Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2015 at 1:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default No Sims 3 In Origin Folder
I need help Dx

When trying to install worlds , There is NO Sims 3 folder in the origin/origin games folder and its really annoying me.
I Can install lots but some custom lots ; even when they have no custom content, appear invisible. When I click off the lot there's a hole in the ground , I know for sure it isnt my custom content.
The ''Worlds'' one is annoying me the most. I have so many problems with origin Dx
Also when I try to play sims 2 , there are no neighborhoods there and when i try to create my own there are no choices and the only button i can press is back.
Grrr
Please help
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 27th May 2015 at 2:53 PM Last edited by ElaineNualla : 27th May 2015 at 4:27 PM.
Game executables and base resources are placed in ./Program Files/Origin Games/[gamename] folders (Program Filesx86 if Windows is newer than XP). *Don't touch 'em.*

Game user files are in Documents/[yourusername]/EA/[Sims2name] or Documents/[yourusername]/Electronic Arts/[Sims3name] (don't be confused of two "EA" folders for sims2 installations - installer and game does not recognize multiuser accounts, only one "EA" folder is active - this one not empty). And as nitromon stated above - only these folders in Documents are for your use - in explorer you can see them within "My Documents" library.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Game executables and base resources are placed in ./Program Files/Origin Games/[gamename] folders (Program Filesx86 if Windows is newer than XP). *Don't touch 'em.*

Game user files are in Documents/[yourusername]/EA/[Sims2name] or Documents/[yourusername]/Electronic Arts/[Sims3name] (don't be confused of two "EA" folders for sims2 installations - installer and game does not recognize multiuser accounts, only one "EA" folder is active - this one not empty). And as nitromon stated above - only these folders in Documents are for your use - in explorer you can see them within "My Documents" library.

I know , but i need that folder to install worlds and i don't have it, in all of the tutorials i've watched they either use the launcher or go into the Origin Games folder and place the world into the savedworlds (I think) folder. Whenever I even try to open my launcher it can take up to an hour for it to open. Know any other way of installing worlds then?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:56 PM
Also for some reason there is no Electronic Arts folder in ''program files (x86)'' ??? This is annoying uugh
Scholar
#6 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:06 PM
err...
worlds are installed via Launcher, sooo - skip pointless messing with folders and run the Launcher?

I dare to think there is some misunderstanding on the way x.x

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:15 PM Last edited by stevset : 28th May 2015 at 3:36 PM.
What "Worlds" are you talking about? The only purpose of going to the Root (install) directory of your game, is to install those Route fixes worlds that came with EP's, which many is created by EllaCharmed. Are these the ones you're trying to re-place?

If so, you can rightClick your Sims3 Icon or Launcher Icon on your Desktop and choose for properties, then choose the button Open File Location. This will take you straight to your install directory of your game. Then navigate back up to whatever is infront The Sims 3 (Origin or Electronics Arts) and find the right EP then go to GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.
Again, this method is only to replace existing Worlds that came with an Expansion Pack.

If it is Custom Content Worlds or Store Worlds, they are installed through the Launcher, if they are in Sims3Packs. I haven't seen a creator releasing it through a *.world file (certainly not EA), but wouldn't be surprised if some Custom Creators did. If you do have something that isn't released with an Expansion Pack, those files goes to Documents\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds\.

Good Luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
What "Worlds" are you talking about? The only purpose of going to the Root (install) directory of your game, is to install those Route fixes worlds that came with EP's, which many is created by EllaCharmed. Are these the ones you're trying to re-place?

If so, you can rightClick your Sims3 Icon or Launcher Icon on your Desktop and choose for properties, then choose the button Open File Location. This will take you straight to your install directory of your game. Then navigate back up to whatever is infront The Sims 3 (Origin or Electronics Arts) and find the right EP then go to GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds.
Again, this method is only to replace existing Worlds that came with an Expansion Pack.

If it is Custom Content Worlds or Store Worlds, they are installed through the Launcher, if they are in Sims3Packs. I haven't seen a creator releasing it through a *.world file (certainly not EA), but wouldn't be surprised if some Custom Creators did. If you do have something that isn't released with an Expansion Pack, those files goes to Documents\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds\.

Good Luck!

Thank you! All of the tutorials i've been watching told me to go to a weird folder and change the file to a .world >-<
thanks c: