Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enhanced Witches (Update 16/11/23)

by PuddingFace Posted 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:52 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2024 at 10:32 PM by PuddingFace : Update

416 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 338 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 17
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:37 AM
This is phenomenal! I have wanted a mod like this for YEARS!
Scholar
Original Poster
#102 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
This is such a brilliant mod Skydome - thanks for creating it! Is there a possibility that you'd be interested in creating a flavour that doesn't affect autonomy at all - at least for teen to adult sims? I actually perversely like the fact that sims autonomously cast the love charm - it can create some hilarity in the game, and take the story in unexpected directions.

Ok I'll make a flavor like that. BTW I'm also updating my mod today. Check back in a few hours.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 7:36 PM
Thanks for the updates, all play nicely in game and my young withces/wizards thank you as well
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 4:00 PM Last edited by DoomDesire666 : 20th Jul 2018 at 4:25 PM.
Thanks a whole lot for the conjure poison apple! I am very grateful
I had some other ideas you might be interested in. I am not requesting anything though, I am just merely naming them.
Have you thought about spells that turn other sims into supernaturals? Perhaps some short of item dependency for these spells (e.g. turn into werewolf spell requires a moonstone) could be possible too. It is just that it might create conflicts with NRass Occult.
I know a mod already exists for that, but...how about gardening spells? The original mod's spells have way too limited range. It would be awesome to get spells that could water, fertilize, harvest, or grow plants with range that covers the whole lot.
Another one you could try could be weather spells; For example, spells that cause sunlight, rain, snow, supernatural weather (Bewitching Rain, etc.) or also offensive weather spells like lightning strike on a sim. This one might need a death chance tweak though. Or, you could add two "lightning strike" spells, one of which would just get sims singed and fatigued, and another one that would one-hit KO them (for example, the non lethal could be called lightning strike and the lethal one could be called thunder curse). Summoning meteors could be pretty fun too!
Another one could be conjuring more stuff. This could get OP pretty easily though, and possibly render the werewolf lifestate useless.
You could add the options to conjure gems, metals, plants, cut and smelt gems and metals, insects, etc. A less OP concept of conjuring could be Sim Conjuring, similar to how the King/Queen of the Fae has the ability to summon other fairies, but this time without any lifestate restriction in the options of summonable sims.
Speaking of summoning stuff, have you taken a look at Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells from the store? It gives the ability to learn some non witch spells for a limited duration of time. Perhaps you could add these spells as witch spells that can be casted no matter how much time has passed since learning them.

Last but not least, have you thought about enhancing another lifestate as well? Fairies could use some polishing, and I think you could pull it off nicely.
Scholar
Original Poster
#105 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DoomDesire666
Thanks a whole lot for the conjure poison apple! I am very grateful
I had some other ideas you might be interested in. I am not requesting anything though, I am just merely naming them.
Have you thought about spells that turn other sims into supernaturals? Perhaps some short of item dependency for these spells (e.g. turn into werewolf spell requires a moonstone) could be possible too. It is just that it might create conflicts with NRass Occult.
I know a mod already exists for that, but...how about gardening spells? The original mod's spells have way too limited range. It would be awesome to get spells that could water, fertilize, harvest, or grow plants with range that covers the whole lot.
Another one you could try could be weather spells; For example, spells that cause sunlight, rain, snow, supernatural weather (Bewitching Rain, etc.) or also offensive weather spells like lightning strike on a sim. This one might need a death chance tweak though. Or, you could add two "lightning strike" spells, one of which would just get sims singed and fatigued, and another one that would one-hit KO them (for example, the non lethal could be called lightning strike and the lethal one could be called thunder curse). Summoning meteors could be pretty fun too!
Another one could be conjuring more stuff. This could get OP pretty easily though, and possibly render the werewolf lifestate useless.
You could add the options to conjure gems, metals, plants, cut and smelt gems and metals, insects, etc. A less OP concept of conjuring could be Sim Conjuring, similar to how the King/Queen of the Fae has the ability to summon other fairies, but this time without any lifestate restriction in the options of summonable sims.
Speaking of summoning stuff, have you taken a look at Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells from the store? It gives the ability to learn some non witch spells for a limited duration of time. Perhaps you could add these spells as witch spells that can be casted no matter how much time has passed since learning them.

Last but not least, have you thought about enhancing another lifestate as well? Fairies could use some polishing, and I think you could pull it off nicely.

Those are great ideas. I've had some of these ideas myself
Test Subject
#106 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:19 AM Last edited by Tom Vo : 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Those are great ideas. I've had some of these ideas myself

Great ideas. Though they do have Gardening spells mod already, you can look it up in this forum. I think the one about lightning strike sounds fun, as long as the lightning is projected from the witch's wand/hand, otherwise it'd be just like the Disaster mod (with which you are able to summon lightning, meteor shower, etc.) I always love to see a witch plays with natural elements.
I'm completely not against other ideas of yours, but somehow i still think that we need to leave some space so other species could co-exist, y'know, each one contributes their gifts to the party. Just my thought. So it'd be nice if skydome could separate the "summoning gems, metals'' from other abilities and not put them all together in one mod.
I support the idea about the spell book. Though I dont feel the need to turn those spells into "witch spells" (I think witches would be too powerful then) nor make the spells duration last forever after you learn them from the book, (otherwise what would the book be there for afterward), since I like to think of a witch who constantly need to check out his spell book once in a while. That spell book is so witchy significant, y'know . The problem is, the spells from the book only work 50/50, they fail most of the time and backfire !! There was someone who made a mod to fix that, but it only works for downloaded Spell book. I really do wish someone would fix that for the Sims Deluxe Edition, in which the Spell book already included. So if Skydome would think about this, it'd be amazing!
P/S: I wonder if you've ever thought about a mod for a witch can have the abilities of a magician without following the career. The levitating is cool though. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#107 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tom Vo
Great ideas. Though they do have Gardening spells mod already, you can look it up in this forum. I think the one about lightning strike sounds fun, as long as the lightning is projected from the witch's wand/hand, otherwise it'd be just like the Disaster mod (with which you are able to summon lightning, meteor shower, etc.) I always love to see a witch plays with natural elements.
I'm completely not against other ideas of yours, but somehow i still think that we need to leave some space so other species could co-exist, y'know, each one contributes their gifts to the party. Just my thought. So it'd be nice if skydome could separate the "summoning gems, metals'' from other abilities and not put them all together in one mod.
I support the idea about the spell book. Though I dont feel the need to turn those spells into "witch spells" (I think witches would be too powerful then) nor make the spells duration last forever after you learn them from the book, (otherwise what would the book be there for afterward), since I like to think of a witch who constantly need to check out his spell book once in a while. That spell book is so witchy significant, y'know . The problem is, the spells from the book only work 50/50, they fail most of the time and backfire !! There was someone who made a mod to fix that, but it only works for downloaded Spell book. I really do wish someone would fix that for the Sims Deluxe Edition, in which the Spell book already included. So if Skydome would think about this, it'd be amazing!
P/S: I wonder if you've ever thought about a mod for a witch can have the abilities of a magician without following the career. The levitating is cool though. :D

@Tom Vo Yea I'll probably won't do gardening spells since Douglasveiga already made them. DoomDesire was saying that I should remake them with a wider radius. But I feel like it would be stealing work you know. I do plan on creating a spell similar to fairy bloom. And maybe a spell to summon a gardener or something.
BTW I'm updating this mod again today. Check back in a few hours.
Scholar
Original Poster
#108 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miriamnz
Hi again Skydome - I love the creativity you've put into this mod. I like to keep my spell-casters a little bit closer to the Maxis original TS3 Witch however - too many spells and enhancements can make their lives a bit easy. Is there any chance of creating a more Vanilla flavour that simply enables children to cast spells and have spells cast on them without any additional spells, enhancements, autonomy alterations or other changes (my sim kids always end up with the pestilence plague and the Sunlight Charm seems to be the only sure-fire non cheaty cure)? Thanks for creating this mod and making it available for us!

