Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 3:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Steam suddenly needs Origin to open my game and Origin is blind to my exp
So my steam account got hijacked recently, I got it back but I suspect the Russian guy had terrible taste because now Origin wants to open my Sims 3 game. I'm not entirely sure that account stealing Russian guy is responsible it could be a new kind of patch or something but whatever it is it sucks. Origin ignores all the content I've accumulated over the years in favour of the base game and before you say anything there's no way in hell I'm migrating to Origin that feels way too much like giving in.

I uninstalled Origin but now steam thinks I need it to open the game when I never did before. Could someone tell me how to get things to go back to how they were? Or at the very least "trick" the game into thinking it doesn't need Origin.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 7:05 PM
I would go to Steam support and ask them. This sounds like a Steam problem and not a problem with the game.