conflicts.
If you want to add your LastException, I can explain more exactly what happened.
Thanks again
Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
I have seen it myself on my game.
However it is not caused by this mod.
Like you can see in the post bellow this one, a deeper explanation.
It's just a crash in the internal autonomy and complex python scripting mods such as Lagfix "this one can break the game completely" (I don't use it now) but I did in the past, but it causes more harm than good, and so I removed it.
Other deep scripting mods such as WW and Mccc could cause issues with autonomy and crash with each other if the settings are not set in the same fashion on both.
This mod is "as stated from the beginning" almost unbreakable and impossible to cause errors or conflicts.
If you want to add your LastException, I can explain more exactly what happened.
Thanks again

I had LEs with Lagfix and I guessed is that one even though the LE pointed me to Gender Preference Set too but it was not this mod. I stopped using Lagfix and problem solved and I still keep using Gender Preference Set, no more LEs. I used to use Lagfix mod but it was not working like before, even the new version of it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#165 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darkuria
I had LEs with Lagfix and I guessed is that one even though the LE pointed me to Gender Preference Set too but it was not this mod. I stopped using Lagfix and problem solved and I still keep using Gender Preference Set, no more LEs. I used to use Lagfix mod but it was not working like before, even the new version of it.

Thanks for confirming what I have previously though. I myself had the exact same result after removing SimulationLagFix.
Not that I ever had any lag on my game. I deliberately placed that mod just to experience the mentioned errors.
So great news then
As a side note: I use gender preference all the time for all sims I come across during my gameplay, so after some time all sims in my game have the proper gender preference.
I have only seen one LE once and that was exactly when I added SimulationLagFix.
Thanks again
Test Subject
#166 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:26 AM
Hello,
I really like the idea of your mod, I downloaded it, installed it like..... many other mods i downloaded..
but it seems not to work for me. I don't know why, you said it doesn't conflict with any other mod?
I really want it to work !
Thanks in advance
Instructor
Original Poster
#167 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roralon
Hello,
I really like the idea of your mod, I downloaded it, installed it like..... many other mods i downloaded..
but it seems not to work for me. I don't know why, you said it doesn't conflict with any other mod?
I really want it to work !
Thanks in advance

What exactly is not working?
Could you give more details?
If you have something like MC-Command center woohoo, WW, Have some personality please, or any similar mod set to always accept or ignore relationships or mood, then gender preference or any other test for romance will be ignored (It does not mean this mod is not working)
The mod is still working as designed from day one.
You can check that by changing a Sim's gender preference and use Show Sim Info mod to check it's gender preference.
Thanks for your feedback
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 5:40 AM
This mod was not showing up for me me until I did some testing and debugging. Make sure you put the two mod files in the mods folder (no sub directories). I had initially had these files located in Mods/CoreMods/MTS_azoresman_1618290_MTS_azoresman_Set_Gender_Preference/THE_FILES and this did not work. After moving them to main Mods folder I had the option of selecting gender preference in the more options menu. NOTE: This is so far working with Seasons installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 10:40 AM
Thank you! I've been looking for something that lets you set individual gender preference for awhile now. :)
Test Subject
#170 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 11:10 AM
Default Info Request....
Is there another mod or a console command that will show you what the CURRENT gender percentages are on a sim? I'd kind of like to know if any one sim i'm looking at is already 50-50 or 100 one way or the other before I mess with their settings. Maybe this is something you could add to the mod if it's not to hard to program, like another option in your command wheel to show in a message the sims current percentages or something?

Thanks alot for what the mod does do right now. :D
Field Researcher
#171 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Addicted2CC
This mod was not showing up for me me until I did some testing and debugging. Make sure you put the two mod files in the mods folder (no sub directories). I had initially had these files located in Mods/CoreMods/MTS_azoresman_1618290_MTS_azoresman_Set_Gender_Preference/THE_FILES and this did not work. After moving them to main Mods folder I had the option of selecting gender preference in the more options menu. NOTE: This is so far working with Seasons installed.

Well, I thought it was obvious that every file that has " .script" suppose to go to right under Mods folder with no other sub directories.
Guess I was wrong.
Instructor
Original Poster
#172 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Addicted2CC

Hi
Glad you figured how to place the mod on the file system.
Script mods can be placed up to one subfolder under the main Mods folder.
For example Mods\Azoresman\
Deeper than this and the game cant load them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#173 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Well, I thought it was obvious that every file that has " .script" suppose to go to right under Mods folder with no other sub directories.
Guess I was wrong.

Yes, but can be inside one subfolder Example : Mods\Azoresman\
The game can't load scripts deeper than that without additional coding.
Instructor
Original Poster
#174 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rangermanlv
Is there another mod or a console command that will show you what the CURRENT gender percentages are on a sim? I'd kind of like to know if any one sim i'm looking at is already 50-50 or 100 one way or the other before I mess with their settings. Maybe this is something you could add to the mod if it's not to hard to program, like another option in your command wheel to show in a message the sims current percentages or something?

Thanks alot for what the mod does do right now. :D

Hi
I personally use ITANSAN2 Show Sim Info and it also gives me info regarding gender preference.
There is also Scumbumbo's console commands that can retrieve a single sim or the full list of preferences for that save.
I was planing (amongst other things) to add an interaction that would give you a notification with that info, but I got lazy and never actually did that.
And because I use SSI i got even more lazy LOL.
I'll add it eventually along with the relationship panel option to change their preference there.
This has been requested more than once.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#175 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 4:18 PM
It's working with the 1.83 version. I also checked the percentages for all options (male, female, both, none, and percentages for each) with itasan2 and scumbumbo mods. All the results match. Thanks.
Page 7 of 10