Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do I install Non-Default Skintones?
Hey Simmers,

I've been looking for information on how to install non-default skintones for Sims 3 everywhere, but when I find a good post, the links in the post (which give more information..) no longer work.
I really want to install cc skintones, but I just don't know how to install them.
Right now they all are in the downloads folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads), but they don't seem to appear in either the launcher or the game itself.
I have no idea what to do next, since I've already looked on so many pages!
Also, I want to make sure I want NON-DEFAULT skintones, because I want to keep the originals.

Thanks

Simmers Never Sleep.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:37 AM
I believe that skintones always come in package based format. If so, they must be installed the same way as other package files like mods, not by using the Downloads folder and the Launcher -- that's only for sims3packs.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:38 AM
Install them the same way you'd install any other CC. If they're sims3packs, put them in Downloads then find them in the Launcher and hit the install button. If they're .package files, put them in Mods/Packages. Game Help:Sims 3 CC Basicswiki

Oops, sniped.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 1:28 PM
putting them in the package folder,doesn't work anymore