Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 7:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My sim is freezing in Create A Sim
Hello everyone ,

I just made my first custom CAS and YACAS and now my sims are freezing (during create a sim).

Freezing sim

It happens every time, I create a new sim and even the skin color changes.
It also happens in the university CAS.
I dont know how to fix it / I dont know what caused the problem
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 7:52 PM
CAS/YACAS screens are made as lots, as you will realise. And despite being used in the particular situation of the CAS screen they continue to behave like lots in some ways.

That sim thinks he's outside during winter. I can't remember whether you can close in the walls and add ceilings or whether it's just a good idea to make the lot where the neighbourhood is set to summer.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 8:07 PM
Tutorial on making a custom CAS, with info on Seasons and Pets: http://modthesims.info/t/180469
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 1:58 PM
thank you both! I couldn't find anything about it, because eveytime I'd use the words "freeze" or "freezing", I only found posts about the game freezing during CAS
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 4:28 PM
I have never seen that. How bizarre. XD
Alchemist
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 5:17 PM
Can we see a pic of this? I'm just curious. I've never seen such a thing.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 6:16 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Sep 2018 at 6:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Can we see a pic of this? I'm just curious. I've never seen such a thing.

There's a clickable link in the first post.

This, btw, is a long-known thing with custom CAS screens. They get built as lots and when you use CAS they run as lots so you occasionally get a stray coming up and looking at your sim or the weather turns inclement (as in this case). That's if you build a CAS lot in a game with Seasons and/or Pets installed. The thread Simmer22 pointed to suggests building in AGS in Base Game mode though I am sure there was another solution but it's been so long since I made custom CAS screens I'm afraid I can't remember. I seem to remember walling the sim in though. The problem with building in Base Game AGS is that you only get the furniture and build items for BG which limits what you are able to do. You can use CC (though you should never delete that CC unless you also delete the CAS screen - or you'll get blue flashy stuff in CAS (or possibly even crashes)).

Edit: having finally read that tutorial ( ), it occurs to me to say OP, that you might try adding ceilings to the rooms and see if that keeps out the weather (by which I mean put in flooring on the floors above). Another possible solution would be to edit the lot in SimPE and mark it as not using Pets and Seasons. I am not entirely clear though what that would mean about the content used on the lot - whether the game would recognise items of furniture from Pets or Seasons (probably would but I'm just pointing that out as a potential problem). Besides that might not work out if you are running the screen in a game with Seasons/Pets... I dunno, I really can't remember the ins and outs of CAS screens.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc