Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 12:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Need help with rebuilding the roof for Impeccable Menor
I really need some help with rebuilding the roof for the Impeccable Manor. I recently made the house bigger but now I can't replicate the roof. And this stupid "Can't intersect object" thing is driving me crazy. Even with moveobjects on, I'm not getting very far. If only I knew how to replicate the roof properly while bypassing these limitations. Rebuilding the roofs of pre-made houses really is a thorn in the side. In the picture I have presented what part of the house currently looks like. And it's quite a lame excuse for a placeholder.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 2:28 AM
I'm definitely using the wrong type of roof. But the truth is I have no idea what roof type I'm meant to be using. Also if I take down everything that's currently on the top floor so as to build the roof, well let's just say that it's very time consuming and rather awkward to take everything off the top floor and put it back in its correct place when the roof is done.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:51 AM
Yeah, surprisingly while you were responding, I was able to take some of your advice. I really didn't want to have to do so, but once I put my mind to it, I was able to do it. Though I'm doing the bigger parts of the roofs first. If I ever get stuck with putting things back in their proper places, I have saved a backup. I'm keeping everything on the top floor in the backyard, since I try not to keep too many objects in my Sim's inventories because it increases the odds of getting Error 12. These days I only ever get Error 12 if NRaas causes a glitch which results in Error 12. But back when my Sim's inventories were full, and before I erased their memories, I would get Error 12 as a result.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 7:42 AM
Just finished it. And thanks for helping. At one point it looked like I wasn't going to be able to get it quite like that. Now I see why you suggested that I did the gable roof first. But thankfully I found that I was able to adjust each part of the roof separately, so I managed to get everything how I wanted it eventually! :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
Just finished it.

WE WANT PICTURES!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 5:45 AM
Oh, okay. I'll see what I can do. I probably won't do it immediately because my Sim's family is currently on holiday in Champs Les Sims. I was actually intending to post a picture of the result at one point. I probably didn't do it because it's currently Winter in Moonlight Falls which is where my Sims live.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:59 PM
Here it is! :D

It might look a bit different, but that's because the house has been made a bit bigger.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 1:07 PM
Ooh well done, the roof looks good!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 2:13 PM
Thanks.