Thank you
In the future I plan on making it so that you get to choose which spells are available and which aren't in your game.
As for pestilence curse. Get flavor 2. Negative spells are non autonomous in flavor 2.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:33 AM
This is truly an interesting Mod and I'm glad to see that you have implemented some new spells! I personally don't care much for the child part of this Mod though. I was just looking for a Mod that adds more spells and complexity to The Sims 3's Witches. Big thanks though.
Test Subject
#110 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:22 PM
Though, while I was testing your mod, I noticed that some of your descriptions were lacking spaces.
Plus, while I loved the new Charms, Curses, and the Magically Teleport Option, I find the Summon Food option to be a bit... Redundant.
After all, there is a Hunger Charm. Though I'm sure many would make great use of it.
The lack of space between Summon and Food still sort of bothers me though.
Plus, may I recommend that you change the Good and Bad Bond Icons?
The design seems to be a bit sore on the eyes.
Don't get me wrong. The design isn't awful, but the noticeable darker red box is a bit distracting.
Plus, perhaps you could simply use the Depleted Magic Icon.
Just an option.
Plus, my Witch always gets the Bad Bond Icon every time he casts a spell and he possesses no wand at all. Instead, he has the Magic Hands reward trait.

Other than that, the mod is truly awesome. It gives my witches a lot more options and truly brings the feeling that my master witch is truly a master witch.
Oh! Plus, perhaps you can add a new spell or option! Like Magically Repair an Object. We can Magically Upgrade Objects, but we can't repair objects with Magic.
Scholar
Original Poster
#111 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimSorcerer
Though, while I was testing your mod, I noticed that some of your descriptions were lacking spaces.
Plus, while I loved the new Charms, Curses, and the Magically Teleport Option, I find the Summon Food option to be a bit... Redundant.
After all, there is a Hunger Charm. Though I'm sure many would make great use of it.
The lack of space between Summon and Food still sort of bothers me though.
Plus, may I recommend that you change the Good and Bad Bond Icons?
The design seems to be a bit sore on the eyes.
Don't get me wrong. The design isn't awful, but the noticeable darker red box is a bit distracting.
Plus, perhaps you could simply use the Depleted Magic Icon.
Just an option.
Plus, my Witch always gets the Bad Bond Icon every time he casts a spell and he possesses no wand at all. Instead, he has the Magic Hands reward trait.

Other than that, the mod is truly awesome. It gives my witches a lot more options and truly brings the feeling that my master witch is truly a master witch.
Oh! Plus, perhaps you can add a new spell or option! Like Magically Repair an Object. We can Magically Upgrade Objects, but we can't repair objects with Magic.

Wait the summon food option wasn't supposed to be there oopsy That was something I made for personal use only. I'll have to remove that I think. Other than the summon food is there any other misspelled spell with no spaces or something?
Ok the Magic hand getting bad bond moodlet is a glitch that I'll fix soon.
About the icons they were somehow smaller than what I wanted. I'll try to make them bigger. And see if that fixes it.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 11:02 AM Last edited by MrsSanta : 14th Aug 2018 at 11:21 AM.
Thanks for the update. Just wanted to report the same glitch you just replied on tried to rebuy the reward, but it still gave the bad bond moodlet. I kinda like the summon food as the kid can suprice the family with a meal that he has just "magicly" made Maybe this could be a feature that will unlock with a higher magical skill, also great if the child could only summon muffins and cakes from the kids oven untill he got a higher magical skill
Scholar
Original Poster
#113 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsSanta
Thanks for the update. Just wanted to report the same glitch you just replied on tried to rebuy the reward, but it still gave the bad bond moodlet. I kinda like the summon food as the kid can suprice the family with a meal that he has just "magicly" made Maybe this could be a feature that will unlock with a higher magical skill, also great if the child could only summon muffins and cakes from the kids oven untill he got a higher magical skill

I'm thinking of making it like if you have good magic skill and logic skill and cooking skill then you can use the summon food spell otherwise not.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM
Thanks for all the continual updates, this mod got more amazing with every one of them. The new wand system is awesome as well, very HP-like.

one question tho: I tried editing the EnhancedWithces package file with s3pe, to require a higher skill level for teleportation (for personal use ofcourse). There was no value added for skilltreshold, so I was wondering if, and with what file, I could change this.
Scholar
Original Poster
#115 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by still-playing-sims3
Thanks for all the continual updates, this mod got more amazing with every one of them. The new wand system is awesome as well, very HP-like.

one question tho: I tried editing the EnhancedWithces package file with s3pe, to require a higher skill level for teleportation (for personal use ofcourse). There was no value added for skilltreshold, so I was wondering if, and with what file, I could change this.

There's no file for that right now. It's directly handled in the Script. In the future I'll make it so there's a file and you can edit it.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 2:09 PM
Thanks for the update This got rid of the error, and all work as it should
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:45 PM
There's no file for that right now. It's directly handled in the Script. In the future I'll make it so there's a file and you can edit it.

tried editing the .dll and replacing the s3sa, but I've no clue of what i'm doing so game crashed immediately (was fun fiddling around tho). An editing file would come in great use.

awesome coocking spell btw, definitely gonna make one of my sims a magical master-chef
Scholar
Original Poster
#118 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by still-playing-sims3
tried editing the .dll and replacing the s3sa, but I've no clue of what i'm doing so game crashed immediately (was fun fiddling around tho). An editing file would come in great use.

awesome coocking spell btw, definitely gonna make one of my sims a magical master-chef

Uh yea the DLL files usually can't be edited. They have copyright protection which I can't remove even if I wanted to. I'll probably make it so you can edit in In-game like how the Nraas mods do.

Thanks about the cooking spell It's actually the Genie summon food spell that I made for witches too. A magical Master Chef is an awesome idea.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 11:53 AM
Uh yea the DLL files usually can't be edited. They have copyright protection which I can't remove even if I wanted to. I'll probably make it so you can edit in In-game like how the Nraas mods do.

Thanks about the cooking spell It's actually the Genie summon food spell that I made for witches too. A magical Master Chef is an awesome idea.

I did actually manage to do that, using JustDecompile and Reflexil, But maybe the copyright protection prevented it from saving it correctly? Or I justdid something wrong when replacing the s3sa (just deleted the old one, added a new one and imported the new .dll). An in-game editor sounds great, I've always loved Nraas mods for their well-made interface and customizability.

that's clever, genie interactions seem to be a great way for modders to improve other occults without having to add new animations. A while ago I also saw someone made a mod that added the mindcontrol interactions for vampires.
Field Researcher
#120 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 2:22 PM
still-playing-sims3 Hi the mod you're thinking about is made by the same genious Skydome I suggest you try it as it so good !!! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=597392 Happy simming
Scholar
Original Poster
#121 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsSanta
still-playing-sims3 Hi the mod you're thinking about is made by the same genious Skydome I suggest you try it as it so good !!! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=597392 Happy simming

I think they were talking about this mod http://modthesims.info/d/489366 But thank you for the compliment

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Lab Assistant
#122 Old 28th Aug 2018 at 3:54 PM
I think they were talking about this mod http://modthesims.info/d/489366 But thank you for the compliment

Yeah I meant Sauzer's one, but i'm aware of your mod too. There seem to be a lot of good vampire mods out there.
Test Subject
#123 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 3:30 AM
Thanks for the mod and congratulations for your great job But i have some suggestions for this mod;maybe magical teleporting animations will be good with genie sims' " magically clean" interaction's animations like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLi_NOCeR00 (6.00 - 6.10).And if you can make a "magical teleport" for genies and fairies,i will be appreciate to you (I will suggestions for genie and fairy magical teleport animations,if you are interested,BTW sorry for my english if it's wrong )
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 7:05 PM
Default Conflict with NRaas Hybrid?
Hi, I just installed this, and my witch sim cannot light or put out the fireplace now. Prior to installing this mod, lighting a fire involved casting the fire spell at it, and putting out a fire involved casting the ice spell. It doesn't show up in the menu as casting a spell, you just use the light fire or put out fire action, but for witches, they cast the spells once they reach a level where they know them.

Now, when I try either action, I get an error notification. I'm using Nraas Hybrid, and apparently there is a conflict between this mod and that one.

The error log has this:

Interactions:
1: Put Out Fire
NRaas.HybridSpace.Interactions.PutOutFireInteractionEx+Definition
UserDirected

Object:

Name: Pyro-Pit with Beige Brick Chimney
Type: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fireplaces.Mimics.FireplaceContemporary
Object id: 0x1072007d44703b10
Position: (1320.7020, 11.5615, 639.7396)
Room id: 7
Level: 1
Flags: InWorld, IsUsed
Lot: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot
Lot Name:
Lot Address: 61 Oak Street
IsValid: True
World: UserCreated
OnVacation: False
Season: Spring
Counter: 1
Sim-Time: Sat. at 3:14 PM
Start-Time: 09/29/2018 11:58:12
PreLoadup-Time: 09/29/2018 12:00:16
Loadup-Time: 09/29/2018 12:02:55
Log-Time: 09/29/2018 12:53:45

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00068 callvirt in NRaas.HybridSpace.Interactions.NRaas.HybridSpace.Interactions.PutOutFireInteractionEx:Run () ()
#1: 0x000db stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
#2: 0x00348 stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:ProcessOneInteraction () ()
#3: 0x0011c stfld.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:DoInteraction () ()
#4: 0x00015 br.s in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:Simulate () ()
#5: 0x00027 leave.s in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()
Scholar
Original Poster
#125 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
Hi, I just installed this, and my witch sim cannot light or put out the fireplace now. Prior to installing this mod, lighting a fire involved casting the fire spell at it, and putting out a fire involved casting the ice spell. It doesn't show up in the menu as casting a spell, you just use the light fire or put out fire action, but for witches, they cast the spells once they reach a level where they know them.

Now, when I try either action, I get an error notification. I'm using Nraas Hybrid, and apparently there is a conflict between this mod and that one.

The error log has this:

Interactions:
1: Put Out Fire
UserDirected

Object:

Name: Pyro-Pit with Beige Brick Chimney
Type: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Fireplaces.Mimics.FireplaceContemporary
Object id: 0x1072007d44703b10
Position: (1320.7020, 11.5615, 639.7396)
Room id: 7
Level: 1
Flags: InWorld, IsUsed
Lot: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot
Lot Name:
Lot Address: 61 Oak Street
IsValid: True
World: UserCreated
OnVacation: False
Season: Spring
Counter: 1
Sim-Time: Sat. at 3:14 PM
Start-Time: 09/29/2018 11:58:12
PreLoadup-Time: 09/29/2018 12:00:16
Loadup-Time: 09/29/2018 12:02:55
Log-Time: 09/29/2018 12:53:45

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00068 callvirt in NRaas.HybridSpace.Interactions.NRaas.HybridSpace.Interactions.PutOutFireInteractionEx:Run () ()
#1: 0x000db stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
#2: 0x00348 stloc.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems.InteractionQueue:ProcessOneInteraction () ()
#3: 0x0011c stfld.u1 in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:DoInteraction () ()
#4: 0x00015 br.s in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:Simulate () ()
#5: 0x00027 leave.s in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

I'll look into it. Does it happen everytime? With every chimney? Do you have any other mod?

Page 5 of 17