Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 9:50 PM Last edited by nbalchemist : 24th Oct 2016 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Answered

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Can I merge mods if the game isn't going to be patched any further?
Hey guys! I've been merging my CC in hopes of making my game run better and I have a LOT of mods. I know merging mods isn't recommended because of game patches and updating the mods, but my game is patched to 1.67 and I have auto-updates on Steam for ts3 off, so if they do come out with another patch (unlikely, I think), it won't just suddenly get updated for me. So, since the issue of patches and having to update mods isn't really a concern for me, can I merge some of my mods together? I have lots of Nraas mods, so could I merge all the Story Progression mods into one, all the Career mods into one, the Woohooer mods into one? I'd leave overwatch and errortrap on their own, of course. I also have lots of other mods as well, like cmar's XCAS plus tattoo locations and all the teen tattoo mods for it.

Could I merge my mods, if I have no concern for having to update the mods due to the game patching? Would they stop working when merged?

Icon made by me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 10:18 PM Last edited by HarVee : 6th Jun 2018 at 3:46 AM.
Merged mods still function as normal. This includes smaller .xml mods to bigger script mods like Nraas. Now that game updates are done, and mods likely will no longer require updating, I would say that it'd be fine to do. But I recommend making a backup of mods and maybe create a text file with name of mods, so you have an indication of what mods you've combined in the case you need to troubleshoot.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 12:55 AM
Thank you, I merged a bunch of mods together and they still seem to work fine. I cut out about 300 files by merging and the game doesn't lag nearly as much as it did.

Icon made by me!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nbalchemist
Thank you, I merged a bunch of mods together and they still seem to work fine. I cut out about 300 files by merging and the game doesn't lag nearly as much as it did.

What program did you use to merge your mods? I've been thinking about doing the same but was worried some mods wouldn't work anymore if merged.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by landerlady12
What program did you use to merge your mods? I've been thinking about doing the same but was worried some mods wouldn't work anymore if merged.

I use S3PE and I followed this tutorial on merging packages. It's the same thing for all packages, whether they're mods or hairs or whatever. I was only merging things that sort of go together, like I merged all the hairs by a creator into one file, then all the hairs from another creator into another file, all the tattoos by one creator into a file, etc. I merged ALL of my sliders into one file and they seem to still be working fine. For my mods, I only merged mods that are multi-filed, except for a few. For example, I have NRaas Story Progression and a bunch of modules for it, I merged all of them and it works fine. I merged a bunch of "other/single file" NRaas mods together, like Hybrid, Once Read, Mover, Dreamer and they seem to work fine. I have the No Stretch Children Can mod, which is SO MANY files. I merged them all and they seem to still work. So what I'm saying is, so far for me, my merged mods are still working.

Icon made by me!