Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have leart, in the past day or so, of the passing of 2 great Sims creators.

The first, CmarNYC, has contributed greatly to the modding community with some excellent programs and utilities, and has been active for many years. She was a great person to talk to and very helpful! She was known for the SimRipper, various texture conversions, and being an all-round nice woman. She passed away in October 2023, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.forevermissed.com/camille-g-marinetti/about

The second, rebecah, who also ran Affinity Sims, was a prolific creator known by many in the community, who had some excellent content and provided many items for all types of Simmer. She passed away earlier this month, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.echovita.com/us/obituar...njamin-17488324

Both will be greatly missed in the community, and we here at MTS wish their families and loved ones, and all of us in the community who knew them, the best in their hour of grief.

Regards,
MTS staff

So sorry to hear of their passing. The gifts of those who make custom content - and continue to help us run our games (as old as some are!) is irreplaceable.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 6:36 AM
Awesome creators has departed but will be greatly remembered by so many. My heartfelt condolences to the familes.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 11:43 PM
RIP O7s in chat.
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 5:22 PM
Rest in Peace Rebecah and CmarNYC, so sad to hear. 😢
Instructor
#55 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 5:14 PM
I faintly remember CMAR. Sad to see it all end like this; but I guess it had to happen at some point. So much nostalgia!

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 11:56 AM
Gosh such devastating news. CMAR has been one of those names that's been stamped on my mind for years, so was TFM. Such wonderful creators all of them, they will truly be missed. May they all rest in peace.
Instructor
#57 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 6:43 PM
Default Sad news indeed!
I'm so sorry to hear of these creators passing. My game was (is) full of Beck's items in paticular. Condolences to their friends & families, may they Rest in Peace.
Scholar
#58 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 1:59 AM
I have to admit I didn't know 3 of these people, but it's sad news.

I'm so sad about Rebecah! I love her horses, it meant a lot to me to have them for Sims 2 as a real life horse owner and horse lover. I'm sure I have more of her things in my game too, I remember a ride on ladybird for toddlers in particular, she was so skilled with mods etc. And she was always so kind and patient when replying to people online.

I didn't know Leefish personally, but used their website and content, they seemed nice.

Mootilda was lovely, she helped me on here a few times, I remember her passing, it was such a sad time for MTS.
Test Subject
#59 Old 24th Mar 2024 at 11:46 PM
My condolences to the friends and families of these lovely souls. Although, I knew none of them personally but partook in a conversation in Leefish's discussion form on their page and had the honor to have them assist and guide me on how to fix difficult technical or graphical errors involved in the sims 2. The heartbreaking news to hear that we the Sims community have lost some wonderful people will always be devasting.

CmarNYC and other creators we've lost creations have only enhanced the sims community, their hard work and dedication will not be forgotten. Can't thank each of them enough for all the beautiful creations and the time and hours that went into their creations.

May they all rest in peace
Test Subject
#60 Old 26th Mar 2024 at 5:03 PM
This is sad to hear and I hope that their friends and family are finding comfort and solace through their time of loss. At least their contributions to the community will continue to live on in our hearts and our games.

I remember downloading some of Beck's objects way back, especially the child-focused objects and was very surprised at the quality behind them. It's always a sad time to lose such creative and talented people in the simming community 😢
Field Researcher
#61 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 12:53 PM
Default Sadly missed she brought a lot of joy to the Sims 1 game. A fantastic contributor.
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have leart, in the past day or so, of the passing of 2 great Sims creators.

The first, CmarNYC, has contributed greatly to the modding community with some excellent programs and utilities, and has been active for many years. She was a great person to talk to and very helpful! She was known for the SimRipper, various texture conversions, and being an all-round nice woman. She passed away in October 2023, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.forevermissed.com/camille-g-marinetti/about

The second, rebecah, who also ran Affinity Sims, was a prolific creator known by many in the community, who had some excellent content and provided many items for all types of Simmer. She passed away earlier this month, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.echovita.com/us/obituar...njamin-17488324

Both will be greatly missed in the community, and we here at MTS wish their families and loved ones, and all of us in the community who knew them, the best in their hour of grief.

Regards,
MTS staff

I remember using all of these mods in Sims 1. They brought a new level to the game that was sadly missing.
Inventor
#62 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 7:14 PM
I don't know what made me wander over to this thread so long after I learned the news about CmarNYC, but this thread is filled with sad news of modders and creators who have had such huge impact on the community.

I'm glad to know. They leave impressive legacies -- real life legacies -- in the Sims community.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
#63 Old 3rd Apr 2024 at 3:47 AM
I am completely devastated to hear about the passing of Cmar and Rebecah, two incredibly talented and dedicated Sims modders who have left an indelible mark on the Sims community. Their creative contributions have enriched our virtual worlds in ways that are immeasurable, and their innovation and passion for the game will be forever remembered.

It is truly heartbreaking to think that we will no longer have the pleasure of experiencing their exceptional mods and creations. The Sims community has lost two shining stars, but their legacies will continue to shine brightly for as long as simmers are still simming.

To Cmar and Rebecah, thank you for all that you have given to us. Your talent, kindness, and generosity have touched the hearts of countless individuals, and your impact will never be forgotten. Rest in peace, knowing that your legacy will continue to inspire and bring joy to simmers around the world. You will be greatly missed.
Test Subject
#64 Old 25th Apr 2024 at 3:15 AM
Saddened to read this RIP.
Page 3 of 3